LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by boast:

Good. I think he can have some success against the bigger DBs of SEA. He is shifty and its hard to get hands on em.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
do dat dance

I want to see Patton vs Sherman. Either Sherm locks him down (like I expect he can do with any WR on our team) or Patton embarrasses him. Either way, its good practice for Patton. After going against Sherman in week 2, every other corner for the rest of the year should be cake.
Originally posted by boast:

The Seahawks are definitely going to take away Boldin, and try to minimize Davis' production. So that leaves us with Williams, Moore & Patton to step up.

I could see Harbaugh using Patton in some plays designed especially for him, we'll see though.
patton is the best slot wr we have right now outside of boldin

kyle williams is better on the outside, he's not the wr who is good at finding the zone in the defense and getting open, tha'ts a skill required of a slot wr and patton has that skill
Originally posted by iLL49er:
patton is the best wr we have right now outside of boldin
Fixed
McDonald needs to have a breakout game this week!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
The Seahawks are definitely going to take away Boldin, and try to minimize Davis' production. So that leaves us with Williams, Moore & Patton to step up.

I could see Harbaugh using Patton in some plays designed especially for him, we'll see though.

no screens please. Earl Thomas is too smart for that s**t.

Hmm. So will they then also spy Kap? I don't think they have enough guys.

If they single Boldin and VD AND keep a dude in to contain/spy Kap, we win.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

no screens please. Earl Thomas is too smart for that s**t.

Have to run the screens AND block Earl Thomas.

• Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Yeah, I never understand when people say stuff like this. Teams try to "take away" Megatron, Brandon Marshall, Gronkowski, Graham, Welker, and those guys still get their catches every year and just about every game. All offseason we heard teams were going to "take away" the read option by hitting Kaepernick every play. It's not as simple as typing that stuff up on the internet and poof it happens. So they double or triple team Boldin. What happens to Kaep, Gore/Hunter, Davis, McDonald, Patton/Williams, and Miller? Our offense is the most diverse in the league and we've got playmakers at every position. There's no way to completely take one of them out of the game without allowing a different player to thrash the defense. Again, even players like Brandon Marshall, who is pretty much the only offensive weapon the Bears have, gets doubled and tripled every game yet almost never gets shut down.

Not only that, but Boldin is a guy whose entire career was built around being tough and making the catches when he's covered.
I. Beleave patton is our best reciever besides boldin he shows commitment runs good routs and fights for the ball even last game when he ran that slant and got leveld he was still reaching for the ball he has heart in the seahawks game he was shovin the db the db picked him up and threw he got right back up and called for the ball Iwould like to see him get used more in this offense and less kw
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Yeah, I never understand when people say stuff like this. Teams try to "take away" Megatron, Brandon Marshall, Gronkowski, Graham, Welker, and those guys still get their catches every year and just about every game. All offseason we heard teams were going to "take away" the read option by hitting Kaepernick every play. It's not as simple as typing that stuff up on the internet and poof it happens. So they double or triple team Boldin. What happens to Kaep, Gore/Hunter, Davis, McDonald, Patton/Williams, and Miller? Our offense is the most diverse in the league and we've got playmakers at every position. There's no way to completely take one of them out of the game without allowing a different player to thrash the defense. Again, even players like Brandon Marshall, who is pretty much the only offensive weapon the Bears have, gets doubled and tripled every game yet almost never gets shut down.

Not only that, but Boldin is a guy whose entire career was built around being tough and making the catches when he's covered.

Can't take away Boldin huh? 1 catch for 7 yards vs Seattle

I guess you're right...
Waiting
C'mon 7-11 connection!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone