There are 163 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Patton doesn't appear to be very impressive.
Originally posted by Joecool:

LOL. Ok.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

we had a monster 4th round. how did Patton AND Lattimore fall to us??? i see two stars in the making
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

i assume you have pictures to prove this?
Patton chose #11. Going to be SO weird to see.

I admit, I didn't know s**t about this kid pre-draft. Sorry, but I don't get around to watching too many Louisiana Tech games... But, from the highlights (which are supposed to be his best plays) I somewhat agree with JC. Maybe I'm missing something?

He just looks okay. He doesn't seem that fast, explosive, etc. And, relative to NFL standards, his size is average.
Originally posted by sacniner:

I admit, I didn't know s**t about this kid pre-draft. Sorry, but I don't get around to watching too many Louisiana Tech games... But, from the highlights (which are supposed to be his best plays) I somewhat agree with JC. Maybe I'm missing something?

He just looks okay. He doesn't seem that fast, explosive, etc. And, relative to NFL standards, his size is average.

I only watched the Texas A&M game. He had a big day, but I didn't find it as impressive as the numbers thought. It was hard to evaluate his ability to translate to the NFL, because a lot of his catches were just screens and sitting in the zone where he was left wide open because it was such a blowout.
Originally posted by dhp318:

I only watched the Texas A&M game. He had a big day, but I didn't find it as impressive as the numbers thought. It was hard to evaluate his ability to translate to the NFL, because a lot of his catches were just screens and sitting in the zone where he was left wide open because it was such a blowout.
his routes look super clean tho. thats huge and he doesnt drop anything

Originally posted by Whomeam:

Im not sure Phil Jennings will be very happy that his number wasnt retired.

You don't have to follow the Tech games to know anything about this kid. A quick search for WR stats would have QP in the top-5 of most receiving stats all season, as well as a Biletnikoff award semi-finalist.

If you knew nothing about him pre-draft, it surely was not because he wasn't good enough, it was because you did not do your research.
Originally posted by SaintDawg:
You don't have to follow the Tech games to know anything about this kid. A quick search for WR stats would have QP in the top-5 of most receiving stats all season, as well as a Biletnikoff award semi-finalist.

If you knew nothing about him pre-draft, it surely was not because he wasn't good enough, it was because you did not do your research.

Well, you are a biased guy judging from your handle. I'm willing to bet that this is a La Tech is a somewhat local team for you? I never claimed to be a draft, or college football guru. For the normal NFL fan in California, Patton was an unknown.

P.S. F**k the Aint's
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Whomeam:

Here's an image to help the transition for you...

Well, you are a biased guy judging from your handle. I'm willing to bet that this is a La Tech is a somewhat local team for you? I never claimed to be a draft, or college football guru. For the normal NFL fan in California, Patton was an unknown.

P.S. F**k the Aint's

You would be absolutely correct. I was born, raised, and currently live in LA and am an alumni of Louisiana Tech. I do not claim to not have a bias.

You just claimed that you knew nothing about him pre-draft because you didn't watch the games. All I said was that any basic research into NCAA receivers would have told you all you need to know about him. And from a lot of the previous posts, there are a lot of normal NFL fans in California who knew enough about him.

Not here to stir up sh*t with you niner fans, just giving you guys some confidence that the staff in SF made a great pick. You will see.
[ Edited by SaintDawg on Apr 29, 2013 at 12:25 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone