LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
If I had to come up with a nickname for Patton it would be Smooth!

#11 Alex Smooth
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
this dudes name is kinda hard to say.
Patton is just exciting to watch.
  • thl408
He's come up with a first down conversion or TD each time Kap has thrown him the ball. Was the CB he juked out the same one that Moore juked out on the same kind of bubble screen play? If so, that CB sucks, on top of Moore and Patton being good.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
Easy ones come to mind like...The General, General Patton or General Q, but we may have to think outside the box..General Patton's nickname was Old Blood and Guts....would be good if he was a LB. What do you guys think?

One of my uncles commanded a tank under General Patton.
He could not stand General Patton.
My uncle said, " It was our blood and guts that got given."

Guess what. I do not like the nickname.

The popular saying about him was "it was our blood and his guts" he got the job done though he was kinda crazy.
So Patton will be the kick returner during the regular season? Wasn't expecting that.
Originally posted by 49ersss:
So Patton will be the kick returner during the regular season? Wasn't expecting that.

The best way to get a new guy conditioned to the game is to give him all the reps you can, in whatever form they might take. So working in the slot, handling kicks, all that...yeah, it makes sense.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by 49ersss:

The best way to get a new guy conditioned to the game is to give him all the reps you can, in whatever form they might take. So working in the slot, handling kicks, all that...yeah, it makes sense.
Just don't get hurt. Dude can make impact at WR
great, now patton will fumble and everyone will start to hate him and turn on him like they did with kyle
Originally posted by NinerPride365:
QP works.....

GQ

Smooth

GQ Smooth

Anyway, all that aside, this guy is FUN to watch and he is having the time of his life which I think is infectious and will resonate with and galvanize the rest ot the offense, IMO. I loved the pick in April, and now I'm smitten. Nice job Harbaalke! And Quinton, sorry man, but don't wait by the phone for Dancing with the Stars phone call.... ;)

His nickname is The General.............

I don't know what his combine 40 time is or whatever, but he's got football speed. It's like his feel and instinct for the game makes him seem faster than he actually is. Like a certain HOFer with the initials JR. (I know, there's no comparison just yet.)
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I don't know what his combine 40 time is or whatever, but he's got football speed. It's like his feel and instinct for the game makes him seem faster than he actually is. Like a certain HOFer with the initials JR. (I know, there's no comparison just yet.)

I stated this last year.

Jerry Rice-Athletically unimpressive prospect from a small southern college.

Terrell Owens-Athletically unimpressive prospect from a small southern college.

Quinton Patton-Athletically unimpressive prospect from a small southern college.

Yeah that just happened.

Not saying anything, I'm just saying.......how cool would it be if he became a premier WR as well.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
The popular saying about him was "it was our blood and his guts" he got the job done though he was kinda crazy.

I might not remember the exact words my uncle used. It was a long time ago, but he did not like, maybe even hated, General Patton.
Originally posted by ninermedic:
so much for all the talk that he wasn't fast enough

Where do these fables come from? I haven't seen many if any arguing that he wasn't fast enough to play WR. I've seen comparisons to a top deep threat in the league, Victor Cruz.

And so far he has not shown he can consistently over the top of the defense 30-40 yards like Cruz has done for years. He's had a couple great catches for TDs and we're happy for it,...but the speed that's been referred to (getting over the top of the D) has nothing to do with those catches.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

I might not remember the exact words my uncle used. It was a long time ago, but he did not like, maybe even hated, General Patton.

http://www.findingdulcinea.com/news/on-this-day/July-August-08/On-this-Day--General-Patton-Shocks-Public-by-Slapping-Crying-Soldier.html

I know he got a lot of grief for this one
Share 49ersWebzone