There are 46 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Originally posted by 49erWay:
He's injured and out. I really had high hopes for him like everybody. Time to shift our attention elsewhere and focus on answers.

another 49er wr that the fan base had high hopes for and does nothing on game day
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
He's injured and out. I really had high hopes for him like everybody. Time to shift our attention elsewhere and focus on answers.

another 49er wr that the fan base had high hopes for and does nothing on game day

lol its 4 games into his career
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

he dropped a pass doe
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

he dropped a pass doe

Injury prone AND drops passes...CUT HIS ASS NOW!

LOL, this. f**king spazzes.

So sad...such a short career! LOL!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Oct 2, 2013 at 3:18 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

So sad...such a short career! LOL!

meh he sucked anyways.

A lot of receivers will do nothing with our game plan. And have. Compare that to, say, Manning/Denver or Rogers/Green Bay who get production out of no names.

Consistently.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

A lot of receivers will do nothing with our game plan. And have. Compare that to, say, Manning/Denver or Rogers/Green Bay who get production out of no names.

Consistently.

This. We need a new WR coach. Possibly a new QB coach, even with Alex a vet i did not see the pump fakes, the foot work of someone trying to be elite. I will give QB coach some time with Kap, but overall the QB coach supposedly installs a lot of the pasisng game, at least Harbs has said Geep's influence is such. I see many route trees where all the players are deep, no route progression, and on some all the receivers run right towards each other, we will have 3 or 4 guys heading on deep ins drawing all the defense into a bunch.

Consistently.

O Rly?

I didn't know Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Wes Welker, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, James Jones, and Greg Jennings were no name WRs. Oh wait, they're not. Most of them were 1st and 2nd round draft picks. Jones was a 3rd. New England traded a 2nd to get Welker from Miami. All these guys were highly regarded.

You need quality WRs to help a quality QB. It's not rocket science.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
O Rly?

I didn't know Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Wes Welker, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, James Jones, and Greg Jennings were no name WRs. Oh wait, they're not. Most of them were 1st and 2nd round draft picks. Jones was a 3rd. New England traded a 2nd to get Welker from Miami. All these guys were highly regarded.

Really? Plenty of first second round washouts in the NFL (i.e. Jenkins/Baldwin ....etc).

Well, lets take a look at the stats of say Thomas:
http://www.nfl.com/player/demaryiusthomas/497328/careerstats

Can you guess the year Peyton came to town? Not hard to spot.

How about Eric Decker?

http://www.nfl.com/player/ericdecker/497284/careerstats

His production doubled.

As far as the cheeseheads go, I can tell you that there is not one in your list that was with another team, or acquired from another organization. Only jennings has left, this year. That's it. No mvement from other clubs at all. Obviously, that's the kind of chemistry that is needed to build a deft passing attack. I think that shows something about the differences in coaching philosophy between McCarthy and what we have shown so far.
O Rly?

Really? Plenty of first second round washouts in the NFL (i.e. Jenkins/Baldwin ....etc).

Well, lets take a look at the stats of say Thomas:
http://www.nfl.com/player/demaryiusthomas/497328/careerstats

Can you guess the year Peyton came to town? Not hard to spot.

How about Eric Decker?

http://www.nfl.com/player/ericdecker/497284/careerstats

His production doubled.

As far as the cheeseheads go, I can tell you that there is not one in your list that was with another team, or acquired from another organization. Only jennings has left, this year. That's it. No mvement from other clubs at all. Obviously, that's the kind of chemistry that is needed to build a deft passing attack. I think that shows something about the differences in coaching philosophy between McCarthy and what we have shown so far.

You miss the point. You need a good QB AND good WRs.

Of course their production increased with better QB play. That doesn't mean they were no names before that, because they clearly weren't. Talent is talent. Manning and Rodgers are great, but if you replace their receivers with street FAs, there will be struggles.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Oct 2, 2013 at 7:16 PM ]
You miss the point. You need a good QB AND good WRs.

Of course their production increased with better QB play. That doesn't mean they were no names before that, because they clearly weren't. Manning and Rodgers are great, but if you replace their receivers with street FAs, there will be struggles.

I'm not missing any point. The system makes the players. Manning brings his own highly effective system. Rogers/McCarthy have their own system And it involves training players to do the things they need to be successful, and selecting the routes they need to be successful at the line. Physical capability is only part of that. We whine about how we have dirtbags who can't catch a ball, but we put our players in sh*tty positions to make an easy play.

Look, it;s obvious. Eric Decker? Demarius Thomas? These guys are just just some time stars without Mannings smarts and schoolyard savvy. Of course they are physical, but he is teaching them what they need to do to beat raw corners, and directing them to do so at the line.

I thought what Manning did to the Philly backfield last week was plain illegal. In at least 18 states. He's the man. He's doing it with 1/2 an arm. Hats off.

Point is, knowing what your doing is a very important part of success in the air. The niners have proven that for many years. Not necessarily this year
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Oct 2, 2013 at 7:21 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Even on the bench, he shines...
Any word on his healing? Any time that they expect him back?