There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Pick #128

Damn this video gets me pumped!!! I think Jenkins will prove some people wrong and Patton here could push big time. I doubt Manningham will be 100% come opening day.
Originally posted by robniner:
Speed, speed,.speed

At one point the best WR in the draft.

wut
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Pick #128

Damn this video gets me pumped!!! I think Jenkins will prove some people wrong and Patton here could push big time. I doubt Manningham will be 100% come opening day.

Damn bro he has good hands, gets good separation, with break away speed. I think we are going to be incredibly deep at WR once we develop the potential of these younger guys.
Wow, those are very impressive highlights. He fakes guys out of their shoes, breaks tackles, gets separation, catches with his hands, great on end zone fades, very quick moves. That's the first video I've seen of him and I'm kind of shocked.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Wow, those are very impressive highlights. He fakes guys out of their shoes, breaks tackles, gets separation, catches with his hands, great on end zone fades, very quick moves. That's the first video I've seen of him and I'm kind of shocked.

Go to the 2:56 minute mark of this video.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 23, 2013 at 7:14 PM ]
Yeah. Brutal block. He also sustains a nice block on a running play at about 4:30. I'm very impressed with Patton. Today is the first time I've seen footage of him. He's much faster and quicker than I thought and he plays very aggressively. I also like the way he doesn't do a lot of showboating - he usually just hands the ball to the ref.
I'll trust in those who have watched him play
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/43315/321/third-day-gems-wr-patton

"Like other third day gems, I was and continue to be a huge fan of Patton's, listing him at No. 30 in my top 151 pre-draft rankings. After one day of rookie camp, 49ers beat writer Matt Maiocco wrote "I can tell you that Quinton Patton is nowhere close to being ready. (But that can be said for all of the rookies.)" I did not attend this practice, but based on Patton's collegiate tape I disagree."
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

"Like other third day gems, I was and continue to be a huge fan of Patton's, listing him at No. 30 in my top 151 pre-draft rankings. After one day of rookie camp, 49ers beat writer Matt Maiocco wrote "I can tell you that Quinton Patton is nowhere close to being ready. (But that can be said for all of the rookies.)" I did not attend this practice, but based on Patton's collegiate tape I disagree."

I trust Maiocco.

Adjusting to the pro game can take time, though I know the Zone really wants to crown Patton & Lockette ASAP.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I trust Maiocco.

Adjusting to the pro game can take time, though I know the Zone really wants to crown Patton & Lockette ASAP.

Not all that sure about Lockette. I hyped Patton because of his skills as a wide receiver, ability to run great routes, block well and the tremendous hands he showed in college. Lockette gets hyped because he's 6'2, ran a 4.36 40 and is Kaepernick's roommate. If he doesn't translate all that athletic prowess and training into results out on to the field this preseason, his NFL career could be over before it ever began
It was interesting to read another take on Patton, WR is a tough position to step into first year. I just want to see some progression for Jenkins, Lockette and Patton as the season goes on.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I trust Maiocco.

Not all that sure about Lockette. I hyped Patton because of his skills as a wide receiver, ability to run great routes, block well and the tremendous hands he showed in college. Lockette gets hyped because he's 6'2, ran a 4.36 40 and is Kaepernick's roommate. If he doesn't translate all that athletic prowess and training into results out on to the field this preseason, his NFL career could be over before it ever began

Nah. At the very least, they will put him on the practice squad.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

I trust Maiocco.

Maiocco was wrong about Kap, he's been wrong about plenty. I'll take his analysis noting that Patton has much to work on.

Pretty sure he's not eligible anymore. Spent a year on Seattle's practice squad and another on the 49ers. Its essentially sink or swim time for him, especially considering that he's 27. Not a whole of successful 28 year old projects that make it big in the NFL.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Pretty sure he's not eligible anymore. Spent a year on Seattle's practice squad and another on the 49ers. Its essentially sink or swim time for him, especially considering that he's 27. Not a whole of successful 28 year old projects that make it big in the NFL.

Oh whoops, thought we were talking about Patton.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home