There are 222 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
If he runs it every morning he might get raped by a unicorn and get magical powers.

LMFAO
With all of the hype on the draft boards, I do believe many of us are overlooking Quinton Patton. I would not consider it a disappointment at all if Patton is #3 on our depth chart at the start of the season. I like what I saw from him in college and I liked the little bit we got to see in 2013. I'm hoping if he does indeed end up as our number 3 receiver next year that our offensive philosophy will change and we use more 3, 4, and 5 receiver sets (the 5th can be another receiver or just line Vernon Davis up at receiver). We will have the talent after the 2014 draft to be proficient in both running and passing the football.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I believe he's a bit overlooked too, but we do need a high draft pick to compete for that spot. If we didn't then he'd pretty much get it by default and that's not really how we do things. Also, he was injured quite a bit all last year so we're gonna need somebody to step up if/when he goes down.

It would be nice to have a 5 WR set with VD as a receiver and QP and a rookie as receivers too. We always have rbs in that formation and it sucks.
Originally posted by cciowa:
so tired of the hill and jerry rice

If the best WR in history has an open invation for you to hang out and work with him, you should probably take advantage of it. I would want Kap to go work with Young during the offseason as well.
With the alumni we have, not taking advantage of it is kind of sad.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
his time to shine
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Antix:
I believe he's a bit overlooked too, but we do need a high draft pick to compete for that spot. If we didn't then he'd pretty much get it by default and that's not really how we do things. Also, he was injured quite a bit all last year so we're gonna need somebody to step up if/when he goes down.

It would be nice to have a 5 WR set with VD as a receiver and QP and a rookie as receivers too. We always have rbs in that formation and it sucks.

Whoooooa... Roman has to learn how to operate 3/4 WR sets before we can see a 5 WR set
Just imagine shotgun on 3rd and 6 against the Seahawks ... 4WR set - Crabtree - Boldin - Patton on one side... Cooks or Montcrief on the other..... I don't care who the Seahawks got covering.. we got a first down.
We need Patton and a high pick. Boldin won't last forever and we have no idea if we can afford to re-sign Crabtree.
Originally posted by English:
We need Patton and a high pick. Boldin won't last forever and we have no idea if we can afford to re-sign Crabtree.

6 picks in the top 100. I'd love to see us take 2 WRs. Do it Baalke!
Originally posted by Antix:

I'm not saying at all that we should hand the number 3 position to him. Although I do believe Patton can eventually work himself up to being starting caliber, I'm also a firm believer in creating competition for the third, fourth, and even fifth receiver spot. I just don't think people should forget about Patton being in the mix in 2014 and if he does indeed win the number 3 job coming out of camp, it isn't a bad sign at all for whatever rookie receivers we draft because Quinton Patton is a very talented receiver. Something about him screams the same thing I see in Crabtree and Boldin- gamer and playmaker.

• thl408
The body control and mid air hand fighting he displayed on this catch was very impressive, let alone a rookie doing it. Watch his left hand as it yanks the CB's hands down, preventing the CB from elevating. No way a sideline ref can see that. That's just a very instinctual, veteran like move.

So let me get this straight, because of April Fools, my actual posts from yesterday will never be shown?
Yea it's on the staff to actually use the guy. I mean how they don't send him deep more often is beyond me. Let the guy try to make plays. I mean at least once a game he should have a deep ball thrown his way. Especially now that's he's young and unproven. Most teams won't respect his speed til he burns them once or twice. So the coverage should be favorable.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

I think so too. There's a good chance that we won't have Crabtree after this year and Boldin after next. Rookies just don't get much of a chance on game day, so we probably need to have 3 starting quality WR's between Patton, this year's draft and next year's.
Seeing that gif of his catch from week 17 gives me a new appreciation for that play. His move with his left hand reminds me of something that Isaac Bruce was so good at when positioning himself for a catch.
Share 49ersWebzone