There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Originally posted by GNielsen:
Yes, clearly that one/one-hundredth of a second makes a huge difference. You can't compare the two.

Quinton Patton 40: 4.48
Victor Cruz 40: 4.47

Game speed is different than timed speed

Cruz on a football field is quite a bit faster than Patton. Cruz is faster than his 40 time (which is a joke anyways) when he's on the field, not saying Patton is slow but Cruz is definitely faster.
Originally posted by dGilleran:
Williams is faster and it's not really close.

Yes! Eight one-hundredths of a second is like a lifetime on the football field!

Quinton Patton 40: 4.48
Kyle Williams 40: 4.40
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by dGilleran:
Williams is faster and it's not really close.

Yes! Eight one-hundredths of a second is like a lifetime on the football field!

Quinton Patton 40: 4.48
Kyle Williams 40: 4.40

Get over 40 times... this isnt track and field

Game speed is the only speed that matters, ask the GOAT.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Game speed is different than timed speed

Cruz on a football field is quite a bit faster than Patton. Cruz is faster than his 40 time (which is a joke anyways) when he's on the field, not saying Patton is slow but Cruz is definitely faster.

Okay, you're talking about your perception and I'm talking about machine-timed 40 yard dash times. You don't KNOW that Cruz on a football field is quite a bit faster than Patton. You haven't really seen enough of Patton to know that. You just think you know that. And, if 40 times are a joke, why do guys with faster 40's usually get drafted higher. I keep hearing this and I wonder why people keep saying it. If 40's are a joke, why is everyone so damned in love with Calvin Johnson. Yes, yes, I know there are examples of great receivers with lower 40 times. I know all about Jerry Rice's 4.7 40. But again, you're making a flat out judgement that Cruz is faster on the football field than Patton and I haven't seen enough of Patton to have any faith in that SUBJECTIVE judgement. So, enough with the cute, holier-than-thou emoticons, okay?
[ Edited by GNielsen on Aug 26, 2013 at 10:10 AM ]
He reminds of the white version of Wes Welker
I think other then his enthusiasm his shiftiness at the line is probably one of his biggest weapons. If he keeps playing like this or better he can be a dancing fool i could care less. Even the GOAT said the game was about fun not records.
Originally posted by valrod33:
He reminds of the white version of Wes Welker

From what I saw last night, he certainly has the quickness of a Welker, but when you look at his college highlight real, it looks to me that he has more flat-out speed than some people around here are giving him credit for. Last night on that crossing route in the back of the end zone, he was running away from the corner and they both started out together.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Game speed is different than timed speed

Cruz on a football field is quite a bit faster than Patton. Cruz is faster than his 40 time (which is a joke anyways) when he's on the field, not saying Patton is slow but Cruz is definitely faster.

Okay, you're talking about your perception and I'm talking about machine-timed 40 yard dash times. You don't KNOW that Cruz on a football field is quite a bit faster than Patton. You haven't really seen enough of Patton to know that. You just think you know that. And, if 40 times are a joke, why do guys with faster 40's usually get drafted higher. I keep hearing this and I wonder why people keep saying it. If 40's are a joke, why is everyone so damned in love with Calvin Johnson. Yes, yes, I know there are examples of great receivers with lower 40 times. I know all about Jerry Rice's 4.7 40. But again, you're making a flat out judgement that Cruz is faster on the football field than Patton and I haven't seen enough of Patton to have any faith in that SUBJECTIVE judgement. So, enough with the cute, holier-than-thou emoticons, okay?

Cruz is faster, dont let your homerism impair your eyesight. Watch Pattons clip on youtube then compare it to Cruz, not that hard of a judgement call. And you want to grasp onto quantifiable data when it doesnt matter, so yeah call it subjective... but its also the subjective opinion of anyone with eyes. Having played football extensively and watched countless hours of film, its easy to compare guys game speed once you have an eye for it.
[ Edited by 5280High on Aug 26, 2013 at 10:15 AM ]
Originally posted by 5280High:
Get over 40 times... this isnt track and field

Game speed is the only speed that matters, ask the GOAT.

Again, the argument you and others are making is basically based on one fantastic player's 40 time. If your argument were a sound argument, then professional football people would not be paying any attention to 40 times. But of course, we know that they spend a lot of time looking at and analyzing 40 times. What you're basically saying is that you know a better way to pre-judge a given athlete's potential than the 40 time and I think that deserves one of your emoticons. The 40 time is a basic judgment tool. The idea is that a player with a better 40 time is more likely to be able to create separation from a defender - it obviously doesn't guarantee that - but it's an objective measuring tool, not a subjective judgement. The arrogance of people who would say "this isn't track and field" astounds me. Really!!! This isn't track and field???!!! Gee, thanks!
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Again, the argument you and others are making is basically based on one fantastic player's 40 time. If your argument were a sound argument, then professional football people would not be paying any attention to 40 times. But of course, we know that they spend a lot of time looking at and analyzing 40 times. What you're basically saying is that you know a better way to pre-judge a given athlete's potential than the 40 time and I think that deserves one of your emoticons. The 40 time is a basic judgment tool. The idea is that a player with a better 40 time is more likely to be able to create separation from a defender - it obviously doesn't guarantee that - but it's an objective measuring tool, not a subjective judgement. The arrogance of people who would say "this isn't track and field" astounds me. Really!!! This isn't track and field???!!! Gee, thanks!

Your still missing the point... this isnt track and field.
Originally posted by valrod33:
He reminds of the white version of Wes Welker

because of the gold grillz ?
Originally posted by 5280High:
Cruz is faster, dont let your homerism impair your eyesight. Watch Pattons clip on youtube then compare it to Cruz, not that hard of a judgement call. And you want to grasp onto quantifiable data when it doesnt matter, so yeah call it subjective... but its also the subjective opinion of anyone with eyes. Having played football extensively and watched countless hours of film, its easy to compare guys game speed once you have an eye for it.

You admit it yourself. It's a JUDGEMENT CALL. And that, by definition, is a subjective view. So, all I'm saying is don't pretend it's the end of the argument. It's your opinion. If someone else shares your opinion, that's fine. It's still an opinion at this point. After I see Patton play a few NFL games, maybe I'll agree with your opinion. Until then, the jury is out for me. And, please. "Homerism" has nothing to do with this. This is all about critical thinking. Again, my opinion is that nobody has enough information about Patton's game speed yet to make a flat-out judgement that Cruz is definitely faster, that's all.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by valrod33:
He reminds of the white version of Wes Welker

because of the gold grillz ?
exactly
Originally posted by GNielsen:
You admit it yourself. It's a JUDGEMENT CALL. And that, by definition, is a subjective view. So, all I'm saying is don't pretend it's the end of the argument. It's your opinion. If someone else shares your opinion, that's fine. It's still an opinion at this point. After I see Patton play a few NFL games, maybe I'll agree with your opinion. Until then, the jury is out for me. And, please. "Homerism" has nothing to do with this. This is all about critical thinking. Again, my opinion is that nobody has enough information about Patton's game speed yet to make a flat-out judgement that Cruz is definitely faster, that's all.

dude end it, this is just sad that you care so much because I said Cruz is faster.
Originally posted by 5280High:
dude end it, this is just sad that you care so much because I said Cruz is faster.

It's over and you obviously don't get the point. People always like to pretend to know things they really don't know, that's the point.