There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
We just drafted Frank Gore to replace Frank Gore in a couple years

This. We're like the immortals.
Awesome. Kid gets to watch, learn and rehab this year.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Awesome, worth the risk. IR him this year and see what he can do next year. At 131 and a comp pick for Josh Morgan yeah I think we won.

Hell yea let him take his time and rehab this s**t. he will be fully recovered and ready to esplode in a year from now.
  • IT21
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
We just drafted Frank Gore to replace Frank Gore in a couple years

This. We're like the immortals.

Baalke is a boss
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
the only problem with marcus, he was never that fast to begin with in college. he probably between a 4.5 and a 4.6, on his best day. coming off that knee/leg injury, i doubt his speed increased.

either way, he would make an amazing full back, or 3rd down back. the guy made trent richardson look like kevin barlow when it came to getting physical.

I don't think he's talented as Gore was. Gore was seen as the best back in a group that included Edgerrin James, Portis and McGahee.

He's certainly worth the gamble though.

Frank Gore:

• IT21
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Awesome. Kid gets to watch, learn and rehab this year.

he literally has 0 pressure on him to return soon
perfect place for him
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Apr 27, 2013 at 11:01 AM ]
Love the lattimore pick. Kid runs with violent intentions, kinda like AP.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
LaMichael James ‏@LaMichaelJames

@LattTwoOne stoked! Welcome to the team bro!!!! Always been a fan
I had him #1 on my big board nice pick
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
the only problem with marcus, he was never that fast to begin with in college. he probably between a 4.5 and a 4.6, on his best day. coming off that knee/leg injury, i doubt his speed increased.

either way, he would make an amazing full back, or 3rd down back. the guy made trent richardson look like kevin barlow when it came to getting physical.

I don't think he's talented as Gore was. Gore was seen as the best back in a group that included Edgerrin James, Portis and McGahee.

He's certainly worth the gamble though.

Frank Gore:

him and frank are a little different.

think more like steven jackson when it comes to lattimore. he's got a strong upper body as well, and won't always put his head down like frank, he will bulldoze his way through backs, and uses the stiff arm very well.

also, i forgot if gore was a good pass catcher coming out of college, because marcus isn't. that's the one area he needs a lot of improvement in. rarely did south carolina set up screen passes for him.
  • Jd925
  • Veteran

All-pro Arian Foster ran a 4.69 pro day....... Alfred Morris ran a 4.67 ... top rookie, 2nd leading NFL with 1600+, 13TDs ... Doug Martin the 2nd best rookie ran a 4.55 and ran 1450+ yds with 11 TDs.... injury recovery is the main concern.. otherwise Lattimore is one of the top RB talents...
Originally posted by Jd925:

All-pro Arian Foster ran a 4.69 pro day....... Alfred Morris ran a 4.67 ... top rookie, 2nd leading NFL with 1600+, 13TDs ... Doug Martin the 2nd best rookie ran a 4.55 and ran 1450+ yds with 11 TDs.... injury recovery is the main concern.. otherwise Lattimore is one of the top RB talents...

not saying he's not lol, just said he's not that fast.
  • MILFS
  • Veteran
40 yard time is OVERRATED. how often do you actually witness a player run STRAIGHT for forty yards in football.

explosiveness and the ability to cut is more important

think more like steven jackson when it comes to lattimore. he's got a strong upper body as well, and won't always put his head down like frank, he will bulldoze his way through backs, and uses the stiff arm very well.

also, i forgot if gore was a good pass catcher coming out of college, because marcus isn't. that's the one area he needs a lot of improvement in. rarely did south carolina set up screen passes for him.
Gamecock fan and I had to make an account to correct this. Lattimore was a GREAT pass catcher here. We didn't set up many screens for him because RB screens just aren't something we do that often, and when we do, we never block for them and our RB gets leveled behind the line. He had 74 catches for 767 yards in just 28 games in college. Probably 3-4 of those games were games he played in less than a half for various reasons. Almost all of his catches were either check downs, swing routes, or wheel routes. I can't think of any time he ever dropped a pass off the top of my head, but he might have had one drop.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

74 catches for 767 yards in college (14.2 yards per catch as a freshman)
[ Edited by Jcool on Apr 27, 2013 at 11:23 AM ]