There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, good to see him back practicing.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I rather see him rested and fully recovered and a full training camp before he steps on the battle field.

This. No rush at all
I like what he said though. He said getting out there and just practicing will go a long way toward getting his mind right for next season. I can understand that. He wants to get out there and get used to playing so that he can go into next season with no worries and a full head of steam. I'm excited for him. He has to be completely jacked!!
He will be ready..

He will lead us to the promised land..

Next year with him and Gore...

Will be like eating ice cream and eating chocolate..
Can't wait to see what this kid can do for our offense.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
I rather see him rested and fully recovered and a full training camp before he steps on the battle field.

This. No rush at all

The coaches know more than any of us, if they deem him fit to practice then I say let the kid do his thang.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Can't wait to see what this kid can do for our offense.

Well you're going to have to, because if Hunter and LMJ can't sniff the field, I doubt Marcus will. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Originally posted by Swami:
He will be ready..

He will lead us to the promised land..

Next year with him and Gore...

Will be like eating ice cream and eating chocolate..
He will be ready.

He will not play.
Originally posted by 49FanMan:
Well you're going to have to, because if Hunter and LMJ can't sniff the field, I doubt Marcus will. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Marcus has franchise caliber potential written all over him. I won't be surprised if he rises up to the no. 2 or even no. 1 deep into next season, assuming he is healthy
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

This. No rush at all

The coaches know more than any of us, if they deem him fit to practice then I say let the kid do his thang.

This. Practicing this year is like an extended offseason program. He won't be playing this year, but at least he gets to practice the plays and get into game shape once minicamps and training camps come around.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

This. No rush at all

This. Practicing this year is like an extended offseason program. He won't be playing this year, but at least he gets to practice the plays and get into game shape once minicamps and training camps come around.
he'll be a beast for next year. goes into the offseason knowing the system and 100% healthy comes out next year ballin
Is Lattimore really that good? Why all the faith. Would love for it to be so.

Marcus has franchise caliber potential written all over him. I won't be surprised if he rises up to the no. 2 or even no. 1 deep into next season, assuming he is healthy

Maybe. But its clear our coaching staff is very reluctant to play rookies. Harbaugh and Roman probably sleep with a picture of Frank Gore next to their bed, so I doubt Marcus hits the field this year. Next year, maybe?

Side note: I've only watched his highlights, but wasn't that impressed. He looked like a big back running through huge holes that wont be there in the NFL>
[ Edited by 49FanMan on Nov 14, 2013 at 8:01 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerG94:
I like what he said though. He said getting out there and just practicing will go a long way toward getting his mind right for next season. I can understand that. He wants to get out there and get used to playing so that he can go into next season with no worries and a full head of steam. I'm excited for him. He has to be completely jacked!!

Agree. Let him get to feel & know that this has all been worth it so he will be ready for next season.

Maybe. But its clear our coaching staff is very reluctant to play rookies. Harbaugh and Roman probably sleep with a picture of Frank Gore next to their bed, so I doubt Marcus hits the field this year. Next year, maybe?

Side note: I've only watched his highlights, but wasn't that impressed. He looked like a big back running through huge holes that wont be there in the NFL>

Well you haven't seen our o-line then lol. When I watch his highlights I see an Arian Foster type back, which is great for our system. He has the vision to create his wholes and a good cutback. He may not have that elite speed, but neither does Gore or Foster. No back has both speed and power unless you're a superfreak like AD