There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

• Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Really has high hopes for this kid. At this point he will be buried under Boldin, Ham, and Baldwin making him a non factor. That #2 spot was wide open for him to take...s**tty luck.

Baldwin has done exactly what up to this point to earn a spot over him? I think Patton will get back into the mix with Manningham and Boldin, as the passing offense opens up, he should be a guy to make some big plays for this team down the stretch.

Baldwin has as many catches as Patton has games played this season. What has Patton done to to earn a spot over Baldwin?
Originally posted by Ether:
Really has high hopes for this kid. At this point he will be buried under Boldin, Ham, and Baldwin making him a non factor. That #2 spot was wide open for him to take...s**tty luck.

Baldwin has done exactly what up to this point to earn a spot over him? I think Patton will get back into the mix with Manningham and Boldin, as the passing offense opens up, he should be a guy to make some big plays for this team down the stretch.

Baldwin has as many catches as Patton has games played this season. What has Patton done to to earn a spot over Baldwin?

So basically the 4th receiver spot (which is the last spot that truly matters as a receiver) is up for grabs. May the best man win.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
So basically the 4th receiver spot (which is the last spot that truly matters as a receiver) is up for grabs. May the best man win.

Unfortunately Baldwin is not being given the opportunity to succeed. He gets the ball thrown to him maybe 2 to 3 times a game and he is open with consistency. I don't know if it's a scheme issue or a trust issue between him and Kap but we need to get Baldwin more involved.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

This! Since we aren't at practices we have no idea what the coaches are viewing to make this decision.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Oct 20, 2013 at 7:28 AM ]
Originally posted by Ether:

Well, he was ahead of him on the depth chart before he went down with injury and Baldwin has done jack s**t to support being put in front of Patton. I'm guessing when Patton returns, both Williams and Baldwin are getting bumped down a slot.

Simple, he's practiced with the O for weeks. And Baldwin should be the #2 right now anyways.

Simple, he's practiced with the O for weeks. And Baldwin should be the #2 right now anyways.

You guys are arguing over apples and oranges. Baldwin has the potential to contribute on the outside, Patton has the potential to be a baller as a slot guy and contribute against smaller CBs on the outside. They have both showed glimpses but neither one has been consistent in an actual NFL game when it counts. We will need them both come january, especially if Crabtree is slow to regain his form.
What's up with this dude? Should have been contributing by now. Especially with these strong wins.
[ Edited by Joecool on Oct 28, 2013 at 1:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
What's up with this dude? Should have been contributing by now. Especially with these strong wins.

Really? He's injured....
I have a feeling of Patton being headed to IR in the next week or so. Its hard to make these decisions on the roster when you have these talented players at the position and Baldwin has shown that he can contribute. Moore for sure is gone but other than that, i cant see the team just releasing one guy (no matter who else you mention) when they can hold over the new guy at the bottom of the depth chart for next season.

I like Patton and think he's a talent but unseating Baldwin or Williams, I don't think he will be given the chance this year since those guys have more experience.
Originally posted by TTown9ers:

Really? He's injured....
broken foot is no excuse! cut him.

Really? He's injured....

excuses...
Patton on IR makes sense, saves us a roster spot and we can save one more player that we dont want to cut
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Really? He's injured....
broken foot is no excuse! cut him.

look i like the kid a lot but what exactly did he do in the three weeks before he broke his foot?