There are 183 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Still boggles my mind how Kaepernick could have pretty much gone anywhere but to Crabtree and would have had significantly better odds of success.

Kap made the best read possible. No other option made any sense whatsoever. He had pressure in his face, so he didn't have time to scan the field to find Patton on the left or let another route develop.

He could have scrambled around maybe, but this is pushing the 20/20 hindsight beyond it's limits, and the hindsight police are already really pushing it.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Aug 28, 2014 at 11:53 PM ]
kap has trust in crab. its that simple I think
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Still boggles my mind how Kaepernick could have pretty much gone anywhere but to Crabtree and would have had significantly better odds of success.

Kap made the best read possible. No other option made any sense whatsoever. He had pressure in his face, so he didn't have time to scan the field to find Patton on the left or let another route develop.

He could have scrambled around maybe, but this is pushing the 20/20 hindsight beyond it's limits, and the hindsight police are already really pushing it.

He pretty much had a clean pocket, he was going to Crabs on that play from the start no matter what.
Originally posted by Jcool:

He pretty much had a clean pocket, he was going to Crabs on that play from the start no matter what.

Can you not see Avril about to tackle him? Avril got there in about 1.5 seconds.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

Can you not see Avril about to tackle him? Avril got there in about 1.5 seconds.

First he did not get there in 1.5 seconds. Second he looks no where but in Crabs direction.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
double post.
[ Edited by Jcool on Aug 29, 2014 at 12:03 AM ]
it did seem kinda silly to force the ball to crabs seeing that he wasnt back to full strength , was being covered by one of the best in the game. and oh yeah. patton was wide open. but i still dont think there is one thing he does as a WR that one of our other guys cant do better...
Originally posted by outside4949:
crab boldin stevie ellington Lloyd. are all better than patton. I don't know if patton gets cut but he probably wont dress on sundays.imo

I won't go so far as to say Ellington is a better receiver right now. He's just a different receiver. When I see Patton, I see a smaller version of Crabtree. The guy runs good routes and has made a couple of big catches in very limited action (in the regular season no less). Ellington just brings an element to the 49ers that is different than what any of the other receivers have at the present time. I don't get why people are making this some kind of hierarchal thing or making it seem like Patton is now somehow expendable. The two skill sets complement each other and should finally put to rest this notion that Baalke can't draft receivers. I feel really good that in 2016 when Boldin is gone we have two young, but experienced guys that will be ready to step up to the plate.
1st and 10 with 2 timeouts is what killed me. There was at least 2 more plays there.
The play call was to go to Crabtree with that look on. Kap and coach already said it. Problem is that it was a bad call and a poor decision by Kap. Kap has a playmaker mentality just like Favre but I would have called a safer play as OC and if I had to jam a pass into a WR well this is what Boldin is for. Was a stupid play and a poor decision to release that pass under that type of duress. We bailed SEA out there for sure. Also Crabtree should have pass interfered with Sherman there. You can't stand there and allow Sherman to make that play but that said the play happened very quickly. Sherman made a great play!

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

sherman got into his head, period. U know he was thinking, "Man, how sweet it would be to win the game by tossing a TD over that piece of s**t" .
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
1st and 10 with 2 timeouts is what killed me. There was at least 2 more plays there.

So this, the f**k was he thinking? You hit Patton he picks up a few yds and goes out of bounds and at least takes 8 secs off the clock and with 2 timeouts we can even pound the ball. Play action, the read option or a boot leg would've been great to run especially with the hawks aggressiveness
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
sherman got into his head, period. U know he was thinking, "Man, how sweet it would be to win the game by tossing a TD over that piece of s**t" .
Could be true but Crabtree needed to make that play with a Mike Irvin pushoff
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

agree. poorly thrown ball too. Like u said, he's a gun slinger. It's the reason he makes some of the plays we love, but also the reason he makes some of the plays that kill us. Had he played it smart instead, #6.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Aug 29, 2014 at 5:36 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

agree. poorly thrown ball too. Like u said, he's a gun slinger. It's the reason he makes some of the plays we love, but also the reason we make some of the plays that kill us. Had he played it smart instead, #6.
Share 49ersWebzone