There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners tried to cut a deal trading draft picks for a receiver. They've already got a boatload of them in next year's draft. The obvious possibility would be trading for either Josh Gordon or Greg Little of the Browns. The Browns reportedly are open to trade offers for those guys. They're both big with pretty good speed. Neither one is a speed burner, but they could be productive.

Gordon ran a flat 4.5 at his pro day with a messed up hammy. He was timed in the 4.3s and 4.4s at Baylor and Utah. I seriously think we need to ship LMJ and 3rd to them for Gordon.

I loved the LMJ pick but I thought it was more of an attempt to get a quicker version of Hunter and a "kid in the candy store" reaction to knowing what they had with Kaepernick waiting in the wings.

my point is we don't know how long we'll have Boldin and Mario is a FA after the year and I think we should load up on as much potential as we can.
[ Edited by sfout on Sep 27, 2013 at 3:07 PM ]
Son of a b***h!
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners tried to cut a deal trading draft picks for a receiver. They've already got a boatload of them in next year's draft. The obvious possibility would be trading for either Josh Gordon or Greg Little of the Browns. The Browns reportedly are open to trade offers for those guys. They're both big with pretty good speed. Neither one is a speed burner, but they could be productive.

Gordon ran a flat 4.5 at his pro day with a messed up hammy. He was timed in the 4.3s and 4.4s at Baylor and Utah. I seriously think we need to ship LMJ and 3rd to them for Gordon.

I loved the LMJ pick but I thought it was more of an attempt to get a quicker version of Hunter and a "kid in the candy store" reaction to knowing what they had with Kaepernick waiting in the wings.

i think that's a lil expensive. i was thinking LMJ + 6th. remember, Gordon is one drug offense away from a 1 yr ban from the NFL
How about moving Chuck Jacobs from the practice squad to the 53? He looked really good in preseason.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sdcindy:
How about moving Chuck Jacobs from the practice squad to the 53? He looked really good in preseason.

only if BJ was starting.
Austin Collie is still available. He should be in the building 5 minutes ago.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Not a big loss, wasn't like he was doing anything. Baldwin should fill in nicely.

Yep.
How long does a fractured foot take to heal?
damnit another receiver down. what the hell is going on?!?!?!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Not a big loss, wasn't like he was doing anything. Baldwin should fill in nicely.

Yep.

Agree. Baldwin's time to step up.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
How long does a fractured foot take to heal?

Ill send him some deer antler spray and he wont even miss a game
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
i think that's a lil expensive. i was thinking LMJ + 6th. remember, Gordon is one drug offense away from a 1 yr ban from the NFL

Whatever works. Im hesitant to believe that LMJ will see the field with Lattimore, Hunter and still possibly Gore on the roster next season.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Yep.

He was never given the chance though. Patton had the ability to break one if given opportunities, that were given to a 5th WR by the name of Kyle Williams. This sucks for us. Still 4 or so weeks till Mario can come back. We need to make some move, Hawkins or Collie please.
Originally posted by sdcindy:

Jacobs is a scrub. He looked good against guys who aren't in the league.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by boast:

Whatever works. Im hesitant to believe that LMJ will see the field with Lattimore, Hunter and still possibly Gore on the roster next season.

1. Gordon trade will have to involve a 2nd or 3rd to get him, maybe 1st. The Browns may be wanting to trade, but they wont go below market value. They will be willing to wait till offseason to make a deal. So LMJ and a 6th will never get it done.

2. LMJ wont see field like you said in 2014. Gore, Hunter and Lattimore will all see more playing time, and should.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home