There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

Not gonna lie,that video put a tear in my eye as well. Really pulling for this kid. Would be even if he wasn't a Niner....all the more so now.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Not gonna lie,that video put a tear in my eye as well. Really pulling for this kid. Would be even if he wasn't a Niner....all the more so now.

Dream scenario: ML is the MVP of Super Bowl L
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Holy s**t your right I did shed a tear!!!
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

139 yards, 3 rushing touchdowns, Niner's win it 31-17!
Originally posted by whirledps:

139 yards, 3 rushing touchdowns, Niner's win it 31-17!

at HOME!
  • RY4N
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Wow the amount of SC fans we have gained is amazing.

Panthers must be viewed as North Carolina's team

Yes, you won't see many people in Columbia, SC sporting Panther gear or anything like that. Once you get towards the upstate closer to Charlotte you notice more fans but that's expected. I personally think either Columbia, SC or Charleston, SC could support a pro team. I mean GB can do it, but maybe its just a pipe dream. Ah well! My allegiances now lie with the 49ers and I'm pretty happy about it. I will tell you that I've seen a noticeable amount of seemingly new 49er fans around the state (South Carolina)! Like seriously, before the draft you would rarely get behind a car with a SF decal or see someone sporting a SF hat but I've come across at least a dozen or so encounters since last weekend. I've already picked up some 49er gear and can't wait to get my Latti jersey.

I hope you guys are prepared to see a large 49er section whenever San Fran comes to Charlotte to play the Panthers, whenever that may be. I don't know how often you guys (or any other NFL team fan base) see so many newly acquired fans based on a single player being drafted. but if its not apparent a big part of Gamecock Nation now rep the Niner Nation! Happily and proudly at that!
The guy in the 49ers t-shirt is current starting center Jonathan Goodwin lol

Thanks. I did not know that. I believe the only 49er player I would probably recognize is the QB, CK. I'm sure I will learn more of them as I watch the 49ers for years to come. Does that appear to you as the 49er weight room? I wouldn't think Marcus would be allowed in there yet.

finally someone who isnt afraid to admit they hopped on a bandwagon
respect! lol
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Holy crap, I did too.

This guy is extremely benevolent and humble.
[ Edited by theduke85 on May 4, 2013 at 3:18 PM ]
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Wow the amount of SC fans we have gained is amazing.

Panthers must be viewed as North Carolina's team

They are and it is a very annoying fan base to be around. They entered the league in 95 playing in the Clemson Tigers stadium and you would of thought that would have brought a lot of SC fans on board. The city of Charlotte is owned by NASCAR not the Panthers. Jerry Richardson is a joke of an owner as well. I will say the last two games I went to Charlotte (07,10) they beat us. I can not stand their fans!
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
finally someone who isnt afraid to admit they hopped on a bandwagon
respect! lol

Not exactly true. I have pulled for the 49er's for years and definitely was pulling for them in the Super Bowl. I have just not followed NFL football as close as following my alma mater, USC. ( That is University of South Carolina ) I know a lot of people only think of USC as Southern Cal. But as many Gamecock fans are likely to say, South Carolina was a university long before California ever became a state and was playing football in the 1800's. Gamecocks first season was 1892. We just have nowhere near the storied program that USC west has.

From Wikipedia:
Early days of Carolina football
Carolina fielded its first football team in 1892 to play against Furman on Christmas Eve in Charleston. The football team was not sanctioned by the University and had to pay its own train fare as well as buy its own uniforms. They were nicknamed the "College Boys" by The News and Courier and their supporters wore garnet and black. The team lost the game because of their inexperience and lack of training.[1]

USC won its first game during the third season of the sport on November 2, 1895 against Columbia AA. The football team got its first head coach, W.H. "Dixie" Whaley, the following year, and the 1896 season also saw the inaugural game against arch-rival Clemson on November 12, which Carolina won 12–6. From 1902-03, coach C. R. Williams led the Gamecocks to an impressive 14-3 record, which included the program's first 8-win season. The Board of Trustees banned participation in football for the 1906 season after the faculty complained about the coarseness of chants yelled by the students at football games. However, the board was so harassed by petitions from the students and alumni that it voted to allow the resumption of the sport in 1907. A hastily assembled football team, coached by Board of Trustees member Douglas McKay, competed in an abbreviated season and won all three games it played.[2]

Interesting SC vs Clemson trivia for you SF folks

1902: The Fight

Today's rivalry is nothing compared to the old days. When USC dealt the Tigers the only blemish to their record with a 12-6 victory, it was the first time since 1896 the Gamecocks could celebrate.

USC students paraded a transparency of a Gamecock crowing over a Tiger around the city. Clemson followers demanded it not be displayed in the Elk's parade the next day, but USC fans defied the city law enforcement's recommendation that the banner be banned.

Following the parade, Clemson cadets marched to the Sumter Street entrance of the school with fixed bayonets and swords drawn. A small group of USC students armed with pistols and clubs crouched down behind a brick wall prepared to repel the invaders.

But Christie Benet, a Columbia attorney and USC assistant coach, acted as a spokesman and reportedly offered to fight any person selected by Clemson to settle the dispute. Police and faculty arrived before blood was shed, and six students were selected to arbitrate the dispute, the transparency was burned and both sides cheered. It was six years before the schools met again."

Sorry for the long post. It just shows how passionate Gamecock fans are about their football team.
1983 meeting between gamecocks and trojans:

lol
1983 meeting between gamecocks and trojans:

lol

I'm sure there was plenty of "ribbing" between the Trojans and the Cocks LOL

Carolina kids wearing Marcus Lattimore's jersey number, 21

Carolina kids wearing Marcus Lattimore's jersey number, 21

Now they are going to be confused and wonder why Frank Gore is wearing the number, lol.
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Holy crap, I did too.

This guy is extremely benevolent and humble.

Is that what that water was coming out of my eyes?

Seriously though, I am full on this bus. Where do I buy a jersey, want one right now!!!!

Another article, same stuff....he's great, he's humble, he's selfless, blah, blah, blah

http://www.adventureswithmarty.com/2012/10/thank-you-marcus-lattimore.html
[ Edited by RMuTT1981 on May 5, 2013 at 12:42 PM ]