There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Originally posted by NinerG94:
I really hope this kid turns out as good as we all think he will because its the Jersey I really want!!!!! I'm definitely taking a wait and see approach though. Our track record with WR's is horrible at best since Jerry Rice. No I didn't forget TO but he was a huge disaster too with the only difference being he could ball.

i got an alex smith jersey u can buy off me and change the name plate
Originally posted by buck:
Just one more look at Quinton Patton.

Another tool for evaluating wide receivers is DuPont's Metric. This instrument combine speed and production to give a wide receiver a grade.

For speed it uses a receiver 40 time divided by weight. Production is measured by touchdowns per game and yards per game.

Prospect---DuPont Metric

Robert Woods--154.38

Quinton Patton--149.75

DeAndre Hopkins--127.01

Stedman Bailey--126.26

Keenan Allen--124.27

Terrance Williams--123.54

Justin Hunter--120.39

Cordarrelle Patterson---114.11

Markus Wheaton--106.55

Tavon Austin--106.28

Aaron Dobson--104.08

Da'Rick Rogers--103.37

These instruments are not perfect, but they do indicate that Patton has a very good chance to an excellent NFL wide receiver.

It would be helpful if you could post this information on receivers that are already in the league. That way we can evaluate how accurate this measurement is. For instance a Julio Jones with a high rating would help prove the authenticity. Or an AJ Jenkins with a high rating might prove this to be a poor way to judge WRs. I don't know where you found these measurements but, they seem interesting.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
It would be helpful if you could post this information on receivers that are already in the league. That way we can evaluate how accurate this measurement is. For instance a Julio Jones with a high rating would help prove the authenticity. Or an AJ Jenkins with a high rating might prove this to be a poor way to judge WRs. I don't know where you found these measurements but, they seem interesting.

I found these formulas and others while I was searching for information about draft prospects.

The wide receiver production which is also referred to as the wide receiver production rating takes a lot of work. I have to find the numbers and plug them into the formulas, which I have on an excel spreadsheet.

I did the work for most of major prospects last year and will do it again next year.

I am not going to go back and do the grading for Jones or Johnson. But, if I remember correctly, they would have scored, or did score, high on these metrics.
He just did in 10 minutes of gametime what AJ couldnt after 2 years lol. Make a catch.
and a TD
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Real deal.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
lol @ QP already being better than AJ Jenkins.
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Real deal.

looks good.
Gold Teefs!

Reid also lookin legit.
Quinton Patton is already better than AJ Jenkins was. LOL.
Great TD but that dance
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Quinton Patton is already better than AJ Jenkins was. LOL.

Too true. I desperately wanted AJ to succeed. But in two catches Patton already looks better.
Then again.................has there been a Jon Baldwin sighting yet? Keep it up, mini-Q!
someone needs to turn that dance into a GIF
I LOVED this pick and now he's quickly becoming one of my fav players. I think he's going to finish with 600-700 yards this year.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home