There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

Originally posted by RMuTT1981:
Is that what that water was coming out of my eyes?

Seriously though, I am full on this bus. Where do I buy a jersey, want one right now!!!!

Another article, same stuff....he's great, he's humble, he's selfless, blah, blah, blah

http://www.adventureswithmarty.com/2012/10/thank-you-marcus-lattimore.html

LOL
Good God did you hear his mother Yolanda screaming when he got drafted?? hahaha wow
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Not gonna lie,that video put a tear in my eye as well. Really pulling for this kid. Would be even if he wasn't a Niner....all the more so now.

Holy s**t your right I did shed a tear!!!
Holy crap, I did too.

This guy is extremely benevolent and humble.

Seriously though, I am full on this bus. Where do I buy a jersey, want one right now!!!!

Another article, same stuff....he's great, he's humble, he's selfless, blah, blah, blah

Man I'm with you guys, but did not tear.
  • RY4N
  • Veteran
"If you don't believe in Christ, you will after this comeback." - Marcus Lattimore

Man, this guy can really move you in so many ways. Hope this doesn't cross any sort of religious lines, but just thought this was another good video to share about Marcus.
Originally posted by 49erGamecock:
Good God did you hear his mother Yolanda screaming when he got drafted?? hahaha wow

She did a pretty good job raising Marcus. According to his older sister quoted in a Sports Illustrated article, the only trouble Marcus has ever gotten into was setting off a sparkler in his high school locker room. He admitted the transgression to his coach and was punished with running hills for a week after practice.

Here is a video from yesterday in South Carolina.
http://t.co/o2a1rzuDuv

Sorry, I did not see the post above mine. It is a link to the same video
[ Edited by whirledps on May 6, 2013 at 10:09 AM ]
hopefully he can play before his rookie contract expires.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
show me a starting running back in college that doesn't get catches or yards. he has improved his pass catching since coming as a freshman, but those stats were nothing special. when you run the ball 30-40 times a game like carolina did, of course you're gonna catch the defense for a couple of check downs to your RB. He's a not a player that you can depend on in a passing game to run correct routes and make some tough catches, like frank did, when the pass protection broke down.

Sorry but deadly inaccurate on that one.. In 2010 he had 412 receiving yards as a RB with an average of 14.2 yards per catch. That same season he had 133 receiving yards on 4 catches with 2 TD's against Kentucky IN THE FIRST HALF. One of his biggest attributes is his ability to pass block then catch out of the backfield. We utilized him heavily on screens, swing passes, WHEEL routes, and underneath checkdowns. Hell, at one point lattimore even led the team in receptions at the halfway point of the season! He was notorious for making a good pass block then running underneath as an outlet for the QB.

I agree with this. Check the Catch and Run at 0:43 seconds.

This video should get you folks even more giddy.
[ Edited by LonnieUtah on May 6, 2013 at 11:00 AM ]
Another Gamecock fan here. Yes, I also registered just to post here about Lattimore.

I have never been a huge professional football fan. I grew up a college fan and always felt like the pro game lacked the same simple, unadultered feel that college football did. Never did I think that a draft pick would change my opinion. Boy was I wrong.

I followed Marcus closely while I attended USC. I shared in every victory Marcus earned and felt the pain every time he suffered a setback. Marcus isn't just a football player in South Carolina. Marcus represents this ideal, this attitude, this strength that all of us wish we had the ability to muster in times of hardship. His relentless optimism and unquestionable character have inspired so many to strive to handle the unexpected circumstances life sometimes brings with his same grace and composure. Marcus's devotion to his teammates, his family, and his community engendered a feeling of family within all of the USC and South Carolina community. We all feel like we are and strive to be like Marcus Lattimore. As we moved to face the inevitable, it was with bittersweet feelings that we had to accept that Marcus would move on to the NFL. I think we were all reluctant to see him go, but beyond excited to see where.

I've spent the last couple of weeks reading everything I can get my hands on about Marcus and his recent acquisition by the 49ers. Having done that, I'm not sure there would have been a better place for Marcus to be or a better fan-base for him to be adopted by. My excitement for Lattimore has seemed to only compound itself in the recent days and weeks since learning more about the 49ers, their fans, and their reception of Marcus. It seems that Marcus has moved away from his South Carolina family only to join an even larger, equally warm and welcoming west-coast clan. I am absolutely delighted to see ya'll talk about Lattimore with the same sincerity and respect that came to accompany his name during his years at USC.

I know I'm just another one of the Lattimore bandwagon fans. No doubt about that. There was no doubt that I'd be watching the games and following Lattimore, but, from what I've seen of the 49er community thus far, I think that my bandwagon beginnings are manifesting into full-fledged fandom. Needless to say, I'm on board and am excited to see what the 49ers and Lattimore will do in the coming years.

It is with great pride that I say, Go Lattimore, Go 49ers!
Originally posted by USCJD:
Another Gamecock fan here. Yes, I also registered just to post here about Lattimore.

I have never been a huge professional football fan. I grew up a college fan and always felt like the pro game lacked the same simple, unadultered feel that college football did. Never did I think that a draft pick would change my opinion. Boy was I wrong.

I followed Marcus closely while I attended USC. I shared in every victory Marcus earned and felt the pain every time he suffered a setback. Marcus isn't just a football player in South Carolina. Marcus represents this ideal, this attitude, this strength that all of us wish we had the ability to muster in times of hardship. His relentless optimism and unquestionable character have inspired so many to strive to handle the unexpected circumstances life sometimes brings with his same grace and composure. Marcus's devotion to his teammates, his family, and his community engendered a feeling of family within all of the USC and South Carolina community. We all feel like we are and strive to be like Marcus Lattimore. As we moved to face the inevitable, it was with bittersweet feelings that we had to accept that Marcus would move on to the NFL. I think we were all reluctant to see him go, but beyond excited to see where.

I've spent the last couple of weeks reading everything I can get my hands on about Marcus and his recent acquisition by the 49ers. Having done that, I'm not sure there would have been a better place for Marcus to be or a better fan-base for him to be adopted by. My excitement for Lattimore has seemed to only compound itself in the recent days and weeks since learning more about the 49ers, their fans, and their reception of Marcus. It seems that Marcus has moved away from his South Carolina family only to join an even larger, equally warm and welcoming west-coast clan. I am absolutely delighted to see ya'll talk about Lattimore with the same sincerity and respect that came to accompany his name during his years at USC.

I know I'm just another one of the Lattimore bandwagon fans. No doubt about that. There was no doubt that I'd be watching the games and following Lattimore, but, from what I've seen of the 49er community thus far, I think that my bandwagon beginnings are manifesting into full-fledged fandom. Needless to say, I'm on board and am excited to see what the 49ers and Lattimore will do in the coming years.

Thanks, man! I, for one, am so stoked to have him. It's just gonna be hard to watch the season knowing we have a stud like Lattimore nursing and rehabing for the following season.
To understand what Marcus means to us Gamecock fans, and why so many of us are now 49'ers fans, read this.

I'm a "grown @$$ man", but will admit to getting misty eyed when I heard that Marcus had be drafted as I was driving and listening to the draft on NFL radio....
[ Edited by LonnieUtah on May 6, 2013 at 1:36 PM ]

Couldn't help but hear it. She was going crazy.
Originally posted by USCJD:

Thank you USCJD! Sincerely, I tell you now from a die hard 49ers fan for more than 23 years at age 32, that the 49ers are a team of high integrity and the best team in all of sports when taking care of their own. The players have a highly esteemed front office with a players' coach that truly brings transparency to the field and loves spending time with his guys. Harbaugh absolutely loves Lattimore from so much more than what Marcus has brought on the field, but at the same time will bring the very best healing schedule with the games top trainers to maximize Marcus' recovery to his full potential even if it means slowing his therapy workload.

And the 49ers have a very solid fanbase who are truly "The Faithful." We have been through the last ten years of mediocrity knowing that we will rise back to the top where we belong in the NFL. We never left. We watched every play when the game was out of reach, and would rewatch in the evening, thinking we could fix something that went wrong in the game. Faithful we are and we love that Lattimore is now a 49er

Very similar to the path of Frank Gore and we love Frank Gore so much. Hopefully we have won a Gamecock fan over to become a 49ers fan, because "we" embody the same values that mark Lattimore's walk: family, excellence, togetherness, work, integrity, toughness.

Thanks again for the inspiring words future 49ers fan!
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Wow the amount of SC fans we have gained is amazing.

Panthers must be viewed as North Carolina's team

ya, for the most part. the majority of football fans from SC, are falcon fans, then you got some panther fans, and fans of different teams.

Dallas has a strong showing around here as well.
Originally posted by RY4N:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Wow the amount of SC fans we have gained is amazing.

Panthers must be viewed as North Carolina's team

Yes, you won't see many people in Columbia, SC sporting Panther gear or anything like that. Once you get towards the upstate closer to Charlotte you notice more fans but that's expected. I personally think either Columbia, SC or Charleston, SC could support a pro team. I mean GB can do it, but maybe its just a pipe dream. Ah well! My allegiances now lie with the 49ers and I'm pretty happy about it. I will tell you that I've seen a noticeable amount of seemingly new 49er fans around the state (South Carolina)! Like seriously, before the draft you would rarely get behind a car with a SF decal or see someone sporting a SF hat but I've come across at least a dozen or so encounters since last weekend. I've already picked up some 49er gear and can't wait to get my Latti jersey.

I hope you guys are prepared to see a large 49er section whenever San Fran comes to Charlotte to play the Panthers, whenever that may be. I don't know how often you guys (or any other NFL team fan base) see so many newly acquired fans based on a single player being drafted. but if its not apparent a big part of Gamecock Nation now rep the Niner Nation! Happily and proudly at that!

Dont forget about Micheal Haney and Heath Kline (?sic) pumping the radio waves with pro Niner;s talk. Its not alot but because it is a college dominated market, but if there is pro talk by them a fair bit of the time it is niners related. Heath Kline has been saying for months that the best fit for Lattimore was the 49ers and that was his guess as to his landing spot. I also recently found out (before the super bowl) that Micheal Haney is a Niners fan.

As for SC, Most people will wear Clemson and Gamecock colors. I would guess that 80% of the football apparel is instate college related.

Speaking of the 9ers attendance at the next Panthers Game... I bet it is going to be sick and I may just have to join'em. I doubt this has much to do with the popularity of the Panthers in SC but it is worth noting that Carolina lost it's only SEC championship appearance to Auburn and now current Panthers QB Cam Newton.
Originally posted by whirledps:

LOL