LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 195 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by susweel:
they need to cut Osgood and bring back Hawkins.

Too late, the receiver-needy Patriots already did that...

Oh, wait.
on the injury side you win some and lose some, we lost on patton and won on staley.
Not a big loss, wasn't like he was doing anything. Baldwin should fill in nicely.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Man, can't catch a break with injuries. Just have to hold on until Manningham is back and hope like hell he is somewhat back to his pre-injury self. For now Boldin, Baldwin, Williams, Moore. If we plan on keeping Harper at WR maybe he gets active one of these games. Well the good news is guys who would normally be inactive will start to be active. After week 6 I think we will have Manningham and Crabtree on the roster so they could be inactive each game until better. Same with Patton until he is ready to go. We used our IR-Designated to Return for Moody. So with Patton out Marecic or Harper could be active.

jreff, If Boldin and Manningham aren't back I'd have no problem drafting 2 WRs by the 3rd round.
Something like: 1.CB/WR 2.SS 2.CB/WR (whatever not in first) 3.WR 3.CB 3.C/T/DL (Goldson Comp?) So double dip at CB and WR (if Boldin, Manningham, Brown, Rogers not back). SS if Whitner not back. Then after that C to compete with Kilgore if need be otherwise DL depth/OL depth

Unless Rio is healthy enough to practice I don't think we activate him until week 9 after our bye week. I expect Crabtree to be activated on the deadline in week 12 to be ready for the final few games and playoffs.

I'm not sure on the rule. I thought you have to activate the player after week 6 or send them to IR. Or do you have like 2-3 weeks to decide and they don't count on the roster? I agree though seems like week 10 after the bye seems like when we will get most of our players back that will be coming back this year. Should have Willis and Asomugha for sure... will have Wright if we want him, should have Aldon, Moody, maybe Patton, maybe Carradine and/or Dial, Manningham, working on Crabtree. Just have to hold out and hang on until then.

As for options out there if we aren't happy with Boldin, Baldwin, Williams, Moore, Osgood, Harper.... Hawkins (familiar with system a bit), Little (although drops/seperation issues), Gordon (would probably take 1st or 2nd/extra). Other than that not a whole lot out there in free agency that are willing to work for 1 mil or less which is about all we have on the cap.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 27, 2013 at 3:00 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners tried to cut a deal trading draft picks for a receiver. They've already got a boatload of them in next year's draft. The obvious possibility would be trading for either Josh Gordon or Greg Little of the Browns. The Browns reportedly are open to trade offers for those guys. They're both big with pretty good speed. Neither one is a speed burner, but they could be productive.

Gordon ran a flat 4.5 at his pro day with a messed up hammy. He was timed in the 4.3s and 4.4s at Baylor and Utah. I seriously think we need to ship LMJ and 3rd to them for Gordon.

I loved the LMJ pick but I thought it was more of an attempt to get a quicker version of Hunter and a "kid in the candy store" reaction to knowing what they had with Kaepernick waiting in the wings.

my point is we don't know how long we'll have Boldin and Mario is a FA after the year and I think we should load up on as much potential as we can.
[ Edited by sfout on Sep 27, 2013 at 3:07 PM ]
Son of a b***h!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners tried to cut a deal trading draft picks for a receiver. They've already got a boatload of them in next year's draft. The obvious possibility would be trading for either Josh Gordon or Greg Little of the Browns. The Browns reportedly are open to trade offers for those guys. They're both big with pretty good speed. Neither one is a speed burner, but they could be productive.

Gordon ran a flat 4.5 at his pro day with a messed up hammy. He was timed in the 4.3s and 4.4s at Baylor and Utah. I seriously think we need to ship LMJ and 3rd to them for Gordon.

I loved the LMJ pick but I thought it was more of an attempt to get a quicker version of Hunter and a "kid in the candy store" reaction to knowing what they had with Kaepernick waiting in the wings.

i think that's a lil expensive. i was thinking LMJ + 6th. remember, Gordon is one drug offense away from a 1 yr ban from the NFL
How about moving Chuck Jacobs from the practice squad to the 53? He looked really good in preseason.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by sdcindy:
How about moving Chuck Jacobs from the practice squad to the 53? He looked really good in preseason.

only if BJ was starting.
Austin Collie is still available. He should be in the building 5 minutes ago.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Not a big loss, wasn't like he was doing anything. Baldwin should fill in nicely.

Yep.
How long does a fractured foot take to heal?
damnit another receiver down. what the hell is going on?!?!?!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Yep.

Agree. Baldwin's time to step up.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
How long does a fractured foot take to heal?

Ill send him some deer antler spray and he wont even miss a game
Share 49ersWebzone