There are 171 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE is a 49er!

how bad was/is the injury?

I know we all look at Frank and become optimistic but is he in for serious rehab with a great chance of f**king himself up again?
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

I know we all look at Frank and become optimistic but is he in for serious rehab with a great chance of f**king himself up again?

blew out his knee... 3/4 of his ligaments.

he tore his acl in his other knee the year prior I believe too... similar injuries frank gire had
[ Edited by Garcia on Apr 27, 2013 at 11:43 PM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:

blew out his knee... all but one of his ligaments.

he blew out his other knee the year prior I believe too... similar injuries frank gire had
future recipient of robot legs, got it.

blew out his knee... 3/4 of his ligaments.

he tore his acl in his other knee the year prior I believe too... similar injuries frank gire had

Also medicine on these injurys has progressed dramaticly. Even since frank had his injurys.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran

you saw what Adrian Peterson did last year.

knee ligament tears are not as severe of injuries as they were.

Wes Welker, Tom Brady, Gore, and countless others come back just fine from knee injuries.
so we basically drafted the son of south carolina.

in my wrestling chant voice:

"This is Awesome! This is Awesome! This is Awesome!"

Wes Welker, Tom Brady, Gore, and countless others come back just fine from knee injuries.
while I agree, every person is different with injury, I just want the kid to be healthy before we throw him to the wolves

if we pup or ir him, Dixon might yet again make the roster by the skin of his teeth

while I agree, every person is different with injury, I just want the kid to be healthy before we throw him to the wolves

if we pup or ir him, Dixon might yet again make the roster by the skin of his teeth

I absolutely hope we PUP him. Wont count against the roster number. It would be benefitial for everyone. He gets a year to rest and we get an extra body on the roster.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

I absolutely hope we PUP him. Wont count against the roster number. It would be benefitial for everyone. He gets a year to rest and we get an extra body on the roster.

I do too... no need to rush him, but he is already running sprints.

what are the practice rules with the PUP? a full year away from football isn't a great thing
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
what are the practice rules with the PUP? a full year away from football isn't a great thing

not sure, but I think if he isn't active by the regular season he has to be out til week 6 or something like that... maybe week 8
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
was right:

A player who finishes the preseason still on the PUP list can then be placed on the regular-season PUP list. Such players must sit out the first six games their team plays. At that point, teams have a three-week window in which to allow the player to begin practicing; from the day the player begins practicing, teams have an additional three-week window in which to decide whether to activate the player to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, the player must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season
was right:

A player who finishes the preseason still on the PUP list can then be placed on the regular-season PUP list. Such players must sit out the first six games their team plays. At that point, teams have a three-week window in which to allow the player to begin practicing; from the day the player begins practicing, teams have an additional three-week window in which to decide whether to activate the player to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, the player must remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season

can he still practice if we pup him the whole year?

Never really thought about that. But its not like Lattimore will get fat and lazy. Although i agree it would be nice if could practice with the team.
was right:

can he still practice if we pup him the whole year?

From that sentence i would beleive no.