LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 445 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • thl408
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned.

I know why Patton chose #11. Kap is #7. 7-11, open all day. He did most of his damage from the slot, I think. I was kind of hoping they'd use him more from X or Z.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
He's gonna be Crabtree's replacement if we opt out of resigning Crabs.

The way he plays he reminds me of a smaller, quicker Crabtree. Very active body control, especially after the catch. That is what good receivers have.
Originally posted by Team49ers:
Patton's broken finger didn't slow him down at all tonight.

lol
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned.

I know why Patton chose #11. Kap is #7. 7-11, open all day. He did most of his damage from the slot, I think. I was kind of hoping they'd use him more from X or Z.

LOL good one!
finally we have a real #11

Originally posted by qnnhan7:

lol

Get this ugly sh!t outta here. I'm eating!!
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
finally we have a real #11

The other guy did potentially net us two 2nd
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 25, 2013 at 8:59 PM ]
  • thl408
Why did Patton last till the 4th round? Honest question. What was the knock on him?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Why did Patton last till the 4th round? Honest question. What was the knock on him?

Small school. Not really that fast, not really that big

Not fast enough, not big enough, came from a small school....etc.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

Considered a steal, viewed as a 2nd round talent

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/04/27/catch-this-49ers-select-wr-patton-in-fourth-round/

Probably jack of all trades, specialty of none.

He probably doesn't have the elite speed, size, or hands that scouts look for. He's a predictable 3rd or 4th receiver on a team. No upside to him.

I don't know if scouts saw it that way, but if they did, i do not agree with them. Scouts over think things on draft day sometimes. Sometimes, they don't know what is obvious even if it bit them on the ass.
He doesn't run super fast in a straight line in his underpants. This is a very important skill in football, just ask AJ Jenkins.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Probably jack of all trades, specialty of none.

He probably doesn't have the elite speed, size, or hands that scouts look for. He's a predictable 3rd or 4th receiver on a team. No upside to him.

I don't know if scouts saw it that way, but if they did, i do not agree with them. Scouts over think things on draft day sometimes. Sometimes, they don't know what is obvious even if it bit them on the ass.

No, that's one think he has in spades, in the draft, he had the lowest drop percentage of any WR. He was looked at as too small, not fast enough, would struggle to get off the line of scrimmage against press coverage.
Share 49ersWebzone