There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Originally posted by Schulzy:
Reminds me a little of Pierre Garcon. Similar size too. Patton's bigger than Cruz.

Reggie Wayne bro....think Reggie Wayne, so many similarities its nuts. If Patton could have a career like Wayne has had,. the pick would be well worth it 100 times over.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Reggie Wayne bro....think Reggie Wayne, so many similarities its nuts. If Patton could have a career like Wayne has had,. the pick would be well worth it 100 times over.

I like that comparison more all the time. Body control, smoothness, route running, quickness in and out of breaks, reliable hands, catches the ball away from his body...
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
I like that comparison more all the time. Body control, smoothness, route running, quickness in and out of breaks, reliable hands, catches the ball away from his body...

The one thing that always stuck out at me, from the very first time I saw him play is that the dude just glides across the football field, you watch some other receivers and they look herky jerky, don't move into their cuts cleanly but Patton has always looked really graceful, no wasted motion whatsoever, that is what reminds me of Reggie Wayne the most. If you want to go way back in the day....James Lofton of the Packers is another guy that Patton reminds me of. Just those smooth movements and transitions, ultimately creating separation from the defensive back who doesn't have the benefit of knowing where the route is going.

Patton's certainly not the fastest, but once he hits top speed, he doesn't seem to slow down, even moving in his cuts, probably the main factor why I thought he could be successful in the NFL, that and his crazy "run through walls" work ethic.
Three words:

f**k AJ Jenkins.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Three words:

f**k AJ Jenkins.

Three more words,

get over it.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/172997-maddogs-2013-nfl-draft-review/

C+ for Lemonier? El wrongo.

Yeah, but he did give an A for the Patton pick. May have been spot on there.
I am loving what I see from Patton so far. Dude could be our #2 WR until Crabtree comes back.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Three words:

f**k AJ Jenkins.

Three more words,

get over it.

Three more, no 1 curr.
Reggie Wayne is a borderline hall of famer. If Patton has a career like that it would probably be the biggest steal of the draft. Not too mention if Lattimore returns healthy and plays to his potential. Our FOURTH round was better than most teams first and second rounds.
Three words:

f**k AJ Jenkins.

Three more words,

get over it.

Three more words:

What's your deal?

7-11
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

That's a real good comparison. He has a long leg/short torso type build, and has long 32 7/8" arms. Covers way more ground than you might think, decisively fast. As a matter of fact I think just about all of our draft picks have long arms. I really like this kid, and I'm glad I've begun collecting his auto rookie cards already. It's a shame I can't find any of BJ Daniels, not one card. He just might be one of the QBs out of this draft.
[ Edited by Albinorhino49 on Aug 31, 2013 at 2:31 AM ]
His draft profile on NFL.com also makes the Reggie Wayne comparison:

NFL COMPARISON Reggie Wayne

BOTTOM LINE A first-team All-WAC pick in 2011 and 2012, Patton accumulated 2,544 yards and 24 touchdowns in his career with the Bulldogs after transferring from Coffeyville Community College. He's an acrobat along the sideline and a vertical stem threat much, but needs to improve attacking the ball when contested. In his two seasons starting, however, he has showing NFL teams paying close attention that he possesses the hands, route-running skills, and toughness to be a top-64 pick -– and, eventually, a very good starter.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

7-11

It was meant to be.
Three more words,

get over it.

all of the asspain

aj jenkins, first round bust
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home