LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea that celebrating was more than excessive. It's pre season homie

I think that was more frustration about actually being thrown a pass than celebration. He's been open quite a bit but the ball has mostly been going elsewhere. If you read all the training camp reports, he's been busting his ass but hasn't had much of an opportunity to do anything really in these games. He had a miscue in the first game on an OPI and beyond that, targets have been far and few between.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 25, 2014 at 11:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I think that was more frustration about actually being thrown a pass than celebration. He's been open quite a bit but the ball has mostly been going elsewhere.

I was scratching my head on that one as well. The only thing I could think of, was maybe he didn't like the hit that he took during the play and was showing the defender that he still caught the ball.
  • thl408
Nothing wrong with showing emotion as long as he isn't chirping at the opponent's sideline, or drawing a penalty.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Like the kid a lot but love our depth even better. If Lloyd doesn't beat out SJ for the #3, he probably won't make the team b/c we don't ever use 4 WR-sets and he can't be active b/c he doesn't play ST. That is Ellington's job and right now he's the clear #4 (utility WR, returner and now he has a chance to compete with SJ/BL for the #3 as the season progresses). So that leaves Patton on the 53 but dead last on the depth chart and inactive on game days.

This might be a tad bit premature also. I do think Patton has a good shot at the #3 WR spot as well, especially considering his familiarity with the offense which can't be said for the others. I do expect both Ellington and Patton to contribute throughout the season. I don't expect Lloyd to make the team.

- Not only did Quinton Patton enter Sunday's game well ahead of Stevie Johnson, he played more snaps than any other 49ers receiver against the Chargers – 31. Asked if Patton was the team's No. 3 receiver behind Anquan Boldin and Michael Crabtree, Jim Harbaugh said, "We don't have that yet for you, the ordering. I thought he did well."

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/08/25/6652443/snap-counts-patton-leads-wrs-snap.html
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 25, 2014 at 12:16 PM ]
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I think that was more frustration about actually being thrown a pass than celebration. He's been open quite a bit but the ball has mostly been going elsewhere. If you read all the training camp reports, he's been busting his ass but hasn't had much of an opportunity to do anything really in these games. He had a miscue in the first game on an OPI and beyond that, targets have been far and few between.

This
I really love the idea of having the four vets, but at the same time, it would only hurt the growth of guys like Patton and Ellington who have both earned the opportunity to contribute on offense. If it is true that Lloyd is ONLY willing to play for the 49ers, we should have him on speed dial in the event that we suffer any injuries at receiver. Whether we go Crabtree/Boldin/Johnson/Patton/Elllington/Osgood or Crabtree/Boldin/Johnson/Lloyd/Patton/Ellington, it's all good with me.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Anybody gotta gif of him celebrating a first down like he just scored the game winning td.
I'd be skeptical over making conclusions based on snaps play. Last year when it wasn't clear who the starting WRs would be after Boldin, Marlon Moore was the starter week 1 but barely took snaps in preseason games (i think only w/ first team)
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
I'd be skeptical over making conclusions based on snaps play. Last year when it wasn't clear who the starting WRs would be after Boldin, Marlon Moore was the starter week 1 but barely took snaps in preseason games (i think only w/ first team)

Its not just the snap count but when they played that people look at. Moore didnt play a lot of snaps but was always in early.

Both Patton and Ellington had a farkload of snaps and thats exactly what they needed.

Regardless of who ends up where, both can only benefit immensely from learning from guys like Boldin, Crabtree and Lloyd.

hopefully we keep him. lloyd is expandable and would only be here for a 1 year loan.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Wow so the guy made a good catch and took a lick for a big first down and got up celebrating and now he's Brandon Lloyd ? Wtf is wrong with some of you?

Slow down. It is my opinion that he comes across as immature similar to Lloyd when he first came into the league. That's all. We can agree to disagree.

How has be been immature? He has an insanely weird TD dance (like mostly every player and he's scored like 3x) and after ONE play gets up and flexes/raises his arms to get the crowd pumped. The team had looked like a MAC conference team playing SEC/PAC-12 teams for 2.5 games, and knew it was rubbing the fans the wrong way. I was happy to see him get up and try and get the crowd into the game.

That is definitely not on-field version of Lloyd, DJax, or any comparable player and he has had zero off-field issues. If you're calling him immature it seems as if you are trying to find a reason to not like him.
Let him have fun. I wana hear the damn crowd too.... Get Loud at the games Fellas!! Preseason or not.. New stadium, fresh out the box... Let's goooo! Too tight out there, need to loosen up...
Looked like he was calling the crowd out more than anything. Make some damn noise!

Can't believe there are people that want him cut in this thread. 2nd yr WR FFS.
If anyone acts like a fool its anquan boldin.. That dude acts like a child after every catch. Personally I don't give a damn either way but I guess people need something to complain about
Share 49ersWebzone