The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:

Arnaz Battle 2.0

video?
Yeah he needs to knock this s**t off. Grow up.

He is always getting penalized and it ruins any good play he makes.

lol tea bagging a guy that he only beat because he cheated? You stay classy QP.

I thought for sure he was going to get flagged for that. I still like the dude, I think he will be a stud if they let him go. Probably a good WR3.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
the guy at any other team with a LEGIT QB would be as good as Antonio Brown and the Giant's Beckham.
  • thl408
Originally posted by 9moon:
the guy at any other team with a LEGIT QB would be as good as Antonio Brown and the Giant's Beckham.
That's crazy talk. Brown is a very precise route runner with excellent body control. Beckham is always the most agile player on the field. Patton is good with the ball in his hands, but can't consistently shake man to man coverage.

Originally posted by SJniner7:
I thought for sure he was going to get flagged for that. I still like the dude, I think he will be a stud if they let him go. Probably a good WR3.

He'll be out of the league in 3 years. Just another crappy Baalke draft pick.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:

Arnaz Battle 2.0

video?
Yeah he needs to knock this s**t off. Grow up.

He is always getting penalized and it ruins any good play he makes.

Yeah. I'm surprised he's getting away with all this stupid s**t.

he is only playing because simpson couldnt catch aids if he was shanked by a used needle from charlie sheen, and bruce is made of glass.

oh dear
Patton is one of the few guys thats actually looked like he wants to be out there all season. He gets a bit too hyped at times but is always looking to make a play, whether its a catch or laying out a linebacker while blocking for Gabbert. I wish more guys on the team had his sort of heart.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Patton is one of the few guys thats actually looked like he wants to be out there all season. He gets a bit too hyped at times but is always looking to make a play, whether its a catch or laying out a linebacker while blocking for Gabbert. I wish more guys on the team had his sort of heart.

This. I couldn't ever imagine Patton saying some crap like "I lost my love for the game." He showed me what he was about when he flew out to California his first year too soon. And in three seasons, we have yet to capitalize on that energy Quinton Patton is full of.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
That's crazy talk. Brown is a very precise route runner with excellent body control. Beckham is always the most agile player on the field. Patton is good with the ball in his hands, but can't consistently shake man to man coverage.

When you (as a player) has a team like Pittsburgh, and the Giants, you can't help but work your way to become a better player.. .Patton for years has shown flashes of greatness, but because of stupid move by managements, he's yet to develope.

Had Brown been here for the last 3 years, the guy woulda been cut by now... and had we drafted Beckham 2 years ago, he'll only be where Patton is right now..and that's..

"UNDER DEVELOPE"

• thl408

When you (as a player) has a team like Pittsburgh, and the Giants, you can't help but work your way to become a better player.. .Patton for years has shown flashes of greatness, but because of stupid move by managements, he's yet to develope.

Had Brown been here for the last 3 years, the guy woulda been cut by now... and had we drafted Beckham 2 years ago, he'll only be where Patton is right now..and that's..

"UNDER DEVELOPE"
I read it as hyperbole when you say that, "Patton for years has shown flashes of greatness". I see him struggle to get separation against man coverage which points to poor route running. ABrown's body control is superb and OBJ is lightning in a bottle. To compare Patton to ABrown and OBJ is ridiculous. You are disrespecting what ABrown and OBJ can do. Think what you want though.
I read it as hyperbole when you say that, "Patton for years has shown flashes of greatness". I see him struggle to get separation against man coverage which points to poor route running. ABrown's body control is superb and OBJ is lightning in a bottle. To compare Patton to ABrown and OBJ is ridiculous. You are disrespecting what ABrown and OBJ can do. Think what you want though.
Let's say it in different words:
it could have been the case that none of these two would perform on the same level if they had landed here compared to their situations now.

"UNDER DEVELOPE"

dont bother thl, 9moon owes me 50 bucks cause he bet glenn dorsey would get 13 sacks this year. He also said gabbert was going to be the next kurt warner.
[ Edited by philosoraptor on Dec 16, 2015 at 10:45 AM ]
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
he is only playing because simpson couldnt catch aids if he was shanked by a used needle from charlie sheen, and bruce is made of glass.

Dude deserves every second on the field. He has shown tremendous dedication to the team. Never playing without passion and never quits when things are tough. At least from what i've seen. He is doing a lot of things that don't show up on the stat sheet. I think we should fix O-line and QB before we start talking about giving up on this guy.
[ Edited by jvangeystel on Dec 16, 2015 at 6:26 PM ]

Isn't Route Running something that can be coached up though?
Share 49ersWebzone