LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'm excited for my boy Patton. He's been all heart with a little bit of ego getting in the way. Like someone said he gives 100% at all times. Love that he is getting his act together.
Originally posted by 9moon:
FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!! THE MOONNNNNN HASSSS RETURNEEDDDDDDD TO 49ERSSSSS WEBZONEEEEE !!!!

.... as I was saying, Patton has clearly separated his self among the WR groups that we have.. He's been the BEST WR all of camp..

,,, it also means that two of the 1st 4 spot is filled... WHO WILL STEP UP NEXTTTTTTTTT !!!! WHHHHEEWWWWWWWWW!!!

1) Patton

2) Smith

3)

4)

What kind of adult posts like this?
FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!! THE MOONNNNNN HASSSS RETURNEEDDDDDDD TO 49ERSSSSS WEBZONEEEEE !!!!

.... as I was saying, Patton has clearly separated his self among the WR groups that we have.. He's been the BEST WR all of camp..

,,, it also means that two of the 1st 4 spot is filled... WHO WILL STEP UP NEXTTTTTTTTT !!!! WHHHHEEWWWWWWWWW!!!

1) Patton

2) Smith

3)

4)

Callate la pinche boca
Patton hasnt really put up splashy numbers, but he has made some plays here and there. Like the sideline catch towards the end of the game that put us in FG range ti win against the cards about 2 years ago, or just last season him juking his way on a screen pass to FG range against the rams. We'll see if he can give us more.
I think QP is gonna do wonders in Chip's system!! 👍
Originally posted by BigBug415:
I think QP is gonna do wonders in Chip's system!! 👍

good point about Chip's system. I keep forgetting we have this guy after all the years of Roman and Chryst

1) Patton

2) Smith

3)

4)

-tears of joy

I heard Patton is a possible starting WR.
All I know after this season or by week 5 were all gonna be screaming for at least 2 wrs in the early rounds, whoever wins the qb competition is gonna get no help. Unfortunately none of them are Brady, manning or Rodgers where they turn the average wr into good wrs
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

1) Patton

2) Smith

3)

4)

lol patton sucks

REPORTED:

Wide receivers As mentioned, Torrey Smith returned to the practice field after a day off with a minor knee injury. Grant Cohn feels that Quinton Patton has been the team's best wide receiver on the field over the past two days and that he seemed like a lock to start opposite Smith against the Los Angeles Rams during Week 1.

"Beat Keith Reaser with a post route for a long catch on the first play of 7 on 7s," reports Cohn. Matt Barrows agreed with that assessment. Cohn feels that WR DiAndre Campbell and Colin Kaepernick have good chemistry as the two connected three times today.

Campbell had a team-high four catches during practice. Cohn was not impressed with DeAndre Smelter calling him "slow." He couldn't get close enough to a long pass from Gabbert against CB Rashard Robinson, who looked as though he wasn't giving 100 percent on the play.

"Seems unable to get open deep or make contested catches downfield," Cohn said of Smelter regarding today's practice. -

See more at: http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/95822-august-training-notes-tartt-smith-return-practice-better/#sthash.4SLiAToj.dpuf

..as for DARKO, BE NICE and try not to hurt yourself by thinking who you think is going to be our 1st four WR after camp..

Patton looks good every TC. The problem is he disappears during games - the same problem Jerome Simpson as had. I won't be impressed with Patton (or Gabbert, or Kap, or Tiller, or Dial, or most vets that I've seen in games) until they actually produce when it really counts. We've seen this before:

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/The-5-49ers-Poised-for-a-Breakout-Season-in-2015/1a9aa6c1-ef01-401b-a089-1a09e04be52f

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/Niners-Patton-Says-Third-Year-Will-be-His-Best-305176721.html

I am very much rooting for these guys. I DO believe the coaching at that position is the best it's been since the Mariucci era.

This.

