LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 198 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Dude looked quick on that reverse, too bad Roman will never call that play again.
Originally posted by susweel:
Dude looked quick on that reverse, too bad Roman will never call that play again.

He reminded me of josh Morgan on that recerse... Long strides, but not as fluid as Crabtree.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Sims84:
separation where? He had zero separation on the 3rd down play that went through his hands and zero separation on the deep play at the end of the game. He just flat out went up and made a superstar play. This is not a knock on Patton either as I think this kid will be a beast but if you think he was the only one getting separation out there, I'm not sure what game you were watching...

He was getting open quite a bit in that game. Its one of his strengths, he's not the fastest guy but he changes direction so smoothly with minimal wasted motion that its hard for defensive backs to keep up. He's not a guy who will beat you downfield necessarily but a nightmare to defend on crossing routes. He's not track fast but he's football fast with very good agility and lateral movement.

All the receivers were getting open quite a bit. They do every game so to say Patton was the only one getting separation is far fetched...the times he had a pass thrown his way however, he didn't have any separation; he just made a big time play
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
He'll take over Crabs spot when Crab ask for more money than the 49ers are willing to pay for him. Crab is starting to show signs of frustration because he's not the first and only option anymore.

Lo wut?l do you watch the games?

I do watch the games and it's clearly Boldin is Kaps 1st option and Crab is his 2nd option with Wide Receivers. Did you see one of the plays where Crabs man fell down and left him wide open for what could've been a big gain right in front of Kaps face and yet he decides to throw the ball to Boldin who was getting double coverage? Yeah, that shows Boldin is Kaps first option, not Crab, and that's not the only play where Crabs was wide open and Kap throws to Boldin. As of right now, I'll say Kap is more comfortable with Boldin than Crabtree. So yeah, you might want to watch the game and understand it before you ask somebody else if they watch the games.

All I was trying to say was, IF......big I..F.. Crab ask for more money than what the Niners are willing to pay him, they will let him walk and Patton will REPLACE him. I did not say Patton is better than Crabtree, everybody and their mama knows who's better. The Niners can't pay everybody, and they usually put a value on each player and won't over pay for anybody. Thats what happens when you have a very talented team.

That may be what you meant to say, but your post said "When" not "If"
Some of you guys are willing to let of of Crabs. Not me, or at least not yet. Let crabs have a chance to show us he deserves no. 1 money next year and then we can fairly judge him on whether we let him go or not.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Some of you guys are willing to let of of Crabs. Not me, or at least not yet. Let crabs have a chance to show us he deserves no. 1 money next year and then we can fairly judge him on whether we let him go or not.

Baalke is the one who is willing to let players go rather than over paying, so your argument is with his philosophy...not fellow posters. He has a certain percentage assigned to each position and doesn't allow one guy to break the balance. If you had Green and Johnson on this team he would let one or both leave rather than letting the line leave.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 1, 2014 at 3:36 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

He reminded me of josh Morgan on that recerse... Long strides, but not as fluid as Crabtree.

At least Kaepernick's passes will never come down like a punt.
looked faster than morgan
Originally posted by outside4949:

still wish morgan was a niner. couldve used him this year
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by outside4949:

still wish morgan was a niner. couldve used him this year

The Redskins barely had any use for Morgan this season. 20 catches for 214 yards and no TDs. 7th most receptions on that team. I'm not sure if he would've made much of a difference for the 49ers.

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
The Redskins barely had any use for Morgan this season. 20 catches for 214 yards and no TDs. 7th most receptions on that team. I'm not sure if he would've made much of a difference for the 49ers.

Morgan was so overrated here.

He'll be a free agent again, 49ers could bring him back on the cheap.

You guys are killing me today!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He'll be a free agent again, 49ers could bring him back on the cheap.

Vet minimum.
Originally posted by Hopper:

Morgan was so overrated here.
just because RG3 sucks doesnt mean morgan isnt a good receiver. he was good for us when he and crabs were on the same team, with boldin here he wouldve been a badass #3
Share 49ersWebzone