There are 103 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
The kid is just phenomenal. Hands down a starter right out of the gate. Imagine this up in SEA:

Boldin , Patton, Moore, Baldwin, Kyle ( or Collie, or Hall, etc) and then Vance and Vernon. To complete it, LMJ split wide of Kap on Rt. side. How exactly are they gonna defend that, because I guarantee you JH can't wait to show that set.

That would be an amazing formation with 8 possible pass catchers. To hell with an Oline. Win!

LOL

This post has so much win lol.
Originally posted by hps49:
Open All Day. Yes.

Me likey
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Yes, clearly that one/one-hundredth of a second makes a huge difference. You can't compare the two.

Quinton Patton 40: 4.48
Victor Cruz 40: 4.47

But if we really want to compare their athleticism, Cruz had over a 41" vertical, over a 10' broad and did twice the reps.
Originally posted by random49er:
Yes, clearly that one/one-hundredth of a second makes a huge difference. You can't compare the two.

But if we really want to compare their athleticism, Cruz had over a 41" vertical, over a 10' broad and did twice the reps.

Patton had a 37" vertical and a 9' 10" broad jump... we're talking close enough.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Patton had a 37" vertical and a 9' 10" broad jump... we're talking close enough.

Cruz has peaked physically and skill wise. Patton can only improve under Uwe and Harbaugh. Cruz is clearly a notch above right now but who is to say whether Patton will get there or not
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Cruz has peaked physically and skill wise. Patton can only improve under Uwe and Harbaugh. Cruz is clearly a notch above right now but who is to say whether Patton will get there or not

I... I am to say. Patton will be even better than Crabtree turned out to be. He will take Crabtree's job after 2014, and will be a top WR in the league for many years.

So let it be written. So let it be done.
I... I am to say. Patton will be even better than Crabtree turned out to be. He will take Crabtree's job after 2014, and will be a top WR in the league for many years.

Amen!

either way he looks like a gamer. measurables be damned, the kid has heart and wants to play. you can't teach or train something like that.
Originally posted by ninermedic:
either way he looks like a gamer. measurables be damned, the kid has heart and wants to play. you can't teach or train something like that.

Yes! The kid is clearly high energy and passion for the game. If his ceiling ends up being a really good # 2? Then I think we still scored big. I hope we see lots of him in game 4 vs SD, and it won't surprise me at all if he does enough to be on the field opposite Boldin frequently.
very excited about this kid. Hope he can become great!
It is such a pleasure to watch his hands when he catches the ball...just text book and smooth!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Aug 27, 2013 at 3:36 PM ]

I usually agree with you, and I do hope the kid does well, but Crabtree is better than Patton and will likely continue to be. I think Crabtree and Patton are our starters next year with Patton sliding into the slot on 3 receiver sets, hopefully with Baldwin being #3.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

I usually agree with you, and I do hope the kid does well, but Crabtree is better than Patton and will likely continue to be. I think Crabtree and Patton are our starters next year with Patton sliding into the slot on 3 receiver sets, hopefully with Baldwin being #3.
Patton is already reaping the benefits of a good QB..it wasn't such for Crabtree early in his career.
NO, I MUST DANCE!

Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Yeah its a stretch to say Patton will be better than Crabtree, the second we gave crabtree a QB who likes to drive the ball downfield look at how he exploded. If he didnt get injured there would be no way we could resign him cause he would be hitting ~1400 yards or so and would want his payday. Patton will be good and solid, I wanna see him against some monster corners like sherman or browner before proclaiming him the best WR on the team.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home