There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Who cares what size he is. This kid has the it factor and he will work really hard this offseason and be a solid #3 next season.
sfout ... why are you getting so worked up about this? It is not like the inches were added where it would really matter
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Wow, this means a lot to you, doesn't it Does it really matter? Maybe it is the embellishment that is always done to make an athlete more intimidating. They use to list Charles Barkley as 6'7"-6'8" when he was closer to 6'5". But it still didn't stop him from beasting.

No it doesn't, I just know my Niners and follow them like a crackhead
Originally posted by WashDCNinerFan:
Who cares what size he is. This kid has the it factor and he will work really hard this offseason and be a solid #3 next season.

Yeah it sure looked like he had the "it" factor in the game. Kind of an angry tenacious will power to make the play, I loved it.

AJ Jenkins was a good athlete and excellent in college, but had none of that boldness to go out and fight for every inch that Patton seems to have.

I have a feeling some of that is due to Anquan's leadership?
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I think he's going to be a factor in the playoffs, depending on the snaps he gets. He seems to be the only WR with separation.
Patton has that same tenacity Boldin has when the ball is in the air...it belongs to him! I really expect him to be a strong third receiver for the next couple of years until he becomes a 1st or 2nd.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Patton has that same tenacity Boldin has when the ball is in the air...it belongs to him! I really expect him to be a strong third receiver for the next couple of years until he becomes a 1st or 2nd.

First or second if he is here with Uye during the offseason bulking up and conditioning
just gotta say...I love this kid! good to see him making plays. The first of many amazing catches by this stud
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Yeah it sure looked like he had the "it" factor in the game. Kind of an angry tenacious will power to make the play, I loved it.

AJ Jenkins was a good athlete and excellent in college, but had none of that boldness to go out and fight for every inch that Patton seems to have.

I have a feeling some of that is due to Anquan's leadership?

aj was just out there. really timid almost like he didn't want to play football.
i don't know what they saw on tape to make them draft him. that was a huge miss but i think patton is going to be a huge get.

the way he was running after the catch... that's a nightmare for defenses and he had the speed to pull away from defenders. just get him in the middle of the field and he isn't going to try and catch it and go down he's going to try to take it to the house.

all 3 of our wr's are proficient at running after the catch now.

vd is ok he doesn't have any moves really.. just try to shed the tackle and gallop

and boldin just hulks defenders and runs straight

but patton and crab.. you're getting juked
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

First or second if he is here with Uye during the offseason bulking up and conditioning

I thought he actually looked a little bulked up in the upper body against the cards..
  • sfout
  • Veteran
sfout ... why are you getting so worked up about this? It is not like the inches were added where it would really matter

lol i know right but it was like 3 pages worth of this

Post 1: he's 6'0"

Post 2: nuh uh he's 6'2"

Post 3: 6'1"!

Post 4: NO 6'2" He's as big as Crabtree!

blah blah

So I was like
Loved the way he stood up for Kap when Dockett pulled that BS.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Empire49:
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Originally posted by Buchy:
Originally posted by 49ersss:
Originally posted by thl408:
Kap saw 1 on 1 on the sidelines and gave QP a chance to make a play. Nice 'debut' performance. Bye bye Ham.

Ironically, that was the same type of play Mario made for New England that got people's attention.

i think Patton is quicker and faster but that is not the issue, I don't think Ham's knee is healed and he's been struggling with it for a while.

I think we are going to be letting Crabs go, tbh with you...

#1. Never seemed like he really WANTED to be here.
#2. Starting to mouth off.
#3. Boldin is still better and will probably take less money.

Boldin is not better than Crabtree. Don't let his numbers fool you. Crabtree is a supreme route runner with good hands and amazing YAC ability. Boldin has been fantastic, but a healthy Crabtree is top 5 with Kap throwing him the ball and his numbers since Kap took over back this up (pre-injury).

As much as people love Boldin, letting Crabtree walk because Boldin is here would be an epic bonehead move.

Hey, Boldin is a fee agent after this season. Crabtree is not a free agent until after next season.

Boldin is 33 years old now.

First, we would have to sign him to a two year contract.

Then when Boldin is approaching his 35 birthday, we keep him, and let Crabtree walk.

I do not think so.
I doubt Crabtree would accept an extension unless it broke the bank. So the idea of him keeping past next year may not be a reality. I don't see Baalke changing stripes and letting him skew the salary balance. It might be easier to sign Boldin for another couple of years and develop young guys--starting with Patton and a couple draft picks this year. Then it might be a nice problem of who to keep after next year...although with the niners track record that may also be unrealistic.
Originally posted by sfout:

lol i know right but it was like 3 pages worth of this

Post 1: he's 6'0"

Post 2: nuh uh he's 6'2"

Post 3: 6'1"!

Post 4: NO 6'2" He's as big as Crabtree!

blah blah

So I was like
I'm going to trust my eyes and say the dude is not over 5'11"

Doesn't mean he can't still be a good WR. He does seem to have dynamic play ability. He can make tough catches, fights for the ball, is dangerous with the ball in his hands. I hope he keeps showing up. Having a 4th receiving target could really elevate our offense.

Still hoping we look for a bigger WR in the next draft tho
[ Edited by TheFunkyChicken on Dec 30, 2013 at 9:50 PM ]