LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Kind of sad that some of us are more excited about our 4th round receiver than our 1st last year

I'm still excited about Jenkins, if you saw the kind of player he was at Illinois, that talent just doesn't vanish, I'm chalking up last year to him not being utilized early on and not having prepared himself properly to step in late. If he can step up and perform this year the way he's capable of, people will give him a pass on his rookie season. Ultimately he can become this team's very badly needed deep threat. The talent is there, the desire portion, that's up to AJ Jenkins.

Remember Crabtree his rookie year? How many passes did he slap into the air to get picked off? There is an adjustment period in the NFL for WR's

That was more his second year
This guy screams cancer/room divider and character issues. I did not like this pick at all.
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
This guy screams cancer/room divider and character issues. I did not like this pick at all.

The only thing that screams that are the voices in your own head. If you're going to make a comment, don't just make random s**t up about a player you know nothing about.

Patton's about as far from a locker room cancer as it gets. As far as character issues, that's true only if you consider being a team leader, a hard worker, being heavily involved in charities and being well liked by coaches and other players alike as character flaws.

Former La Vergne football coach Will Hester has remained in contact with Patton over the years. Patton spoke to Hester's new team at Ravenwood prior to the NFL Draft."Quinton is still the greatest practice player that I've ever coached," Hester said. "He was always the first out to practice, grinning from ear to ear. He'd want to do everything, from punt to play quarterback.

He loved being out there."Hester said Patton's commitment in college to get a chance after junior college is a tribute to his mother."She made sure he did the right things," Hester said.Patton will join big-name receivers Michael Crabtree and Anquan Boldin with the 49ers, who aren't expected to re-sign free agent Randy Moss.

Patton made 104 catches for 1,392 yards and 13 touchdowns as a senior at Louisiana Tech."I'm open to whatever they need me to do," Patton said. "I'm trying to make an immediate impact on my team in the best way I can … an ultimate team player and ultimate competitor out there on the field. It doesn't matter what it is, we'll just do it."

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130427/SPORTS01/130427008/Nashville-s-Quinton-Patton-drafted-by-San-Francisco-49ers

OH NO, the 49ers drafted a kid that loves to play football, is a hard worker and will do whatever the team asks........oh noes.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 1, 2013 at 7:58 PM ]

The only thing that screams that are the voices in your own head. If you're going to make a comment, don't just make random s**t up about a player you know nothing about.

Patton's about as far from a locker room cancer as it gets. As far as character issues, that's true only if you consider being a team leader, a hard worker, being heavily involved in charities and being well liked by coaches and other players alike as character flaws.

Wow, seriously? Patton is one of the highest character players in this draft. Any such notion of him being a "room divider" is absolutely ludicrous. Are you kidding me?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Wow, seriously? Patton is one of the highest character players in this draft. Any such notion of him being a "room divider" is absolutely ludicrous. Are you kidding me?

Its okay if someone don't like a player, we all have the right to our own opinion, but I hate it when people make up random b******t that they pulled out of their own rear end.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on May 1, 2013 at 8:01 PM ]

Former La Vergne football coach Will Hester has remained in contact with Patton over the years. Patton spoke to Hester's new team at Ravenwood prior to the NFL Draft."Quinton is still the greatest practice player that I've ever coached," Hester said. "He was always the first out to practice, grinning from ear to ear. He'd want to do everything, from punt to play quarterback.

He loved being out there."Hester said Patton's commitment in college to get a chance after junior college is a tribute to his mother."She made sure he did the right things," Hester said.Patton will join big-name receivers Michael Crabtree and Anquan Boldin with the 49ers, who aren't expected to re-sign free agent Randy Moss.

Patton made 104 catches for 1,392 yards and 13 touchdowns as a senior at Louisiana Tech."I'm open to whatever they need me to do," Patton said. "I'm trying to make an immediate impact on my team in the best way I can … an ultimate team player and ultimate competitor out there on the field. It doesn't matter what it is, we'll just do it."

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130427/SPORTS01/130427008/Nashville-s-Quinton-Patton-drafted-by-San-Francisco-49ers

OH NO, the 49ers drafted a kid that loves to play football, is a hard worker and will do whatever the team asks........oh noes.

Yeah, the greatest practice player ever, but what's he like on gameday, hotshot?!

SEASON REC YDS AVG LNG TD ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
2011 79 1202 15.2 90 11 10 42 4.2 9 0
2012 104 1392 13.4 79 13 1 -5 -5.0 0 0

Oh, wait...
He will change your mind just you wait. This guy is full of himself and you will all figure it out soon.
Kind of sad that some of us are more excited about our 4th round receiver than our 1st last year

I'm still excited about Jenkins, if you saw the kind of player he was at Illinois, that talent just doesn't vanish, I'm chalking up last year to him not being utilized early on and not having prepared himself properly to step in late. If he can step up and perform this year the way he's capable of, people will give him a pass on his rookie season. Ultimately he can become this team's very badly needed deep threat. The talent is there, the desire portion, that's up to AJ Jenkins.

I am too. You can't teach speed, and he has plenty of it. People need to realize that everyone can't just produce right away, some people still need a little tuning up before fully taking on the job. I really hope he becomes our no. 2 across Crabtree and Patton becomes our slot guy.
He will change your mind just you wait. This guy is full of himself and you will all figure it out soon.

Dude, if you're going to be smoking funny stuff, you should bring enough to share with the rest of us.

A group of Louisiana Tech players took their community service event to another level Monday as they gave their bowl gifts to kids involved in the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Wide receiver Quinton Patton and linebacker Adrien Cole both donated their Best Buy gift cards (a $300 value) and Cole gave his Tourneau Poinsettia Bowl watch (a $97 value) during the Poinsettia Bowl's Make-A-Wish Foundation event.

"They're just material things," Cole said. "They need it more than I do."

Players from both Louisiana Tech and TCU were attending the community service event in San Diego as a part of the events leading up to the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl on Dec. 21.

A representative for the bowl said that he could not recall any player ever doing that in the history of the bowl.
http://www.wistv.com/story/16358226/louisiana-tech-players-give-bowl-gifts-to-make-a-wish-foundation-kids?clienttype=printable

You're right, he's clearly a dick.

Dude, if you're going to be smoking funny stuff, you should bring enough to share with the rest of us.

A group of Louisiana Tech players took their community service event to another level Monday as they gave their bowl gifts to kids involved in the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Wide receiver Quinton Patton and linebacker Adrien Cole both donated their Best Buy gift cards (a $300 value) and Cole gave his Tourneau Poinsettia Bowl watch (a $97 value) during the Poinsettia Bowl's Make-A-Wish Foundation event.

"They're just material things," Cole said. "They need it more than I do."

Players from both Louisiana Tech and TCU were attending the community service event in San Diego as a part of the events leading up to the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl on Dec. 21.

A representative for the bowl said that he could not recall any player ever doing that in the history of the bowl.
http://www.wistv.com/story/16358226/louisiana-tech-players-give-bowl-gifts-to-make-a-wish-foundation-kids?clienttype=printable

You're right, he's clearly a dick.

ever heard of money laundering? clearly there is an alterior motive. one does not simply give away their money for free.

Just curious - what are you basing this on? What article or report did you read to make you feel this way? I can't tell if you're serious or pulling a fast one.
[ Edited by olapac on May 1, 2013 at 8:38 PM ]
ever heard of money laundering? clearly there is an alterior motive. one does not simply give away their money for free.

link??

link??

intuition
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Share 49ersWebzone