I want them to do better, but wanting and believing after what we have seen, are two very different things.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

1) Patton

2) Smith

3)

4)

Callate la pinche boca

ulol.. gago..

I'm excited to see what he can do with more opportunities and most likely as a starter. When he's in the field he looks pretty good but our passing/receiving play calling has been atrocious for a long time. Crabtree and Boldin both had 1000 yard receiving seasons but that was more on them than play calling.
Originally posted by mojave45:

1) Patton

2) Smith

3)

4)

lol patton sucks

REPORTED:

Wide receivers As mentioned, Torrey Smith returned to the practice field after a day off with a minor knee injury. Grant Cohn feels that Quinton Patton has been the team's best wide receiver on the field over the past two days and that he seemed like a lock to start opposite Smith against the Los Angeles Rams during Week 1.

"Beat Keith Reaser with a post route for a long catch on the first play of 7 on 7s," reports Cohn. Matt Barrows agreed with that assessment. Cohn feels that WR DiAndre Campbell and Colin Kaepernick have good chemistry as the two connected three times today.

Campbell had a team-high four catches during practice. Cohn was not impressed with DeAndre Smelter calling him "slow." He couldn't get close enough to a long pass from Gabbert against CB Rashard Robinson, who looked as though he wasn't giving 100 percent on the play.

"Seems unable to get open deep or make contested catches downfield," Cohn said of Smelter regarding today's practice. -

See more at: http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/95822-august-training-notes-tartt-smith-return-practice-better/#sthash.4SLiAToj.dpuf

..as for DARKO, BE NICE and try not to hurt yourself by thinking who you think is going to be our 1st four WR after camp..

Patton looks good every TC. The problem is he disappears during games - the same problem Jerome Simpson as had. I won't be impressed with Patton (or Gabbert, or Kap, or Tiller, or Dial, or most vets that I've seen in games) until they actually produce when it really counts. We've seen this before:

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/The-5-49ers-Poised-for-a-Breakout-Season-in-2015/1a9aa6c1-ef01-401b-a089-1a09e04be52f

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/Niners-Patton-Says-Third-Year-Will-be-His-Best-305176721.html

I am very much rooting for these guys. I DO believe the coaching at that position is the best it's been since the Mariucci era.

This.

I want them to do better, but wanting and believing after what we have seen, are two very different things.

The bold scares me. If he was running out of the slot I'd feel fine but outside, he gets abused in press. Maybe facing our press CB's he's gotten better and better but I'm highly skeptical. He's just not the leaper, the big-bodied WR who can take the pounding, block for WR screens, take hits over the middle, slants, etc. He's great in space but getting him space on the outside is going to be difficult esp. in the NFCW. It's like putting Brandon Lloyd out there against Seattle.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
U see, it is NO secret that we just don't have THAT #1 WR... and until we find out, our QB has gotta play as well as Russell Wilson in order to have a chance in this conference..
Originally posted by NCommand:

1) Patton

2) Smith

3)

4)

lol patton sucks

REPORTED:

This.

The bold scares me. If he was running out of the slot I'd feel fine but outside, he gets abused in press. Maybe facing our press CB's he's gotten better and better but I'm highly skeptical. He's just not the leaper, the big-bodied WR who can take the pounding, block for WR screens, take hits over the middle, slants, etc. He's great in space but getting him space on the outside is going to be difficult esp. in the NFCW. It's like putting Brandon Lloyd out there against Seattle.

I'd like to think Chip is putting Patton in a position to succeed and he's gotten craftier&abetted at his weaknesses. Emphasizing on the things he does well and motioning him a lot.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by NCommand:

1) Patton

2) Smith

3)

4)

lol patton sucks

REPORTED:

This.

I'd like to think Chip is putting Patton in a position to succeed and he's gotten craftier&abetted at his weaknesses. Emphasizing on the things he does well and motioning him a lot.

he was a better dancer than WR and he wasn't very good at dancing

lets hope he has improved
Share 49ersWebzone