There are 175 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I have a feeling deep down inside this guy is gonna turn into a star somehow.

It's got to be way deep down, cause I haven't seen sh*t from him either

You will Sunday!
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by susweel:
broke his finger from a Colt McCoy duck. lol

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 12m 49ers WR Quinton Patton had a broken finger from a Colt McCoy pass, he said. He's all cleared to catch passes and compete for a job now.

f**king Colt McCoy

I have high hopes for him, but he better tape that hand up if he's going to catch balls from Kaep...
Originally posted by susweel:
broke his finger from a Colt McCoy duck. lol

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 12m 49ers WR Quinton Patton had a broken finger from a Colt McCoy pass, he said. He's all cleared to catch passes and compete for a job now.

That's exactly what I thought when I read that. LOL.

I've been feeling that way about him for a couple of years now, he's got no great athletic attributes that stick out but he's a pure football player, through and through, a guy who will work his ass off and go through walls for you. I still fully believe that he has NFL #1 WR potential. Doesn't have great height, great speed, but he's a straight-up gamer. At virtually every level he's come in, rather overlooked, underrated and has ended up dominating in the end.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 19, 2013 at 2:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I've been feeling that way about him for a couple of years now, he's got no great athletic attributes that stick out but he's a pure football player, through and through, a guy who will work his ass off and go through walls for you. I still fully believe that he has NFL #1 WR potential. Doesn't have great height, great speed, but he's a straight-up gamer. At virtually every level he's come in, rather overlooked, underrated and has ended up dominating in the end.

I hope you are right Phoenix!
Patton will have more motivation after Jenkins being dealt. He better step up ASAP.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Patton will have more motivation after Jenkins being dealt. He better step up ASAP.

Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by rigs49:
At church today the priest pulled out an article of one of the San Francisco newspapers. He mentioned that the article was about Patton, and how he flew to the bay area but was sent back because he was not allowed to practice since there are rules. It was awesome.

did you yell "niners wooo!!"?

"f**k YA!!"

How awesome. Just out of curiosity, how did it tie into the rest of the homily?

Was it about patience and obedience, I assume? haha

• THEB
  • Veteran
Man i cant help but like this guy. He always cracks a smile and is extremely polite during interviews, etc..

McCoy broke his finger with a wobbly pass. I know it wasn't the velocity.
This was before he was cleared to start catching with both hands.

Quinton Patton sticks out on the Santa Clara practice fields for more than a few reasons. There's his jersey number, 11. There's his jersey color, blue, in a sea of red and white. And there's his personality: He's almost always chatting up the cornerback lined up across from him at the line of scrimmage or the veteran receivers flanking him on the sideline. Then there is this: He's catching the balls coming his way – with one hand.

Patton, the 49ers fourth-round draft pick last April, isn't letting an injury affect his first National Football League training camp. "Even though he hasn't been cleared to catch balls, he's been improvising and running routes, getting the muscle memory from those routes," Jim Harbaugh said before Wednesday's practice. "At times now, he's catching balls one-handed. But it's been a positive. There hasn't been any negatives to that. He's doing the best he can."

As Scott Ostler, columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle, wrote, Patton is all football, all the time. The Louisiana Tech product actually flew to San Francisco too early after he was drafted; National Football League rules stipulate the dates when rookies can appear at their new teams' facilities.

Harbaugh said Wednesday that Patton's anxiousness has yet to subside. "Yeah, he's somebody that's shown to be very eager, mentally and physically," Harbaugh said Wednesday. "Mentally in studying the game plan, studying the ready-list, understanding the concepts, physically preparing himself every day for practice to get better and hone his skills. So I think it's been plus-plus in both those regards."

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Morning-Tailgate-Patton-Draws-Attention/6a877612-9244-4691-8130-52db8ac1230a
Very very excited to see Patton play this weekend. I have a feeling he's the WR we've been hoping for.
I really like this kid and am really pulling for him. He loves football, that's obvious.
Patton will ball out! My bold predication is that he will finish 3rd in receptions after Boldin and VD when the year is over. He will not be denied the field.
Share 49ersWebzone