There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
the next great Niners halfback

fixed

i've seen the highlight videos on youtube..its tough to take away much from highlight videos but the most notable thing is the fact that he's always running north south and making aggressive cuts up field, he isn't trying to get cute and cut it outside, he sees the blocks and explodes instantly up field through the gap
Originally posted by iLL49er:
i've seen the highlight videos on youtube..its tough to take away much from highlight videos but the most notable thing is the fact that he's always running north south and making aggressive cuts up field, he isn't trying to get cute and cut it outside, he sees the blocks and explodes instantly up field through the gap

Dixon highlights were similar
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jul 15, 2013 at 12:59 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

agree but not w/ this level of explosiveness, he has better vision.

all be it, too early to tell whether he'll be great...but talent and work ethic are in his favor so the chances are he will be a good player

agree but not w/ this level of explosiveness, he has better vision.

all be it, too early to tell whether he'll be great...but talent and work ethic are in his favor so the chances are he will be a good player

I thought Dixon was going to be great but for some reason he fell off and got fat.

it will be his drive..does he have it (Lattimore)..we will see

not even close
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

not even close

Yeah, being a SEC fan I can tell you Boobie has nothing on Lattimore. Lattimore was widely considered the best halfback coming out of high school and was the best in the conference. If he recovers to %100, we got the steal of the draft.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

not even close

Yeah, being a SEC fan I can tell you Boobie has nothing on Lattimore. Lattimore was widely considered the best halfback coming out of high school and was the best in the conference. If he recovers to %100, we got the steal of the draft.
Hey, did i say they were the exactly alike ? no

Dixon ran north but changed after he was drafted

not even close

Dixon is more effective on Twitter than on the field.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

not even close

I think he did a good job for us, was a good goal line back, was probably the best guy on our special ed teams and i am sure,, had he been given a chance, he could have scored on second and goal from the five in the super bowl. as a matter of fact , any combo of dixon/gore/ ck would have f**king scored on second and goal, if,,,, ah never mind
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

not even close

I think he did a good job for us, was a good goal line back, was probably the best guy on our special ed teams and i am sure,, had he been given a chance, he could have scored on second and goal from the five in the super bowl. as a matter of fact , any combo of dixon/gore/ ck would have f**king scored on second and goal, if,,,, ah never mind

I understand man, I understand.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheBlueHell:
Lattimore never had the top end speed of an Adrian Peterson or Dickerson even before he had the knee injuries. I think the Gore comparison is a good one, although I do think Latt might actually be more physical than even Frank the Tank. Very hard to get him down at first contact.

Already bigger than Frank. I think he'll be special. He can't do any worse than Roger Craig.

Giedi
So glad he's a Niner

Inspired human being. Bill Walsh would have been proud to coach Marcus.

LINK
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jul 23, 2013 at 7:51 AM ]

After all one was picked in the 6th round and the other in the 4th round even though he had multiple knee injuries. More of an investment in Lattimore than Dixon and more risk as well
Creative use of the PUP? We have too many good backs to have them all active, and Dixon is good for STs, so Lattimore stays injured and ...?