There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Originally posted by Buchy:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Needs to run with Rice


Um this whole "run the hill with Jerry Rice" thing is getting a bit over-rated. He's not going to be sprinkled with magical fairy dust, drink unicorn blood and become Superman if he runs that hill once or twice wih Rice.

If he runs it every morning he might get raped by a unicorn and get magical powers.
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Don't use a 3rd WR (unless his name is FB Bruce Miller). We'll throw Patton a bones a game over at the X but that's about it. And we don't use guys like KW or Patton inside at the slot/Y.

We may, depending on how the offense and Kaepernick develop in the offseason. Don't forget, the first few games of the season the Niners were a pass heavy team until it blew up in their face. I wouldn't be surprised to see them open it up a bit more this year now that Crabtree's back, Boldin is signed, and Patton has a year under his belt.

the continuity should open things up
I feel like Patton is slowly becoming the forgotten man. Everybody is saying we need a receiver but we barely utilize the talent that we have. The guy is a baller but we rarely go into 3WR formations so drafting another guy to come in wont push another receiver to the bench. Its gonna have to be earned.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Buchy:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Needs to run with Rice


Um this whole "run the hill with Jerry Rice" thing is getting a bit over-rated. He's not going to be sprinkled with magical fairy dust, drink unicorn blood and become Superman if he runs that hill once or twice wih Rice.

If he runs it every morning he might get raped by a unicorn and get magical powers.

LMAO
  • obx49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,157
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Buchy:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Needs to run with Rice


Um this whole "run the hill with Jerry Rice" thing is getting a bit over-rated. He's not going to be sprinkled with magical fairy dust, drink unicorn blood and become Superman if he runs that hill once or twice wih Rice.

If he runs it every morning he might get raped by a unicorn and get magical powers.

...and fart rainbows.
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Buchy:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Needs to run with Rice


Um this whole "run the hill with Jerry Rice" thing is getting a bit over-rated. He's not going to be sprinkled with magical fairy dust, drink unicorn blood and become Superman if he runs that hill once or twice wih Rice.

If he runs it every morning he might get raped by a unicorn and get magical powers.

...and fart rainbows.

you mean driving a Prius
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,240
so tired of the hill and jerry rice
Originally posted by cciowa:
so tired of the hill and jerry rice

the narrative would change if Anquan, Michael, and Vernon all did it... it would be the best workout ever!
I expect good things this coming year of this guy....
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Don't use a 3rd WR (unless his name is FB Bruce Miller). We'll throw Patton a bones a game over at the X but that's about it. And we don't use guys like KW or Patton inside at the slot/Y.

We may, depending on how the offense and Kaepernick develop in the offseason. Don't forget, the first few games of the season the Niners were a pass heavy team until it blew up in their face. I wouldn't be surprised to see them open it up a bit more this year now that Crabtree's back, Boldin is signed, and Patton has a year under his belt.

the continuity should open things up

Looking at the past 10 years of Harbaugh's offense, I highly doubt he changes his philosophy now just to get a 3rd WR some more snaps. Maybe they will split some of the snaps with Boldin/Crabtree to ensure Patton gets a few more reps this year but as far as a consistent slot/Y WR who's on the field on a regular basis, I highly doubt it.

But we can all dream, right?
Originally posted by martysofresh:
I feel like Patton is slowly becoming the forgotten man. Everybody is saying we need a receiver but we barely utilize the talent that we have. The guy is a baller but we rarely go into 3WR formations so drafting another guy to come in wont push another receiver to the bench. Its gonna have to be earned.

It's true...stats show how little we go to a 3 or 3+ WR set. Often times, even when we go 3-5 receivers, only 2 of them are WR's.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 7, 2014 at 10:45 AM ]
Unfortunately for Patton Boldin,Crabtree,Davis will get the bulk of the receptions but the good news is. Since they draw so much attention it's going to leave Patton single covered or open to make a lot of big plays. Patton will have under 50 receptions is my guess but when he does get his chances i think they will be for nice gains with the defense forgetting about him and leaving him alone.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
I feel like Patton is slowly becoming the forgotten man. Everybody is saying we need a receiver but we barely utilize the talent that we have. The guy is a baller but we rarely go into 3WR formations so drafting another guy to come in wont push another receiver to the bench. Its gonna have to be earned.

hes not really forgotten, but you're right in terms of us not trotting out 3 wrs at once very often. boldin is old and has a year or two left, crabtree could be entering his final season with us and baldwin just is what he is probably at this point. this whole we need a wr thing is as much if not more about future seasons then it is about this upcoming one.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
I feel like Patton is slowly becoming the forgotten man. Everybody is saying we need a receiver but we barely utilize the talent that we have. The guy is a baller but we rarely go into 3WR formations so drafting another guy to come in wont push another receiver to the bench. Its gonna have to be earned.

He lost time to 2 different injuries at 2 different times last year. That slowed his progression, IMO. He'll get another shot this year.

Originally posted by 80849er4life:
I expect good things this coming year of this guy....

wash your hair
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by martysofresh:
I feel like Patton is slowly becoming the forgotten man. Everybody is saying we need a receiver but we barely utilize the talent that we have. The guy is a baller but we rarely go into 3WR formations so drafting another guy to come in wont push another receiver to the bench. Its gonna have to be earned.

He lost time to 2 different injuries at 2 different times last year. That slowed his progression, IMO. He'll get another shot this year.

Originally posted by 80849er4life:
I expect good things this coming year of this guy....

wash your hair
Brush your teeth