LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 311 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sacniner:
Kid has heart, but nothing "special" or elite to make him a solid 3rd WR. He doesnt have above average size or speed. I don't think his hands are above average and I've heard he is not that good of a route runner. I like the kid, but I don't see him having a future with us past this year if he even makes the roster... I think he will because of Simpson's suspension.

I remember reading somewhere that he had the absolute best hands coming out of college ... #1. Not even sure how you would measure that ... drops I suppose. I went to go look at his draft profile to see if it was mentioned. It was not mentioned, but here is the profile.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/quinton-patton?id=2539250
He needs a big showing. That #3 spot is wide open for him to take.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Kid has heart, but nothing "special" or elite to make him a solid 3rd WR. He doesnt have above average size or speed. I don't think his hands are above average and I've heard he is not that good of a route runner. I like the kid, but I don't see him having a future with us past this year if he even makes the roster... I think he will because of Simpson's suspension.

I remember reading somewhere that he had the absolute best hands coming out of college ... #1. Not even sure how you would measure that ... drops I suppose. I went to go look at his draft profile to see if it was mentioned. It was not mentioned, but here is the profile.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/quinton-patton?id=2539250

He has elite level short area quickness. Look at his 20 yard shuttle.
We are so screwed with this guy being the 3rd wild out by default. so far he has been out there with 2nd and 3rd team defenses and all he has to show for it is a failed Gale Sayers impersonation...
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

His hands are fantastic, the lowest drop rate of any WR when he was entering the draft, you dont suddenly forget how to catch the ball.

I think his issues are much the same as the other younger WR's, complete lack of opportunity. It was midway through the 3rd quarter before this team even had their 10th passing target. None of the receivers are getting any real chances right now, difficult to see what you have without actually giving guys enough targets. When guys don't get targets, they start trying to force stuff and create plays when there is nothing there.

Maybe the coaching staff is sold on which WR's will go where but its still nice to build some consistency in the passing game before the regular season, its clear that this team will be able to run the ball, not so clear that they'll be able to pass block or pass the ball, yet again.

Call me crazy but maybe there should be more of an emphasis on that in these coming games. To their credit, the Cards have done a fantastic job of having balance on offense in the preseason, getting their young RB's as well as young receivers like JJ Nelson imvolved.
His problem is he struggles to get open and He doesn't create separation. He'll get cut once Simpson comes back.
Yup. Still isn't very good and now being dumb with the ball.

He's only getting a spot this year because we are low at WR and one of our starters is on medicare.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Yup. Still isn't very good and now being dumb with the ball.

He's only getting a spot this year because we are low at WR and one of our starters is on medicare.

Exactly. Nevermind the fact that he ALSO didn't get out of bounds right before half time after he caught the bubble screen. You could see Tomsula yelling at him for screwing that up too!
we should be rolling the dice on bigger WRs in the future, not mini catch radius guys like Patton.

give me catch radius!!!!!!!!!
I hope once Simpson returns we can finally cut this turd. Shows no consistency whatsover.

We have better prospects on the P.S. / IR / NFI Dres Anderson, DiAndre Campbell & Deandre Smelter
  • evil
  • Veteran
http://streamable.com/7qet

Lol at QP.

Originally posted by KRS-1:
http://streamable.com/7qet

Lol at QP.

Should put this in Madden
Time to take the training wheels off and get this guy worked into the offense, as well as Torrey Smith.
WHY THE HELL DOES THIS GUY STILL HAVE A JOB?????
Over him. When Simpson comes back we can cut him.
Share 49ersWebzone