LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Colin Kaepernick Curse: Ricardo Lockette, AJ Jenkins, and Quinton Patton have all worked with Kap over respective summers and, well, let's see how Quinton's fate plays out....
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I remember Crabs dealing with some kind of pain/injury since he got here... Patton too
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Its why Lloyd needs to Mae the roster even though he doesn't add ST value. Our WRs never stay healthy for a full season. Hope its.minor tho.
[ Edited by Antix on Jun 3, 2014 at 9:27 PM ]
Has to be frustrating for the kid. Is it the same foot he broke?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Results from Quinton Patton's CT scan (foot) were good, league source says. WR missed Tuesday's practice after minor injury monday.
Good, now hopefully he gets on the field quickly... It would be a shame for him to fall behind.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Good, now hopefully he gets on the field quickly... It would be a shame for him to fall behind.

...again
Pre-pre season injuries are sometimes nothing more than boo-boos. Actually often times, not worried unless we hear he broke/tore something, then durability might be a concern given how he has started his career.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
No sweat, he's only nursing a hang nail........
Originally posted by LVJay:

His problem is he's buried on the depth chart. He'll have to really bust his a** to get playing time.

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by LVJay:

His problem is he's buried on the depth chart. He'll have to really bust his a** to get playing time.

Unless he absolutely kills it (and I believe he can), I doubt we'll see Patton get real playing time until 2015. Too many people in front of him with much more experience. His time will come, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't come this year.
Patton putting together a nice TC so far!!!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Patton putting together a nice TC so far!!!

He's looked good, as long as he keeps beasting out there, he'll be in the conversation for the #3 WR. The only thing that will really hold him back is an injury.

"Seen a lot of good things from Quinton Patton," 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said. "I've always seen a competitive, very competitive individual and talented. Likes to practice, likes to make tough catches, etc. He's stayed healthy this entire offseason and training camp, and he's starting to stack good practice after good practice. Consistently good. It's a great step."

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/8546/quinton-patton-making-his-mark-at-wr

Offensive Play Of The Day

Pick any of Quinton Patton's dozen or so catches.

The second-year receiver continued to "stack" another good practice on top of his previous efforts, according to Harbaugh. Patton caught 10-or-more passes with Michael Crabtree and Brandon Lloyd out of action with minor leg injuries. On one occasion, Patton ran a deep crossing route and made a tremendous grab on a pass that was thrown slightly behind his body.

The highlight of Patton's day was seeing the young receiver run every ball into the end zone. It didn't matter if it was from 20 yards out or from 60-plus yards out, Patton was running the ball into the end zone. Patton said he picked up the tip from Anquan Boldin. But you know who did that first? 49ers fans know the answer.

It was Jerry Rice. The G.O.A.T.

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Defense-Totals-5-INTs-at-Levi's®-Stadium-Practice/02c8ba0b-f00c-423a-83e0-f57148ea8ff5

The San Francisco 49ers have one talented wide receiver corp.

That means Quinton Patton is constantly battling for a job, as the wide receiver explained following the team's first ever practice at Levi's Stadium on Monday.

"Always, fighting for a roster spot. They brought in Brandon Lloyd and Stevie Johnson. Hey, more competition. Competition brings out the best in everyone."

The second-year player's focus is all on the present.

"I'm just looking forward to being out there on Thursday [against the Baltimore Ravens]. Then, the next week after that, then the next week after that. Just taking it game by game, I'm not looking all the way down the road or nothing. I'm looking at right now what I can do right now."

http://www.baysportsnet.com/quinton-patton-says-anquan-boldin-michael-crabtree-top-dogs/

The San Francisco 49ers have a ton of wide receivers. However, that hasn't stopped Quinton Patton from standing out in the crowd, as Greg Roman explained.

"He's getting a lot of reps, doing a good job. I love his work ethic," said the offensive coordinator on Tuesday right before the team broke camp for Baltimore.

"A lot of what he's doing I really like and he's able to do it day in and day out. So, he's making a very favorable impression."

After injuries limited the second-year player to just six games a season ago, the key has simply been remaining on the field during training camp.

"He's been able to stay healthy and that's the number one thing."

http://www.baysportsnet.com/greg-roman-quinton-patton-making-favorable-impression/
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 5, 2014 at 2:39 PM ]
I liked Patton immediately., when I tried to report the day after being drafted The guy was rated with the best hands coming out college, and that is a great place to start for a skill player. You can never count on the Romanian to use all his weapons right. but I think Patton is going to be a big time baller, if given the chance.
He's having such a good camp I am afraid of him getting hurt.
Share 49ersWebzone