Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by susweel:
just great another gimpy player getting paid for doing nothing. smh

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 11m ROOKIE UPDATE: 49ers RB Marcus Lattimore likely will miss the ENTIRE 2013 season after recovering from knee injury suffered last October.

Obvious troll is obvious.
And here we though 49ers fans already knew what the deal was when we drafted the guy. Smh.

That is what is annoying. Why draft so many players who are injured and will be red shirted? We have Tank, now this guy and I think we did the same drafting Looney. It just seems like a bad idea.

No immediate need for them, especially on this team. Gore will be his old self this year and still has 3 more productive years, Hunter and James are both very young. Tank could help and I think will play at some point this year but will he play ahead of Smith, McDonald, Williams, Dorsey, or even Dobbs/Tukuafu? Didn't really need Looney last year either but I think he was available just inactive every game.
This year the only positions that a rookie/free agent would get much playing time (before injuries) were FS, TE, WR, backup OLB. We got Reid and Dahl, McDonald, Boldin and Patton, and Haralson and Lemonier. The Nnamdi signing and Boldin trade look that much greater now with Culliver and Crabtree going down.

What you have illustrated is that we have had a great offseason thus far
The point is, if we drafted another WR, CB or so, they could of stepped up. Instead, we drafted guys who can't even practice, regardless of their position. drafting guy's like Lemonair is my point. We had OLB pretty much full, especially with Haralson coming back and the other two guys from last year potentially being able to play. Well Fleming tore is ACL and we didn't know how Haralson would play. But we got Lemonair anyways and he looks like he can step in and play.

Nnamdi very well could contribute, but so could a guy we drafted instead of going for an injured RB or injured Dlinemen.

We had 11 draft picks and 3 of our 1st 4 picks filled our most immediate needs and will play right away this year at FS, TE and OLB. Then we promoted Ian Williams on DL and drafted QP at WR. Now we have Tank and Latt getting healthy for next season where they should play big roles.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
The point is, if we drafted another WR, CB or so, they could of stepped up. Instead, we drafted guys who can't even practice, regardless of their position. drafting guy's like Lemonair is my point. We had OLB pretty much full, especially with Haralson coming back and the other two guys from last year potentially being able to play. Well Fleming tore is ACL and we didn't know how Haralson would play. But we got Lemonair anyways and he looks like he can step in and play.

Nnamdi very well could contribute, but so could a guy we drafted instead of going for an injured RB or injured Dlinemen.

We had 11 draft picks and 3 of our 1st 4 picks filled our most immediate needs and will play right away this year at FS, TE and OLB. Then we promoted Ian Williams on DL and drafted QP at WR. Now we have Tank and Latt getting healthy for next season where they should play big roles.
exactly. i dont see what the problem is. lattimore is more of a feature back type guy, and a damn good one at that. when hes ready he will be the heir to frank gore's backfield and hunter/james will spell him and be the gimmick guys we use in other situations like sproles.
Been hearing from Niner fans how this guy will tear the league apart. Other than being a nice feel-good story, I don't really get the hype around this kid. Lattimore will never be able to be a franchise back because of his knees and was pretty overrated to begin with. He always lacked elite speed and likely lost any lateral burst he could have had with those injuries. I'm also really rooting for the guy to recover, but if you're expecting him to be your star runner for the next 5 years, that's almost impossible. He's basically Lynch minus the elite lateral explosion, which is what makes Lynch elite. Lattimore is a nice kid who'll be a decent running back, but nothing ever special though. His highlights often left me slightly underwhelmed.

Meanwhile a RB who is less of a class act, but has more potential went farther north. Glad we were able to get Christine Michaels, he'll really tear things up after Lynch leaves.
[ Edited by DrHawkingThe12th on Sep 1, 2013 at 4:24 PM ]
They said the same thing about Frank Gore. And if he's not a franchise changing back, even if he's productive at the nfl level, it would be considered a steal in the 4th round.
Originally posted by DrHawkingThe12th:
Been hearing from Niner fans how this guy will tear the league apart. Other than being a nice feel-good story, I don't really get the hype around this kid. Lattimore will never be able to be a franchise back because of his knees and was pretty overrated to begin with. He always lacked elite speed and likely lost any lateral burst he could have had with those injuries

You're talking about Frank Gore right? By the way I remember when my mom let me use the internet by myself for the first time.

