There are 201 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
I'm starting to think Patton is an injury bust. This dude is always hurt.

What's wrong with him now?

Nobody has a clue. He came off the practice field today early with trainers. No limp.

He has a case of the Crabs.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Think since he was back at practice today...disaster averted Bobby Boucher

Yup
It's crazy that Patton and Ellington are #5 & # 6 on our depth chart. Who am I going to get rid of in madden to let them play?
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
It's crazy that Patton and Ellington are #5 & # 6 on our depth chart. Who am I going to get rid of in madden to let them play?

I hate to say it, but Boldin. Slow WRs aren't fun to play, and you know they're gonna retire him pretty early in your franchise.

edit: and Lloyd, of course. What the hell's wrong with me?
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Aug 12, 2014 at 6:58 AM ]
@CamInman #49ers Quinton Patton said he left Tuesday's practice because of stomach flu, feels healthy now
I feel in a lot of ways Quinton Patton is a forgotten man in our offense. It's possible he could play less this year than he did last season. I'm not complaining at all because having Patton as your 5 or 6 is much better than the guys we've had in previous years, but it sucks that he's another guy that is going to have to wait until 2015 to play extensively. If Crabtree is extended and Stevie Johnson is as advertised, it could even be 2016 (Boldin's deal is up by then). Hopefully Patton stays healthy, performs well enough in preseason, and takes advantage of the opportunities he has this season so the team won't feel compelled to sign a veteran like Brandon Lloyd to come in.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
@CamInman #49ers Quinton Patton said he left Tuesday's practice because of stomach flu, feels healthy now

Worked at a sports radio station; the people there who know NFL insiders always said "flu-like symptoms" usually = Hung over & sometimes VD treatment.

Just sayin'.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Aug 15, 2014 at 12:56 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Worked at a sports radio station; the people there who know NFL insiders always said "flu-like symptoms" usually = Hung over & sometimes VD treatment.

Just sayin'.

So now he jumps unnecessarily while catching, refuses to high-point a pass, and can't keep his butt crack tucked in?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I feel in a lot of ways Quinton Patton is a forgotten man in our offense. It's possible he could play less this year than he did last season. I'm not complaining at all because having Patton as your 5 or 6 is much better than the guys we've had in previous years, but it sucks that he's another guy that is going to have to wait until 2015 to play extensively. If Crabtree is extended and Stevie Johnson is as advertised, it could even be 2016 (Boldin's deal is up by then). Hopefully Patton stays healthy, performs well enough in preseason, and takes advantage of the opportunities he has this season so the team won't feel compelled to sign a veteran like Brandon Lloyd to come in.


Another reason it makes less sense to extend Crabtree.
We have to find money for Aldon Smith, Alex Boone (after he comes back), Cris Culliver and others.

I LOVE Crabtree, but I think more like a general manager on these things.
Well the GM side of the coin has to consider the fact that hey, your franchise invested a Top 10 pick in this guy when they could've taken alot of other players.

You generally DO NOT WANT these guys to walk when their rookie contracts are up; you want them to be cornerstones to your team because you dont get to choose top 10 talent every year in the draft (if you're a good team).
Originally posted by random49er:
Well the GM side of the coin has to consider the fact that hey, your franchise invested a Top 10 pick in this guy when they could've taken alot of other players.

You generally DO NOT WANT these guys to walk when their rookie contracts are up; you want them to be cornerstones to your team because you dont get to choose top 10 talent every year in the draft (if you're a good team).

At this point, it's irrelevant where he was drafted. Draft status matters early on in your career. But by the time you reach year 4 and 5, and in this case, year 6 for Crabtree, it's whether or not you fit into the longterm future of the team, not where you were drafted. If they become cornerstones of the team, great, you did well with your pick. If not or the price tag is too high, you let them walk.
I get more unimpressed by this guy by the week.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,967
He reminds me of Brandon Lloyd and not in a good way.
Wow. Some are really up and arms over a talented receiver who is literally only in his second year. The guy is essentially still a rookie after being hurt half of last season, but came on strong and made some plays later in the year. He was a 4th round pick, and has loads of potential. 49ers think quite highly of him.

Again, Patton was a rookie last year. Everybody knows that by year three, the biggest jump comes with receivers. Patton is a tough, fiery competitor who has plenty of time to improve further. Boldin isn't getting any younger. Stevie's contract gets big next year. No guarantee they stay long. Patton and Ellington both could be in line for much larger roles in the future.
Wow so the guy made a good catch and took a lick for a big first down and got up celebrating and now he's Brandon Lloyd ? Wtf is wrong with some of you?
[ Edited by DontSitOnTheHood on Aug 25, 2014 at 11:17 AM ]
...