LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 429 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LVJay:
I [was] a huge supporter at one point, but there's a lot of competition right now so, we'll see if he can outshine someone to be #3 WR, he's not gonna beat out Torrey or ER...

What has Rogers done in the NFL to guarantee that? Rogers might turn out to be a tremendous receiver and if he did that would be wonderful because would add much more stability to the WR position but I'm not buying in after just a week of OTA's. The list of past "OTA superstars" that went on to do nothing of note is quite lengthy. Last year at this time it was DeAndrew White who had people thinking he was a lock to be one of the top 3 WR's on the roster.

Nobody has done enough to guarantee anything and no one's asking anyone to buy into anything.

About the bold, that was last year about some rookie out of college... who is calling ER a lock besides me? It's just my opinion. He looked awesome in that (other) league and Chippy thought so too / thinks highly of him.

So far, he looks better than the rest, no worries tho, like you said, it's just the first week (actually the 2nd now) of OTAs
Originally posted by Homer:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
lol okay you must have hated T.O as well

Even TO had enough of a clue to keep his head down and grind in his early years before he became annoying. Owens ran the hill with Jerry Rice. Patton ran unconscious women out of Ricardo Lockettes apartment.

Originally posted by Homer:
lol okay you must have hated T.O as well

Even TO had enough of a clue to keep his head down and grind in his early years before he became annoying. Owens ran the hill with Jerry Rice. Patton ran unconscious women out of Ricardo Lockettes apartment.

I don't think anyone questions Patton's work ethic... everything I've read says he puts his time in and wants to win. If you don't like him because he jokes around with teammates that's fine.
Needs to be fed the ball in the redzone more so we can see that epic TD dance again.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Originally posted by thl408:
Mesh concept versus Cover1 blitz
+41

Man this was a Beautiful Play! I thought he was gone!! Dude probably was so shocked he had that much space that he didn't know what to do lol. QP played a hell of a game and needs more reps and oppertunities. Go Gabs Go Gabs.

Beautiful pass and catch. Patton cut back way too soon. He should have run at the last defender and juked him as he approached, not 10 yards away. It's makes his cut too long and curved, allowing the pursuit to catch him. Another kind of bonehead play.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
+41

Man this was a Beautiful Play! I thought he was gone!! Dude probably was so shocked he had that much space that he didn't know what to do lol. QP played a hell of a game and needs more reps and oppertunities. Go Gabs Go Gabs.

Beautiful pass and catch. Patton cut back way too soon. He should have run at the last defender and juked him as he approached, not 10 yards away. It's makes his cut too long and curved, allowing the pursuit to catch him. Another kind of bonehead play.

Lol yeah that was just a boneheaded play...Jesus +40 yard play and he's a boneheaded? How about the WR he got behind makes a good block?
Todays OTA's

5. It was a rough day for 49ers receiver Quinton Patton, who had multiple catchable passes glance off his hands during 7-on-7 and team drills. Bruce Ellington got off to a very good start, showing the best burst among the team's wide receivers while hauling in three passes from Blaine Gabbert. But Ellington's day ended with two drops. DeAndre Smelter, who is apparently managing a leg issue, rode a stationary bike at the beginning of practice.
QP sux dic
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by LVJay:
I [was] a huge supporter at one point, but there's a lot of competition right now so, we'll see if he can outshine someone to be #3 WR, he's not gonna beat out Torrey or ER...

What has Rogers done in the NFL to guarantee that? Rogers might turn out to be a tremendous receiver and if he did that would be wonderful because would add much more stability to the WR position but I'm not buying in after just a week of OTA's. The list of past "OTA superstars" that went on to do nothing of note is quite lengthy. Last year at this time it was DeAndrew White who had people thinking he was a lock to be one of the top 3 WR's on the roster.

Even though it was with the CFL-playing time and experience is valuable in a players growth. since Kelly has taken a shine, more likely to trust that -what happened prior a another time and place and regime. Some of those that shined and did nothing, we have since learned that while they did in preseason games, we did not know the whole picture which was the TC which reporters did not get to see.

Which is more than Patton who I am just not feeling it. rooted for the guy, but feel he just may not be the guy for us or just does not fit us...
[ Edited by WildBill on Jun 2, 2016 at 3:38 PM ]
This dude is below average at best. It's time for a younger hungrier Wideout to take this guys roster spot.

All he is good for is his corny celebrations when ever he scores N thats not often.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
LAST HURRAH!!

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
This dude is below average at best. It's time for a younger hungrier Wideout to take this guys roster spot.

All he is good for is his corny celebrations when ever he scores N thats not often.

Smelter
Anderson
Rogers
Burbridge
Cajuste
etc

would rather see any of these guys play over him
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
+41

Lol yeah that was just a boneheaded play...Jesus +40 yard play and he's a boneheaded? How about the WR he got behind makes a good block?
Then four other guys would have tackled him.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Smelter
Anderson
Rogers
Burbridge
Cajuste
etc

Ummmmm......none of those guys even have a snap of experience in an NFL game.
Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Smelter
Anderson
Rogers
Burbridge
Cajuste
etc

Ummmmm......none of those guys even have a snap of experience in an NFL game.

So no bad habits yet
Share 49ersWebzone