There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
finally we have a real #11

The other guy did potentially net us two 2nd
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 25, 2013 at 8:59 PM ]
Why did Patton last till the 4th round? Honest question. What was the knock on him?
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Why did Patton last till the 4th round? Honest question. What was the knock on him?

Small school. Not really that fast, not really that big

Not fast enough, not big enough, came from a small school....etc.

Considered a steal, viewed as a 2nd round talent

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/04/27/catch-this-49ers-select-wr-patton-in-fourth-round/

Probably jack of all trades, specialty of none.

He probably doesn't have the elite speed, size, or hands that scouts look for. He's a predictable 3rd or 4th receiver on a team. No upside to him.

I don't know if scouts saw it that way, but if they did, i do not agree with them. Scouts over think things on draft day sometimes. Sometimes, they don't know what is obvious even if it bit them on the ass.
He doesn't run super fast in a straight line in his underpants. This is a very important skill in football, just ask AJ Jenkins.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

He probably doesn't have the elite speed, size, or hands that scouts look for. He's a predictable 3rd or 4th receiver on a team. No upside to him.

I don't know if scouts saw it that way, but if they did, i do not agree with them. Scouts over think things on draft day sometimes. Sometimes, they don't know what is obvious even if it bit them on the ass.

No, that's one think he has in spades, in the draft, he had the lowest drop percentage of any WR. He was looked at as too small, not fast enough, would struggle to get off the line of scrimmage against press coverage.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

The WR's ahead of him were considered more attractive because they were either extremely fast, athletic, big, or a combination of those traits. The thing that Patton had on them was pure production in college. He can play some football, period.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Small school. Not really that fast, not really that big

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Not fast enough, not big enough, came from a small school....etc.

Thanks. Hmm not fast enough? Looks like he is a pure slot guy? Quickness, smarts, and hands then. He will prove useful.
Originally posted by Janitor:

Considered a steal, viewed as a 2nd round talent

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/04/27/catch-this-49ers-select-wr-patton-in-fourth-round/

Doesn't look like he's strong either based on the benchpress reps. Keep him away from the more physical outside corners and have him work on the nickel DBs. He should be the reason Manningham will not be re-sgined.
"Measurables" are not as important as production! This guy seems to be able to play, no matter his straight line speed, bench press, or height. Some guys just have a knack...he does I believe.
4 catches and hes a cocky dancin fool lol. i like this kid even more. guys gonna be a beast
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hps49: