LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Really looking forward to watching him develop and become a weapon.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Simply put, the ceiling for Quinton Patton is very high if given the chance and the floor ain't bad either. But again, he must be given the chance. I personally am going to LOVE watching both Patton and Ellington go to work on DBs this year. I also give us a slight advantage for the first few games because no one has really seen what these guys can do at a pro level.

I've already seen more out of Patton as a receiver than I ever saw out of Kyle Williams. It's not saying much, but the fact is, the talent is there.

agree, and do not get me started on how disgraceful it was not to develop those two last year. thank god we actually have a wide out coach this year. i do not blame the team for not drafting a wide out for this year. with the two solid starters , the two kids and maybe a pleasant surprise in simpson i feel we are just fine. Plus we actually plan to use our running backs as pass catchers, maybe even reggie has a wide out at time. i would take reggie deep a few times this year as compared to miller deep. that is not even mentioning the surplus of guys who may not make the team but will afford us the luxury of resting smith and boldin in pre season a bit. who knows, maybe we will find a gem
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i will step up and say i was the number one fan of marlon moore
Originally posted by cciowa:
agree, and do not get me started on how disgraceful it was not to develop those two last year. thank god we actually have a wide out coach this year. i do not blame the team for not drafting a wide out for this year. with the two solid starters , the two kids and maybe a pleasant surprise in simpson i feel we are just fine. Plus we actually plan to use our running backs as pass catchers, maybe even reggie has a wide out at time. i would take reggie deep a few times this year as compared to miller deep. that is not even mentioning the surplus of guys who may not make the team but will afford us the luxury of resting smith and boldin in pre season a bit. who knows, maybe we will find a gem

Right. Why even draft him if we are not going to use him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:

Right. Why even draft him if we are not going to use him.
we would have to ask people who , thank god, are no longer here

Hopefully your wrong about your son.

Oh dear that is troubling
I can see Patton having a big year if given the chance, he seems to think he was underutilized by Harbaugh and co which I don't disagree with.
  • thl408
After I finish up with Ward, I'm going to take a look at how Patton runs his routes. The guy is electric with the ball in his hands. Curious to see if I can tell anything about his route running on film.
Originally posted by thl408:
After I finish up with Ward, I'm going to take a look at how Patton runs his routes. The guy is electric with the ball in his hands. Curious to see if I can tell anything about his route running on film.

WHo have you done out of the young guys? Little off topic.

But out of the tiny but I've watched patton he reminds me of a slot receiver.

• thl408
Originally posted by philosoraptor:

WHo have you done out of the young guys? Little off topic.

But out of the tiny but I've watched patton he reminds me of a slot receiver.

I've only done Ward. Curious to see how Patton, Dial, and Tank did this past season, but it's not easy watching one player from the all22 camera. It's such a wide (far) camera angle, and the way the cameraman in Levi's films it, it's even farther when compared to other venues.

If Patton is going for the slot WR position, he will have to contend with Boldin who has slid into the slot in 3WR sets. Even StevieJ, who played the slot in BUF, played the outside when he came into the game so that Boldin can take the slot. Of course, things can change with the new coaches.

Perfect...Dial would be nice but then again, he was playing out of position at NT even though he's a primary DE. Tank would be another good one.

BTW, I really like when they use Ellington out of the backfield (handoff - pass).
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 21, 2015 at 2:23 PM ]
I think both Patton and Ellington can be impact players if given enough game experience and proper coaching

I'm interested in seeing your assessment on Ward
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Gonna get cut this training camp.

#Baalke'sBusts
Share 49ersWebzone