LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
i think that's a lil expensive. i was thinking LMJ + 6th. remember, Gordon is one drug offense away from a 1 yr ban from the NFL

Whatever works. Im hesitant to believe that LMJ will see the field with Lattimore, Hunter and still possibly Gore on the roster next season.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Not a big loss, wasn't like he was doing anything. Baldwin should fill in nicely.

Yep.

He was never given the chance though. Patton had the ability to break one if given opportunities, that were given to a 5th WR by the name of Kyle Williams. This sucks for us. Still 4 or so weeks till Mario can come back. We need to make some move, Hawkins or Collie please.
Originally posted by sdcindy:
How about moving Chuck Jacobs from the practice squad to the 53? He looked really good in preseason.

Jacobs is a scrub. He looked good against guys who aren't in the league.
Originally posted by sfout:
i think that's a lil expensive. i was thinking LMJ + 6th. remember, Gordon is one drug offense away from a 1 yr ban from the NFL

Whatever works. Im hesitant to believe that LMJ will see the field with Lattimore, Hunter and still possibly Gore on the roster next season.

1. Gordon trade will have to involve a 2nd or 3rd to get him, maybe 1st. The Browns may be wanting to trade, but they wont go below market value. They will be willing to wait till offseason to make a deal. So LMJ and a 6th will never get it done.

2. LMJ wont see field like you said in 2014. Gore, Hunter and Lattimore will all see more playing time, and should.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Son of a b***h!

This. f**k
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
He was never given the chance though. Patton had the ability to break one if given opportunities, that were given to a 5th WR by the name of Kyle Williams. This sucks for us. Still 4 or so weeks till Mario can come back. We need to make some move, Hawkins or Collie please.

I think Patton can benefit more when Crabs and Mario come back.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

1. Gordon trade will have to involve a 2nd or 3rd to get him, maybe 1st. The Browns may be wanting to trade, but they wont go below market value. They will be willing to wait till offseason to make a deal. So LMJ and a 6th will never get it done.

2. LMJ wont see field like you said in 2014. Gore, Hunter and Lattimore will all see more playing time, and should.

his off the field troubles will limit his value tho. one more failed drug test and he's gone for a year.
Also Browns said they arent trading any of their WRs

Yeah, Browns were just seeing what offers they could get. They won and Gordon lit it up so made it even less likely he gets traded. People are thinking they are going to give their players away when really they are 1 game back of the division and have some good young talent on their team. Would be easier to trade when towards the deadline in week 8? if they are out of the race but by then we should be close to getting Manningham back and might not need him as much then. Yeah next year Gore, Lattimore/Hunter will get most of the carries. LMJ will be returner if lucky and change of pace guy once in awhile. He will be barely holding on. However, after 2014's season Hunter and Gore are FAs so in 2015 he could get a lot more time and be back at #3 RB.

And some of the FA's out there will cost more than the 1.3 mil or so we have left on the cap. If we aren't happy with our guys Hawkins seems like the most likely. Others out there Breaston, Devery Henderson, Massaqoui, Laurent Robinson (concussions though), Collie, Doucet, Barden, Aromoushadau, Armstrong, etc. I think we stick with what we have and if we would make a change Hawkins would have the best shot.

A couple things against Britt: 1. He is a free agent after this year so he would likely be a 3/4 year rental. 2. Isn't familiar with our system, doesn't have a head start like Hawkins so might not be able to contribute for awhile. 3. Doesn't play ST 4. often in trouble 5. often injured
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 27, 2013 at 3:22 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:
Also Browns said they arent trading any of their WRs

what do you expect them to say.

his off the field troubles will limit his value tho. one more failed drug test and he's gone for a year.

Plus Chud told Gordon they were not going to trade him this week. So that ship has probably sailed.

Kenny Britt, on the other hand, could be had and could be cheaper.
This team has been f**ked up by WR injuries 3 years in a row now. Make it stop!
Couldn't we get Josh Gordon for a 3rd rounder? He's like one more f**k up from being suspended for a year, so even though he's very talented his value shouldn't be all that high.
Not again...sigh
**** again. Just when the WR corp looked like it might develop a solid 3, we have to wait. Get well fast young man, this team needs you.
Share 49ersWebzone