There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Originally posted by Disp:
You got all that from his 4 total catches?

How about college?
Originally posted by Disp:
You got all that from his 4 total catches?

He's been a good route runner for a long time, that was one of his strengths in college, certainly seems to have translated to the pro's, same with his catching ability. Its clear who watched this guy play in college and who hasn't, I saw him over 2 seasons at Louisiana Tech, light up teams all over the place, beat NFL level cornerbacks, make plays when he was double-covered, find ways to create separation no matter what and rarely drop passes. He was a playmaker through and through and unlike others, he didn't dominate with tremendous athletic ability, explosive speed or leaping ability, he simply outworked everyone else, he busted his ass, he was the first guy to show up to practice and the last guy to leave, his coach at Louisiana Tech frequently had to chasing him off the practice field to get him to go home. This guy has excelled at every single level he's played at, I don't see any reason why that should change in the NFL, his work ethic will carry him with the 49ers as it did in the past.
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This guy's route-running is so crisp (I'll even say it's better than Crabtree's, no joke), it's like he's always open, and this will help clog up 2 defenders so guys like Moore, Boldin, or Davis are gonna be able to make plays.

You got all that from his 4 total catches?

5

YEAH, FIVE CATCHES

EAT s**t c**t
[ Edited by monsterzero789 on Aug 27, 2013 at 6:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by Disp:
You got all that from his 4 total catches?

How about college?

And come on. That's five catches his first time on an NFL field and at least three or four of them were against the Vikings first team. Best start I've seen for a Niner receiver in a long time. Can anyone remember a better one lately?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Disp:
You got all that from his 4 total catches?

He's been a good route runner for a long time, that was one of his strengths in college, certainly seems to have translated to the pro's, same with his catching ability. Its clear who watched this guy play in college and who hasn't, I saw him over 2 seasons at Louisiana Tech, light up teams all over the place, beat NFL level cornerbacks, make plays when he was double-covered, find ways to create separation no matter what and rarely drop passes. He was a playmaker through and through and unlike others, he didn't dominate with tremendous athletic ability, explosive speed or leaping ability, he simply outworked everyone else, he busted his ass, he was the first guy to show up to practice and the last guy to leave, his coach at Louisiana Tech frequently had to chasing him off the practice field to get him to go home. This guy has excelled at every single level he's played at, I don't see any reason why that should change in the NFL, his work ethic will carry him with the 49ers as it did in the past.

Do you think he has fantasy draft value as a 3rd Wr?
Originally posted by GNielsen:
And come on. That's five catches his first time on an NFL field and at least three or four of them were against the Vikings first team. Best start I've seen for a Niner receiver in a long time. Can anyone remember a better one lately?

A better start than J Rice, who dropped many and looked overwhelmed...until he became the greatest of all time! So no, I can't think of anyone who had a better start.
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Do you think he has fantasy draft value as a 3rd Wr?

I don't know that he'll get drafted in most leagues, I picked him up as a free agent. I don't see him piling up huge numbers this season due to Boldin, VD and McDonald but I liked adding him to the roster along with Kaepernick and VD.
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Do you think he has fantasy draft value as a 3rd Wr?

I picked him up in last round lol
Ready to see more of what this kid can do!
Patton has swagger and playmaker written all over him. He said he plays football for respect and he looks like he wants to get it too! We need this at that position. He has the same attitude as Crabtree except QP seems to be more demonstrative. I will take it so long as he is working and producing
didnt patton dominate dj hayden during a game in college?

edit: not really but got some catches and some PI calls
[ Edited by schmons on Aug 27, 2013 at 7:00 PM ]
Originally posted by schmons:
didnt patton dominate dj hayden during a game in college?

edit: not really but got some catches and some PI calls

Nope, made a few nice catches but had a mostly quiet game. King went buck-wild that game, rolled over Houston. Patton did make Will Davis(180 yards) and Terry Hawthorne(150 yards) his b***hes though. Vance McDonald is certainly quite familiar with Patton considering the game he had against Rice. His best game was against Texas A@M, Louisiana Tech lost but Patton went for over 200 yards that game, he was an absolute beast.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 27, 2013 at 7:15 PM ]
I think QP is going to be a stud, and will allow us to part ways with Crab when is contract expires. You can just see it in QP.
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
This guy's route-running is so crisp (I'll even say it's better than Crabtree's, no joke), it's like he's always open, and this will help clog up 2 defenders so guys like Moore, Boldin, or Davis are gonna be able to make plays.

You got all that from his 4 total catches?

5

YEAH, FIVE CATCHES

EAT s**t c**t