There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Wiki says 6.0 204
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
sfout ... why are you getting so worked up about this? It is not like the inches were added where it would really matter

lol i know right but it was like 3 pages worth of this

Post 1: he's 6'0"

Post 2: nuh uh he's 6'2"

Post 3: 6'1"!

Post 4: NO 6'2" He's as big as Crabtree!

blah blah

So I was like
I'm going to trust my eyes and say the dude is not over 5'11"

Doesn't mean he can't still be a good WR. He does seem to have dynamic play ability. He can make tough catches, fights for the ball, is dangerous with the ball in his hands. I hope he keeps showing up. Having a 4th receiving target could really elevate our offense.

Still hoping we look for a bigger WR in the next draft tho

Let's settle the debate... His combine official weigh-in was: 6'00 exactly, 204 lbs.

But honestly, the size/weight is not that important. He has the look of a playmaking WR, he's a competitor, willing blocker, quick athlete, hard-working, all-effort guy. I expect him to learn the slot well and be at worst the 49ers #3 for a while.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 30, 2013 at 9:55 PM ]
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Loved the way he stood up for Kap when Dockett pulled that BS.

You're right, I forgot that too

Great Run
Great Block
Great Catch
Great "Pile Cleaning"
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Let's settle the debate... His combine official weigh-in was: 6'00 exactly, 204 lbs.

But honestly, the size/weight is not that important. He has the look of a playmaking WR, he's a competitor, willing blocker, quick athlete, hard-working, all-effort guy. I expect him to learn the slot well and be at worst the 49ers #3 for a while.

I do as well. I could care less about his size, his heart and ability set him apart. He deserves the #3 role going forward for sure.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I do as well. I could care less about his size, his heart and ability set him apart. He deserves the #3 role going forward for sure.

He's 6'2 with cleats
Patton is definitely 6'2
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Loved the way he stood up for Kap when Dockett pulled that BS.

You're right, I forgot that too

Great Run
Great Block
Great Catch
Great "Pile Cleaning"

Patton might not be all that tall, but he dumped Dockett on his butt.

The key element in the pro game is drive--will power--and I think Patton has it.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Patton is definitely 6'2

6'6" with Afro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7AUpGXLDdk
Originally posted by xela510:

Catches like this make it seem QP is always open like 7-11. Check out QP's left arm as he uses it to push down the CBs arm (middle pic). That kind of hand fighting is important.
Patton looks like a keeper. Good smarts, instincts, physicality, size, speed, quickness, hands. He flashed all that against AZ. Well rounded player.
Quinton Patton> Otis Amey
thl408 he said he looked up after 10 yards and saw the ball was coming to him and thought to himself...he has to go get it.

that is what we need.. not... i hope its perfect... i hope that i catch it... if it don't hit me in the hands kap needs to throw a better pass.

the ball is in the air.. it is mine.

crab
boldin
patton
possess this trait.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Quinton Patton> Otis Amey

But is he better than Fred Amey
Already the best player to wear # 11 for the 49ers
Patton looks super flexible-- a play maker, not someone with all the physical attributes but who is stiff and can't play. Patton looks like a natural.