There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

I also am an SEC fan.... I think the guy was a safe Pick.

IF he lives up to his billing the niners just reloaded with an elite back who could have been a top ten pick if healthy
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Being a UK resident, I don't get to watch much college football so how good could Lattimore be if he recovers fully? I don't know where to place him in terms of talent - could he be better than Frank Gore, does his college career compare.

I'd love it if he was at the AP end of the RB scale but as good as Gore would be plenty! Where does he fit in the talent scale mfrom the highlights I watched on Youtube he reminds me of AP but those are selective of course...
just great another gimpy player getting paid for doing nothing. smh

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 11m ROOKIE UPDATE: 49ers RB Marcus Lattimore likely will miss the ENTIRE 2013 season after recovering from knee injury suffered last October.
Originally posted by susweel:

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 11m ROOKIE UPDATE: 49ers RB Marcus Lattimore likely will miss the ENTIRE 2013 season after recovering from knee injury suffered last October.

As expected. This is no suprise.

Obvious troll is obvious.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

And here we though 49ers fans already knew what the deal was when we drafted the guy. Smh.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

And here we though 49ers fans already knew what the deal was when we drafted the guy. Smh.

is obvious he's had a setback with his knee. the dudes knee was bent back I doubt he ever plays again.

Cracks me up how ESPN is trying to pass this off as NEW news. lol

That is what is annoying. Why draft so many players who are injured and will be red shirted? We have Tank, now this guy and I think we did the same drafting Looney. It just seems like a bad idea.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
That is what is annoying. Why draft so many players who are injured and will be red shirted? We have Tank, now this guy and I think we did the same drafting Looney. It just seems like a bad idea.

You draft for the future...not present.

Only if ur a good team like the niners.

No immediate need for them, especially on this team. Gore will be his old self this year and still has 3 more productive years, Hunter and James are both very young. Tank could help and I think will play at some point this year but will he play ahead of Smith, McDonald, Williams, Dorsey, or even Dobbs/Tukuafu? Didn't really need Looney last year either but I think he was available just inactive every game.
This year the only positions that a rookie/free agent would get much playing time (before injuries) were FS, TE, WR, backup OLB. We got Reid and Dahl, McDonald, Boldin and Patton, and Haralson and Lemonier. The Nnamdi signing and Boldin trade look that much greater now with Culliver and Crabtree going down.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

You draft for the future...not present.

Only if ur a good team like the niners.

You draft for the future but also for the present. We have some holes that need filling right now. I just don't like taking seriously injured players, sitting them out a season, hoping they come back to regular form, hoping they don't get re injured. And, even if they do pan out, then we only have said player for a year or two in their prime before they demand high salary. Just seems like an awful big risk, especially this year with Tank and Lattimore.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

No immediate need for them, especially on this team. Gore will be his old self this year and still has 3 more productive years, Hunter and James are both very young. Tank could help and I think will play at some point this year but will he play ahead of Smith, McDonald, Williams, Dorsey, or even Dobbs/Tukuafu? Didn't really need Looney last year either but I think he was available just inactive every game.
This year the only positions that a rookie/free agent would get much playing time (before injuries) were FS, TE, WR, backup OLB. We got Reid and Dahl, McDonald, Boldin and Patton, and Haralson and Lemonier. The Nnamdi signing and Boldin trade look that much greater now with Culliver and Crabtree going down.

Out of all those names, only Boldin solidified his spot. Reid is coming along but its too early. Who knows, maybe we draft someone that is healthy and overtakes a starting role. It has happened before.

Out of all those names, only Boldin solidified his spot. Reid is coming along but its too early. Who knows, maybe we draft someone that is healthy and overtakes a starting role. It has happened before.

Reid will be better than Goldson. Call it a bold prediction if you want.

If you think only Boldin solidifies the spot we needed help in then what would it matter if they drafted healthy players over injured? If Haralson doesn't solidify that spot then Lemonier who is just as good as anyone we could have gotten with our first or anyone in the second should. I think Nnamdi will see just about as much playing time as Rogers and will return to his Oakland form. Vance McDonald will make us forget Walker.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Aug 19, 2013 at 6:54 PM ]

Reid will be better than Goldson. Call it a bold prediction if you want.

If you think only Boldin solidifies the spot we needed help in then what would it matter if they drafted healthy players over injured? If Haralson doesn't solidify that spot then Lemonier who is just as good as anyone we could have gotten with our first or anyone in the second should. I think Nnamdi will see just about as much playing time as Rogers and will return to his Oakland form. Vance McDonald will make us forget Walker.

The point is, if we drafted another WR, CB or so, they could of stepped up. Instead, we drafted guys who can't even practice, regardless of their position. drafting guy's like Lemonair is my point. We had OLB pretty much full, especially with Haralson coming back and the other two guys from last year potentially being able to play. Well Fleming tore is ACL and we didn't know how Haralson would play. But we got Lemonair anyways and he looks like he can step in and play.

Nnamdi very well could contribute, but so could a guy we drafted instead of going for an injured RB or injured Dlinemen.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Aug 19, 2013 at 7:00 PM ]