LOL pdizio... same exact time. Great mind's think alike. People like this are the reason Frank Gore is what he is. You tell them they can't do it. They say I already have.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 1, 2013 at 4:49 PM ]
Wow
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Been hearing from Niner fans how this guy will tear the league apart. Other than being a nice feel-good story, I don't really get the hype around this kid. Lattimore will never be able to be a franchise back because of his knees and was pretty overrated to begin with. He always lacked elite speed and likely lost any lateral burst he could have had with those injuries

You're talking about Frank Gore right?

LOL pdizio... same exact time. Great mind's think alike. People like this are the reason Frank Gore is what he is. You tell them they can't do it. They say I already have.

What will make Lattimore great is our training staff, getting fully healthy watching Frank, his own ability, and most of all...this OL! He can be very good here and he is the reason we extend Iupati

You're talking about Frank Gore right? By the way I remember when my mom let me use the internet by myself for the first time.

Sorry Gore. He's obviously too young to know who you are, and that your story is not only very similar to Lattimore's, but was actually worse in terms of knee injuries.

Talking about knee injuries making a running back impotent is pretty amazing after what Peterson did last year, ESPECIALLY on a 49er forum, where everyone is familiar with Frank Gire.
Yes. They spent a 2nd rd pick on a RB with attitude issues. Nice! Hope that works out
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Sorry Gore. He's obviously too young to know who you are, and that your story is not only very similar to Lattimore's, but was actually worse in terms of knee injuries.

Talking about knee injuries making a running back impotent is pretty amazing after what Peterson did last year, ESPECIALLY on a 49er forum, where everyone is familiar with Frank Gire.

First, have to let you guys down and say I'm not Frank Gore. I pulled a hammy going to the fridge the other day. I get winded while eating and the only time I run is for food. Seriously though, I don't know if Lattimore is the next Gore and maybe the guy is right maybe he will only be serviceable but like some said why not take a chance with one of the last picks in the 4th. I have learned you don't bet against guys like Lattimore. I'm sure a million people told guys like Gore and Lattimore you are done, you will never play in the NFL. And like I said their reply was probably I already have. Sounds like a Nike commercial but these guys are alpha males... they are so driven and motivated, so competitive you can't bet against them.
First, have to let you guys down and say I'm not Frank Gore. I pulled a hammy going to the fridge the other day. I get winded while eating and the only time I run is for food. Seriously though, I don't know if Lattimore is the next Gore and maybe the guy is right maybe he will only be serviceable but like some said why not take a chance with one of the last picks in the 4th. I have learned you don't bet against guys like Lattimore. I'm sure a million people told guys like Gore and Lattimore you are done, you will never play in the NFL. And like I said their reply was probably I already have. Sounds like a Nike commercial but these guys are alpha males... they are so driven and motivated, so competitive you can't bet against them.

no need to be so humble Frank
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Been hearing from Niner fans how this guy will tear the league apart. Other than being a nice feel-good story, I don't really get the hype around this kid. Lattimore will never be able to be a franchise back because of his knees and was pretty overrated to begin with. He always lacked elite speed and likely lost any lateral burst he could have had with those injuries. I'm also really rooting for the guy to recover, but if you're expecting him to be your star runner for the next 5 years, that's almost impossible. He's basically Lynch minus the elite lateral explosion, which is what makes Lynch elite. Lattimore is a nice kid who'll be a decent running back, but nothing ever special though. His highlights often left me slightly underwhelmed.

Meanwhile a RB who is less of a class act, but has more potential went farther north. Glad we were able to get Christine Michaels, he'll really tear things up after Lynch leaves.

Man, I can't wait to get McDermott's Jersey.. that signing has me drooling!
Is it to purchase a seattle seahawks jersey with the number 0 on the front, and on the back have an empty trophy case?

To bad for you. They can fix knee's but they can't fix stupid.