There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

Originally posted by whirledps:
Now if the Niner's can only draft Jadeveon Clowney in the next draft!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1627921-why-jadeveon-clowney-is-the-best-pro-prospect-in-all-of-college-football

I wish someone would show the play right before this one, it was a fumble but th refs missed the call; I believe this is what pissed Clowny off in the first place. That play motivated him to take matters into his own hands, and boy did he!
that has to be the greatest defensive play in the history of mankind.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

That hit/take-away changed the momentum of the game DRASTICALLY. South Carolina would win it in the final seconds. It was one of the better bowl games of last year.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Thank you USCJD! Sincerely, I tell you now from a die hard 49ers fan for more than 23 years at age 32, that the 49ers are a team of high integrity and the best team in all of sports when taking care of their own. The players have a highly esteemed front office with a players' coach that truly brings transparency to the field and loves spending time with his guys. Harbaugh absolutely loves Lattimore from so much more than what Marcus has brought on the field, but at the same time will bring the very best healing schedule with the games top trainers to maximize Marcus' recovery to his full potential even if it means slowing his therapy workload.

And the 49ers have a very solid fanbase who are truly "The Faithful." We have been through the last ten years of mediocrity knowing that we will rise back to the top where we belong in the NFL. We never left. We watched every play when the game was out of reach, and would rewatch in the evening, thinking we could fix something that went wrong in the game. Faithful we are and we love that Lattimore is now a 49er

Very similar to the path of Frank Gore and we love Frank Gore so much. Hopefully we have won a Gamecock fan over to become a 49ers fan, because "we" embody the same values that mark Lattimore's walk: family, excellence, togetherness, work, integrity, toughness.

Thanks again for the inspiring words future 49ers fan!

The bolded portion there is what makes me most feel that Lattimore will be at "home" with the 49ers. We speak of the same faithful in the "Gamecock Faithful" that continued to pack our stadium and refused to sell season tickets during the 1998 and 1999 seasons when USC lost 21 straight games. It's awesome to see and read and feel that the 49er family has adopted Marcus so graciously. His similarities to Frank Gore, and his relationship with McGahee are even more comforting in that we know the 9er program isn't afraid to invest some time and money in a RB. I sincerely hope that the 49ers will do as Lattimore will and rise up and dominate. I and my friends all agree, we'll be watching every game this year and in years to come. Once again, I say Go Lattimore, Go 49ers!
Originally posted by USCJD:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Thank you USCJD! Sincerely, I tell you now from a die hard 49ers fan for more than 23 years at age 32, that the 49ers are a team of high integrity and the best team in all of sports when taking care of their own. The players have a highly esteemed front office with a players' coach that truly brings transparency to the field and loves spending time with his guys. Harbaugh absolutely loves Lattimore from so much more than what Marcus has brought on the field, but at the same time will bring the very best healing schedule with the games top trainers to maximize Marcus' recovery to his full potential even if it means slowing his therapy workload.

And the 49ers have a very solid fanbase who are truly "The Faithful." We have been through the last ten years of mediocrity knowing that we will rise back to the top where we belong in the NFL. We never left. We watched every play when the game was out of reach, and would rewatch in the evening, thinking we could fix something that went wrong in the game. Faithful we are and we love that Lattimore is now a 49er

Very similar to the path of Frank Gore and we love Frank Gore so much. Hopefully we have won a Gamecock fan over to become a 49ers fan, because "we" embody the same values that mark Lattimore's walk: family, excellence, togetherness, work, integrity, toughness.

Thanks again for the inspiring words future 49ers fan!

The bolded portion there is what makes me most feel that Lattimore will be at "home" with the 49ers. We speak of the same faithful in the "Gamecock Faithful" that continued to pack our stadium and refused to sell season tickets during the 1998 and 1999 seasons when USC lost 21 straight games. It's awesome to see and read and feel that the 49er family has adopted Marcus so graciously. His similarities to Frank Gore, and his relationship with McGahee are even more comforting in that we know the 9er program isn't afraid to invest some time and money in a RB. I sincerely hope that the 49ers will do as Lattimore will and rise up and dominate. I and my friends all agree, we'll be watching every game this year and in years to come. Once again, I say Go Lattimore, Go 49ers!

Does anyone know how long before the draft Frank's last knee surgery was? He was ready to roll right out of the box for us, but how long had he healed before we put him on the field?
Marcus Lattimore's draft day phone call - "Yes Sir, Yes Sir, Yes Sir, Yes Sir" - Tears, Class & Manners

Geno Smith draft day - Fires agent because of draft position

Which team got the better man and team player? The San Francisco 49er's, of course!
Originally posted by susweel:
Gamecocks are my new favorite college team.

I always knew you liked the cocks...

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by susweel:
Gamecocks are my new favorite college team.

I always knew you liked the cocks...

So what your saying is you knew he was a huge cocks fan?

COLUMBIA, S.C. (WACH) - Former Gamecock star Marcus Lattimore is just days away from reporting to his new NFL team.

Lattimore said Wednesday he is set to head to the San Francisco 49ers on Friday. The team drafted him last month, despite Lattimore's second straight season-ending knee injury.

On Wednesday morning, South Carolina's all-time touchdowns leader was attending a prayer breakfast hosted by the Palmetto Center for Women where his mother, Yolanda Smith, was the keynote speaker. Smith talked about her strong faith leading her through the challenges of facing death and the difficulties of being a single mother.

Lattimore says he was able to draw strength from his mother's faith and guidance during his difficult recovery process.

He's also continuing to get guidance from his new teammate, Frank Gore, who also suffered two knee injuries during his college playing days.

"He just told me to keep being myself. That's the main advice you can give anybody," said Lattimore. "That's what I tell people. Just keep being yourself because that's what got you there."

Heading into April's draft there were question marks about whether Lattimore ever would get there. Considered a lock for the first round before his second knee injury, analysts had him being drafted anywhere from the second round to not drafted at all as he recovered from last October's injury.

The 49ers took a chance on a player some called the biggest "wild card" in the 2013 NFL Draft, and Lattimore is ready to prove the team didn't make a mistake when he arrives on the West coast later this week.

"It really hasn't hit me yet. The realization that I'm in the NFL," said Lattimore. "I still feel like I'm in college. But, once I get there I feel like it will hit me. It's just a blessing to be in this position. I'm going to take advantage of it right when I get out there."
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by whirledps:
Now if the Niner's can only draft Jadeveon Clowney in the next draft!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1627921-why-jadeveon-clowney-is-the-best-pro-prospect-in-all-of-college-football

I wish someone would show the play right before this one, it was a fumble but th refs missed the call; I believe this is what pissed Clowny off in the first place. That play motivated him to take matters into his own hands, and boy did he!

The next Peppers.
Peppers is an inch taller and currently about 15 pounds heavier. Their speed is almost spot-on, around 4.5 (give or take a few fractions) in the 40. They will both knock the snot out of a ball carrier/QB - that's a fact!

Come on...great hit yes, but he was unblocked...
  • RY4N
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tulliman:

Bro, you didn't hear what happened at the moment of contact? He ripped a hole in the space time continuum and the earth's rotation stopped for 3 seconds. Pretty impressive.
Originally posted by RY4N:

Bro, you didn't hear what happened at the moment of contact? He ripped a hole in the space time continuum and the earth's rotation stopped for 3 seconds. Pretty impressive.

I could have done that.
Originally posted by RY4N:

I could have done that.

I believe this already happened when Mark Sanchez ran into his lineman's ass.