There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

I believe he was only in for 2-3 snaps. He did hold his block nicely on Hunters long run, but in terms of running routes I think he may have been on only one pass play that I can remember.
Originally posted by hohbie:
I believe he was only in for 2-3 snaps. He did hold his block nicely on Hunters long run, but in terms of running routes I think he may have been on only one pass play that I can remember.

The DB backed up 10 yards after the ball was hiked and was the one that made the tackle. I was actually disappointed with his block, his DB was the only one between Hunter and a TD.
Really want to see Patton catching the ball! He is a good bet to help Boldin avoid double teams because he can get open and catch balls anywhere around him. Similar to Boldin but not as strong.
If I was a betting man I would say we'll see more Patton this week and a little less Boldin. I'm nervous about putting our top receivers on that field.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Originally posted by hohbie:

The DB backed up 10 yards after the ball was hiked and was the one that made the tackle. I was actually disappointed with his block, his DB was the only one between Hunter and a TD.
Yeah I just went back and looked at it. You are right he was about ten yards away from the line of scrimmage. Patton did do a good job of forcing him back though, nothing special. Took him to the sideline where he did make the play, but if he didnt the safety was there anyway, so I dont think it was a bad block by any means.
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
If I was a betting man I would say we'll see more Patton this week and a little less Boldin. I'm nervous about putting our top receivers on that field.

Nervous? WFT? Richard Sherman is going to get b***h slapped by Boldin.

I do think we will see a little more of Patton and Williams, but it won't be because of anybody being nervous to put Boldin on the field.
JH just doesnt give rookies tons of snaps. Just the way he is. We hear about it all camp how well their doing but come gametime and after when you see the boxscore, our rookies rarely play. Its been that way for 3 years now. its actually the same in Seattle, all this Christine Michael talk and the guy barely saw the field. JH believes we are deep, hes not giving the guys a ton of snaps. I for one would like to see Patton, i dont think the game is to big for him
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
JH just doesnt give rookies tons of snaps. Just the way he is. We hear about it all camp how well their doing but come gametime and after when you see the boxscore, our rookies rarely play. Its been that way for 3 years now. its actually the same in Seattle, all this Christine Michael talk and the guy barely saw the field. JH believes we are deep, hes not giving the guys a ton of snaps. I for one would like to see Patton, i dont think the game is to big for him

He's only been catching the football for two weeks. Just the fact that they activated him for the game say's a lot about our confidence in him. He'll be a big factor by week 6.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:

He's only been catching the football for two weeks. Just the fact that they activated him for the game say's a lot about our confidence in him. He'll be a big factor by week 6.

He'll get his chance. And, I'm excited to see if the kid has it in the reg. season. Also, Boldin... he's going to take A LOT of focus away from who ever the other WR is going to be.

The story is going to be staying a step ahead. Ok, now teams are going to look at containing Boldin... what hole will that open and what Niner will fill it? Can't wait

Let the WACK-A-MOLE begin!
We going to make SEA go to their nickel CB and beat them with Patton and McDonald.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by boast:

Good. I think he can have some success against the bigger DBs of SEA. He is shifty and its hard to get hands on em.
do dat dance

Member Milestone: This is post number 400 for xela510.
I want to see Patton vs Sherman. Either Sherm locks him down (like I expect he can do with any WR on our team) or Patton embarrasses him. Either way, its good practice for Patton. After going against Sherman in week 2, every other corner for the rest of the year should be cake.
Originally posted by boast:

The Seahawks are definitely going to take away Boldin, and try to minimize Davis' production. So that leaves us with Williams, Moore & Patton to step up.

I could see Harbaugh using Patton in some plays designed especially for him, we'll see though.