LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by socalniner:
I had him #1 on my big board nice pick

Is there an echo in here?
so whats the reason for this guy falling so much? off field stuff?
Yes! We need to WR right now! Thank You 49ers!
Originally posted by SealTeam6:

he had everybody we drafted #1
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by SealTeam6:

he had everybody we drafted #1

That's funny s**t
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Wonder if he doesn't play or make a catch this yr if y'all will be screaming bust like alot of u have with AJ? ?? good pick up let him learn college WR to NFL WR is a tough translation ....

Unlike Jenkins, Patton is ready to contribute. It was pretty clear early on that Jenkins had a loooong way to go.

Don't u think if patton ready to contribute he would have been picked along time ago? ?? I'm just saying cause I dislike all tha hate AJ has gotten by alot on here N now everyone all over Patton nuts like he's tha next Jerry Rice ..
Future top NFL receiver....game ready, polished route runner, great hands....THE LOWEST drop rate in college football among ALL WR's......I've been wanting and mocking this guy since like November....49ers got a steal. Uses his quickness to get separation, great leaper, good leadership ability, active in charities, very good character guy, eager and willing run blocker, he's a Baalke guy through and through.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 27, 2013 at 11:18 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Future top NFL receiver....game ready, polished route runner, great hands....THE LOWEST drop rate in college football among ALL WR's......I've been wanting and mocking this guy since like November....49ers got a steal.

Congrats Phoenix....you have to be REALLLLLLLLLY happy today. Love the pick.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Congrats Phoenix....you have to be REALLLLLLLLLY happy today. Love the pick.

Yup Phoenix put me onto him and I fell in love Im okay if we give the rest of the draft 5-7 to the raiders the 4th is where we made our money.
Great call Phoenix!

From the beginning I thought he'd be a perfect fit for this team. He's not a WR that run blocks well, he's a WR that seems to really enjoy knocking some cornerback around. He's more quick than fast and uses his quickness to get separation, with the quality of his hands, he's going to bring in anything that is within his general vicinity. Boldin and Crabtree are great WR's for him to learn from.

49ers never really draft a lot of the players that I really like so this was a nice surprise.
Baalke is t-bagging this draft, amazing pick Trent
Wonder if he doesn't play or make a catch this yr if y'all will be screaming bust like alot of u have with AJ? ?? good pick up let him learn college WR to NFL WR is a tough translation ....

Unlike Jenkins, Patton is ready to contribute. It was pretty clear early on that Jenkins had a loooong way to go.

Don't u think if patton ready to contribute he would have been picked along time ago? ?? I'm just saying cause I dislike all tha hate AJ has gotten by alot on here N now everyone all over Patton nuts like he's tha next Jerry Rice ..

No one's saying he's the next Jerry. Patton is an incredibly talented player who just happened to fall. Good players slip through the cracks sometimes. AJ Jenkins was a long term project who the 49ers felt had eventual 1st-round potential (I strongly disagree, but that's not that point). Patton is a different type of player. He's not a raw prospect with an enormous ceiling like you see with certain picks that go in the 1st and 2nd round. He's a well-rounded player, not a project.

Players develop at different rates. The jury is still out on Jenkins, but it was disappointing he couldn't even push any of the guys above him, while other later-round rookies were contributing. Just because Jenkins didn't contribute in year one, doesn't mean Patton won't. No one is saying Patton is going to start. When I say contribute, that could mean even just 10-20 catches for 150 yards or so.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 27, 2013 at 11:37 AM ]

No one's saying he's the next Jerry. Patton is an incredibly talented player who just happened to fall. Good players slip through the cracks sometimes. AJ Jenkins was a long term project who the 49ers felt had eventual 1st-round potential (I strongly disagree, but that's not that point). Patton is a different type of player. He's not a raw prospect with an enormous ceiling like you see with certain picks that go in the 1st and 2nd round. He's a well-rounded player, not a project.

Players develop at different rates. The jury is still out on Jenkins, but it was disappointing he couldn't even push any of the guys above him, while other later-round rookies were contributing. Just because Jenkins didn't contribute in year one, doesn't mean Patton won't. No one is saying Patton is going to start. When I say contribute, that could mean even just 10-20 catches for 150 yards or so.

Please don't jinx him with AJ talk. I'm not ready to call bust but it doesn't bode well we were picking up wr off the street for our playoff run instead of playing the 1st rounder. When Marlon Moore, Joe Hastings, and Ricardo Lockette play into the niners game plan more than you there might be a problem
this dude is always open. excellent pick and they stole him where they got him. Baalke is putting on a draft clinic
Share 49ersWebzone