LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Patton is 6ft, not exactly a big strong dude WR himself. I think it can work.

6 feet tall and a very capable run blocker as he showed yesterday. I don't see them moving those guys around as there should be plenty of targets for all of them once Gabbert decides to actually start throwing downfield.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Patton is 6ft, not exactly a big strong dude WR himself. I think it can work.

6 feet tall and a very capable run blocker as he showed yesterday. I don't see them moving those guys around as there should be plenty of targets for all of them once Gabbert decides to actually start throwing downfield.

Thats cool.
He started zipping the ball into tighter Windows in the second half,4th quarter to be exact. Hell be getting comfortable and more confident in himself and the wide outs as the season goes on.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
He started zipping the ball into tighter Windows in the second half,4th quarter to be exact. Hell be getting comfortable and more confident in himself and the wide outs as the season goes on.

They need to commit to throwing a few deep passes each game, in each half to prevent defenses from doing just what the Rams did in the 3rd quarter.
Patton showed some wiggles. Didn't like how he was loose with the ball though.

Agree with NC though Smith and Kerley will be taking over.

Came in to say the same thing. He played well, but needs to hold on to the ball better. He was lucky he was on the sidelines both times.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

They need to commit to throwing a few deep passes each game, in each half to prevent defenses from doing just what the Rams did in the 3rd quarter.

I fully agree. The team needs to at least attempt stretching the field a bit with Torrey. I fully support a few play action passes now and then trying to get Smith isolated on a corner. That is Smith's bread and butter and he should be used as such.
Originally posted by JoeBart324:
I fully agree. The team needs to at least attempt stretching the field a bit with Torrey. I fully support a few play action passes now and then trying to get Smith isolated on a corner. That is Smith's bread and butter and he should be used as such.

Yeah. Just out of habit, throw a couple deep to Smith each game, force teams to have to respect his speed and make them choose between keeping a safety back over the top or cheating to stop the run.
Originally posted by JoeBart324:

Yeah. Just out of habit, throw a couple deep to Smith each game, force teams to have to respect his speed and make them choose between keeping a safety back over the top or cheating to stop the run.

Watch as Chip was saving those looks to give to Carolina this week
QP making plays for the sake of the team even when the ball isnt in his hands. That block on kuechley helped vance reach the endzone.
Originally posted by Team49ers:
QP making plays for the sake of the team even when the ball isnt in his hands. That block on kuechley helped vance reach the endzone.

I LOLed when he came flying out of nowhere like a missile and took Kuechly completely out of the play and out of bounds.

I LOLed when he came flying out of nowhere like a missile and took Kuechly completely out of the play and out of bounds.

looked dangerously close to a block in the back to me

Yep, I watched the gif of that play loop plenty of times over. He sure wanted to make Kuechly feel it. Great effort.
I've been quietly impressed with him this year not doing anything spectacular (keuchly block aside) but seems to have matured and is becoming more reliable

That was sweet!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Got away with block in the back on that one.
Share 49ersWebzone