LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Again, the argument you and others are making is basically based on one fantastic player's 40 time. If your argument were a sound argument, then professional football people would not be paying any attention to 40 times. But of course, we know that they spend a lot of time looking at and analyzing 40 times. What you're basically saying is that you know a better way to pre-judge a given athlete's potential than the 40 time and I think that deserves one of your emoticons. The 40 time is a basic judgment tool. The idea is that a player with a better 40 time is more likely to be able to create separation from a defender - it obviously doesn't guarantee that - but it's an objective measuring tool, not a subjective judgement. The arrogance of people who would say "this isn't track and field" astounds me. Really!!! This isn't track and field???!!! Gee, thanks!

Your still missing the point... this isnt track and field.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:
He reminds of the white version of Wes Welker

because of the gold grillz ?
Originally posted by 5280High:
Cruz is faster, dont let your homerism impair your eyesight. Watch Pattons clip on youtube then compare it to Cruz, not that hard of a judgement call. And you want to grasp onto quantifiable data when it doesnt matter, so yeah call it subjective... but its also the subjective opinion of anyone with eyes. Having played football extensively and watched countless hours of film, its easy to compare guys game speed once you have an eye for it.

You admit it yourself. It's a JUDGEMENT CALL. And that, by definition, is a subjective view. So, all I'm saying is don't pretend it's the end of the argument. It's your opinion. If someone else shares your opinion, that's fine. It's still an opinion at this point. After I see Patton play a few NFL games, maybe I'll agree with your opinion. Until then, the jury is out for me. And, please. "Homerism" has nothing to do with this. This is all about critical thinking. Again, my opinion is that nobody has enough information about Patton's game speed yet to make a flat-out judgement that Cruz is definitely faster, that's all.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by valrod33:
He reminds of the white version of Wes Welker

because of the gold grillz ?
exactly
You admit it yourself. It's a JUDGEMENT CALL. And that, by definition, is a subjective view. So, all I'm saying is don't pretend it's the end of the argument. It's your opinion. If someone else shares your opinion, that's fine. It's still an opinion at this point. After I see Patton play a few NFL games, maybe I'll agree with your opinion. Until then, the jury is out for me. And, please. "Homerism" has nothing to do with this. This is all about critical thinking. Again, my opinion is that nobody has enough information about Patton's game speed yet to make a flat-out judgement that Cruz is definitely faster, that's all.

dude end it, this is just sad that you care so much because I said Cruz is faster.
dude end it, this is just sad that you care so much because I said Cruz is faster.

It's over and you obviously don't get the point. People always like to pretend to know things they really don't know, that's the point.
Cruz is faster, dont let your homerism impair your eyesight. Watch Pattons clip on youtube then compare it to Cruz, not that hard of a judgement call. And you want to grasp onto quantifiable data when it doesnt matter, so yeah call it subjective... but its also the subjective opinion of anyone with eyes. Having played football extensively and watched countless hours of film, its easy to compare guys game speed once you have an eye for it.

My critical thinking is that you two are putting WAY too much into the comparison. My critical thinking is also letting me hope and wish this guy pans out for us. Better than Cruz and anyone else, for that matter. Will it happen? Who knows, but I stand with my critical thinking wholeheartedly.

Originally posted by kidash98:
My critical thinking is that you two are putting WAY too much into the comparison. My critical thinking is also letting me hope and wish this guy pans out for us. Better than Cruz and anyone else, for that matter. Will it happen? Who knows, but I stand with my critical thinking wholeheartedly.

Sorry, but that's an opinion.

It's a good opinion and one that I think is correct.
He is like a Dominican version of Jerry Rice
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

THE NEW COMPARSION ARGUMENT HAS BEGUN...... FIGHT!!!

• thl408
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

He's like a black Steve Largent.
He's like Chris Farley except he's not fat, he's not white and he can play football.
He's like a midget Filipino Elvis
He is like Raekwon the Chef but he isn't in the Wu Tang Clan
hes like a black dane cook except hes actually funny
Share 49ersWebzone