There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
So much gamecock fans are coming here and telling us how special Lattimore is. I have never witnessed this with any other player. This guy is something special.

you dont remember all the Nate Davis fans who came in here and couldn't spell worth a damn?

Boot his gowing to be the Bist Cuarterbak Evar!!

Damn we really did come a far way, didn't we?
any GM that drafts a kid knowing in advance that he will need a pop-up playbook to understand left from right is a f**king moron
This pick kind of reminds me of the Gore pick...I remember not a lot of people really liking the Gore pick, I thought it was a steal because I'd seen him play and he was truly impressive. Gore too had an injury history, which is probably a big reason for the fall of his stock.

It also reminds me of the Tai Streets pick. I remember Walsh managed to get him in the 6th round after he'd injured his knee in a pickup game. He would have been 1st/2nd rounder if not for that injury.

If you have the luxury of depth and/or lots of picks, you can always go dumpster diving for hidden gems in the draft like that. The key is having patience and not always looking for instant gratification/impact...which a lot of teams tend to let affect their judgment.
Originally posted by kray28:
This pick kind of reminds me of the Gore pick...I remember not a lot of people really liking the Gore pick, I thought it was a steal because I'd seen him play and he was truly impressive. Gore too had an injury history, which is probably a big reason for the fall of his stock.

It also reminds me of the Tai Streets pick. I remember Walsh managed to get him in the 6th round after he'd injured his knee in a pickup game. He would have been 1st/2nd rounder if not for that injury.

If you have the luxury of depth and/or lots of picks, you can always go dumpster diving for hidden gems in the draft like that. The key is having patience and not always looking for instant gratification/impact...which a lot of teams tend to let affect their judgment.

This is definitely a luxury pick. We got the best RB in college football in the 4th round, all because we have zero need for him to have an impact right away. Gore has at least one or two more good years in him.
  • RY4N
  • Veteran
Hello Niner fans. I sure hope you guys aren't tired of us Gamecocks coming over here! I am probably repeating what others have said but you got a helluva player and person in Marcus Lattimore. I previously had no allegiance to any NFL team prior to the draft and I decided ever since Marcus announced he was forgoing his last year of eligibility at South Carolina to declare for the NFL Draft that whoever picked him would become the team I pull for. I was so glad it was the 49ers! I definitely had a short list of NFL teams that I wanted him to go to and I believe the 49er organization is possibly the most perfect situation I could have hoped for. A team with such a great history and tradition gained someone who will only further that legacy in Marcus Lattimore.

I was at the game where Marcus Lattimore played his unfortunate final down of South Carolina football. When the injury happened I had no idea how bad it was. My friend who was watching on TV texted me a couple minutes later and just said "Man... it's bad..." I hurt so much for Lattimore in that moment. Possibly one of the most moving things I've ever seen in sports happened when both benches cleared to go out to center field where Marcus was about to be carted off. This is a picture I took at the time:

I had never seen something like that before. It really gives you an idea of how much respect this guy receives, and the best part is that he is so humble about everything he does. One thing that you can be 110% sure of is that he is going to come in and work his a** off for you guys and get back to full health. He is already setting what doctors have called an "impossible" pace for his rehab. He is going to be the ideal team mate and one day I'm sure, a team leader. After his injury our state declared October 29th to be 'Marcus Lattimore Day." This comes a couple days after the injury and also coincides with his birthday.

Sorry for the lengthy post but I just wanted to do like many others have done and let you know what great value the 49ers received with a 4th round pick. I can GUARANTEE that as long as this guy wears a 49ers jersey, he will become one of your all-time favorite players over the next decade and do many great things for the San Francisco 49ers. Thanks and I hope to become an active member of the board. I hope you don't consider us (Gamecock fans, new 49er fans) any kind of bandwagoners. I'm already starting to like the feel of calling myself part of Niner Nation! Go Gamecocks & Go 49ers!
[ Edited by RY4N on Apr 30, 2013 at 1:56 PM ]
Cool info, thanks and welcome ^^^
Future consecutive winner of the Len Eshmont Award for sure.
Anyone know what number he will wear?? If 21 Isn't retired, I would vote for him having it!!
Any pics? Wallpaper material!!!! Fo sho
Originally posted by fortyniner52:
Anyone know what number he will wear?? If 21 Isn't retired, I would vote for him having it!!

