There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

Originally posted by 49erWay:
F you seahawk punks.

Every other team gives respect to eachother, even if we mouth off a little.

You punks though, you are just nothing but loud mouthed punks.

I could even handle not winning the superbowl at this stage as long as we kick the c'''hit out of you in your own place and then ours.

I am not a person of hate, but you are bringing it out of all of us.

I hate you, I want to destroy you.

You are loud mouthed punks now.

Some of the Hawk fans here are pretty cool, but yeah some give the rest a bad name. I'm sure they say the same about us. At least he did say he's rooting for Lattimore, we just have more belief in his potential.
I'm sure frank will come around and be the beast he is. But if god forbid he doesn't and marcus is cleared by doctors to play later in the season. do we see what he has? I have got the impression that the coachs want him to redshirt the year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I rather see him rested and fully recovered and a full training camp before he steps on the battle field.
Why? So he knows what it feels like to be tackled immediately after touching the football?
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Why? So he knows what it feels like to be tackled immediately after touching the football?

Say what you will. I love frank. I bought his jersey right after he had that 76 yard run against the redskins his rookie year. He has always done 3 things really well. block catch and run the football. Right now the only thing we can say for sure he is doing well is blocking. the other 2 are at the very least debatable. Frank traditionally even on terrible offenses with stacked boxes does something spectacular. If he doesn't do something next week I will be concerned. Marcus has great hands was a great runner and blocker. Whether or not he is those things anymore are yet to be determined. bu If franks not frank anymore we will have to look somewhere.
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by outside4949:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Say what you will. I love frank. I bought his jersey right after he had that 76 yard run against the redskins his rookie year. He has always done 3 things really well. block catch and run the football. Right now the only thing we can say for sure he is doing well is blocking. the other 2 are at the very least debatable. Frank traditionally even on terrible offenses with stacked boxes does something spectacular. If he doesn't do something next week I will be concerned. Marcus has great hands was a great runner and blocker. Whether or not he is those things anymore are yet to be determined. bu If franks not frank anymore we will have to look somewhere.
I want him out there as well. And that is why he should sit this year. No need to react. Let the season play out as it will. Marcus is the future. So let him have the chance to proven it then not now.
Did Lattimore run in the read option offense in SC? Wondering about the future of our running game. I know they run/ran the spread offense over there but don't know enough history of his college career.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Did Lattimore run in the read option offense in SC? Wondering about the future of our running game. I know they run/ran the spread offense over there but don't know enough history of his college career.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by DrHawkingThe12th:
Been hearing from Niner fans how this guy will tear the league apart. Other than being a nice feel-good story, I don't really get the hype around this kid. Lattimore will never be able to be a franchise back because of his knees and was pretty overrated to begin with. He always lacked elite speed and likely lost any lateral burst he could have had with those injuries. I'm also really rooting for the guy to recover, but if you're expecting him to be your star runner for the next 5 years, that's almost impossible. He's basically Lynch minus the elite lateral explosion, which is what makes Lynch elite. Lattimore is a nice kid who'll be a decent running back, but nothing ever special though. His highlights often left me slightly underwhelmed.

Meanwhile a RB who is less of a class act, but has more potential went farther north. Glad we were able to get Christine Michaels, he'll really tear things up after Lynch leaves.

OMG you're annoying

they all are

boom
so what does he do, practice for a few weeks before being IR'ed? i dont see him playing this season
This was expected, they want to give him 3 weeks of practice with the team to give him a leg up on next season.
Originally posted by crabman82:
so what does he do, practice for a few weeks before being IR'ed? i dont see him playing this season

Exactly. They have 3 weeks before they can decide to put him on the IR and that is exactly what they'll do.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Exactly. They have 3 weeks before they can decide to put him on the IR and that is exactly what they'll do.

yeah barrows just hit on it..

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows2m
Marcus Lattimore thinks/hopes he'll be cleared for practice by Tues, the last possible day for doing so. Still very unlikely to play this yr

He'll get healthy, show he's the best RB to ever put on a football helmet, then harbaugh will just let him sit on the bench for his whole career while he lets Dixon get all the carries.

srsly though, he won't play this season unless gore and or Hunter go down. Just good to see him practicing.