Originally posted by RY4N:
Hello Niner fans. I sure hope you guys aren't tired of us Gamecocks coming over here! I am probably repeating what others have said but you got a helluva player and person in Marcus Lattimore. I previously had no allegiance to any NFL team prior to the draft and I decided ever since Marcus announced he was forgoing his last year of eligibility at South Carolina to declare for the NFL Draft that whoever picked him would become the team I pull for. I was so glad it was the 49ers! I definitely had a short list of NFL teams that I wanted him to go to and I believe the 49er organization is possibly the most perfect situation I could have hoped for. A team with such a great history and tradition gained someone who will only further that legacy in Marcus Lattimore.

I was at the game where Marcus Lattimore played his unfortunate final down of South Carolina football. When the injury happened I had no idea how bad it was. My friend who was watching on TV texted me a couple minutes later and just said "Man... it's bad..." I hurt so much for Lattimore in that moment. Possibly one of the most moving things I've ever seen in sports happened when both benches cleared to go out to center field where Marcus was about to be carted off. This is a picture I took at the time:

I had never seen something like that before. It really gives you an idea of how much respect this guy receives, and the best part is that he is so humble about everything he does. One thing that you can be 110% sure of is that he is going to come in and work his a** off for you guys and get back to full health. He is already setting what doctors have called an "impossible" pace for his rehab. He is going to be the ideal team mate and one day I'm sure, a team leader. After his injury our state declared October 29th to be 'Marcus Lattimore Day." This comes a couple days after the injury and also coincides with his birthday.

Sorry for the lengthy post but I just wanted to do like many others have done and let you know what great value the 49ers received with a 4th round pick. I can GUARANTEE that as long as this guy wears a 49ers jersey, he will become one of your all-time favorite players over the next decade and do many great things for the San Francisco 49ers. Thanks and I hope to become an active member of the board. I hope you don't consider us (Gamecock fans, new 49er fans) any kind of bandwagoners. I'm already starting to like the feel of calling myself part of Niner Nation! Go Gamecocks & Go 49ers!

Welcome aboard. You picked the right team and we picked the right RB!
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by fortyniner52:

Perfect! Shows Goldson that money doesn't buy rings!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Cool info, thanks and welcome ^^^

x2. That was a good post. Seeing all of these Gamecock fans come to the forums to describe Marcus has me pretty excited to have him as part of the team. I can't wait to see how he contributes.
From "Mind Blowing Stats after the Draft" on NFL.com:

Will Lattimore be better than Gore?

The similarities between Frank Gore and Marcus Lattimore are remarkable. Both suffered devastating knee injuries in college, and both were drafted by the 49ers. Their college numbers are even more remarkable. Gore played in a total of 28 games at Miami while Lattimore appeared in 29 at South Carolina. With only one more college game under his belt, Lattimore totaled 702 more rushing yards and 24 more total touchdowns than Frank Gore. Gore has produced six 1,000 yard seasons in the NFL. If the trends continue, what will be Lattimore's legacy be in the NFL?

Originally posted by Beeker:
From "Mind Blowing Stats after the Draft" on NFL.com:

Will Lattimore be better than Gore?

The similarities between Frank Gore and Marcus Lattimore are remarkable. Both suffered devastating knee injuries in college, and both were drafted by the 49ers. Their college numbers are even more remarkable. Gore played in a total of 28 games at Miami while Lattimore appeared in 29 at South Carolina. With only one more college game under his belt, Lattimore totaled 702 more rushing yards and 24 more total touchdowns than Frank Gore. Gore has produced six 1,000 yard seasons in the NFL. If the trends continue, what will be Lattimore's legacy be in the NFL?

Originally posted by RY4N:

Awesome post and welcome!!
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
as long as they dont Snub Gore the heart and soul of this team Im fine with this pick. If they start cutting Gore time THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY.