There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
That's what I got from that LATECH video above

Yeah, that video was wrong, he doesn't run a 4.4 40 either.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Badass catch and a way better presence of mind than VD to keep his feet in bounds after that catch. Other than Boldin, the game ball goes to him.

Boldin did great, but the game ball needs to go to Bowman. Then I'd go with Boldin and Patton.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I agree with you, I was responding to dude who said Patton is 6'2 lol

I have seen him reported as 6'2"
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Originally posted by Buchy:
Originally posted by 49ersss:
Originally posted by thl408:
Kap saw 1 on 1 on the sidelines and gave QP a chance to make a play. Nice 'debut' performance. Bye bye Ham.

Ironically, that was the same type of play Mario made for New England that got people's attention.


i think Patton is quicker and faster but that is not the issue, I don't think Ham's knee is healed and he's been struggling with it for a while.

I think we are going to be letting Crabs go, tbh with you...

#1. Never seemed like he really WANTED to be here.
#2. Starting to mouth off.
#3. Boldin is still better and will probably take less money.

Boldin is not better than Crabtree. Don't let his numbers fool you. Crabtree is a supreme route runner with good hands and amazing YAC ability. Boldin has been fantastic, but a healthy Crabtree is top 5 with Kap throwing him the ball and his numbers since Kap took over back this up (pre-injury).

As much as people love Boldin, letting Crabtree walk because Boldin is here would be an epic bonehead move.
The two plays he was a part of yesterday (Boldin block & catch at the end) were arguably the 2 biggest plays of the game for the offense. Without Patton we may not have beat the Cards. Hope we get to see him on the field more against GB.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Psinex:
While Crabtree was on the left side of the field, Kaepernick passed over Vernon toward Boldin on that play. You're telling me that he didn't see the shallow route right in front of a double-covered Boldin?

The reasoning could really be infinite, its highly unlikely he didnt see vernon but more then likely wasnt comfortable with vernons positioning or the defenders behind hims positioning. The play was third and long i believe and Kap may have been more comfortable trying to get the reception beyond the marker, especially with how easily vernon was getting tackled today.

IIRC, Crabtree was the one on the shallow route, but he was wide open because the defender fell. I think Vernon would have been the cross-body throw. Crabtree was so wide open he would have easily gained the 1st down. Kap just missed it and forced it into double coverage. It was a huge mistake by the QB. It happens.
Originally posted by Empire49:
Boldin is not better than Crabtree. Don't let his numbers fool you. Crabtree is a supreme route runner with good hands and amazing YAC ability. Boldin has been fantastic, but a healthy Crabtree is top 5 with Kap throwing him the ball and his numbers since Kap took over back this up (pre-injury).

As much as people love Boldin, letting Crabtree walk because Boldin is here would be an epic bonehead move.

the entire reason boldin is open is because crabtreee is on the field.

every single week crabtree has been back he's been putting up great numbers. and that is because of crabtree.

crab will shine going forward
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I remember when KW had a couple nice games.

I don't.

I remember ONE great catch and run. That's it.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
I have seen him reported as 6'2"

He ain't no 6'2, not even close. Go check his combine or Senior Bowl measurements. Phoenix where you at to back me up since this was your boy coming out of college?! You guys really think he's 6'2? It's obvious to me he ain't just from watching games and his videos on YouTube
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yeah, that video was wrong, he doesn't run a 4.4 40 either.

Oh there you are lol.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,304
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
I have seen him reported as 6'2"

He ain't no 6'2, not even close. Go check his combine or Senior Bowl measurements. Phoenix where you at to back me up since this was your boy coming out of college?! You guys really think he's 6'2? It's obvious to me he ain't just from watching games and his videos on YouTube

9ers have him at 6'0" 204.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
I have seen him reported as 6'2"

He ain't no 6'2, not even close. Go check his combine or Senior Bowl measurements. Phoenix where you at to back me up since this was your boy coming out of college?! You guys really think he's 6'2? It's obvious to me he ain't just from watching games and his videos on YouTube

Wow, this means a lot to you, doesn't it Does it really matter? Maybe it is the embellishment that is always done to make an athlete more intimidating. They use to list Charles Barkley as 6'7"-6'8" when he was closer to 6'5". But it still didn't stop him from beasting.
[ Edited by Bluesbro on Dec 30, 2013 at 3:46 PM ]
The combine had him at 6'0", 204 lbs and a 4.5 40. He looks faster and quicker on the field than that to me but that's fairly common. Good receivers often look faster and quicker on the field than their 40 times.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I remember when KW had a couple nice games.

Williams never once showed the sort of hands, route-running or blocking skills that Patton has. Dude was lucky to stick around as long as he did.
bull, I watched KW lay out LB's and DL's more than a few times. I even gif'd a few of them but deleted them as soon as he was released.

If I remember correctly it was a ferocious crack back block by KW's that sprang Alex for his famous TD run against the Saints in the 2011 playoffs.

QP's hands already look better though, that catch to set up Dawsons game winner was a thing of beauty and hopefully a sign of things to come.

Agreed...gottta give credit where credit is due.

That said, what is our deal with lining up the smallest WR's out wide? Why can't we run the defense to death from the slot?

Patton is 6'2 ..tall as Crabtree, if you were referring Patton as the short receiver

Boone is 6'8 we should use him in the redzone wide-out lol
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,304
Originally posted by niners9ers:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I remember when KW had a couple nice games.

Williams never once showed the sort of hands, route-running or blocking skills that Patton has. Dude was lucky to stick around as long as he did.
bull, I watched KW lay out LB's and DL's more than a few times. I even gif'd a few of them but deleted them as soon as he was released.

If I remember correctly it was a ferocious crack back block by KW's that sprang Alex for his famous TD run against the Saints in the 2011 playoffs.

QP's hands already look better though, that catch to set up Dawsons game winner was a thing of beauty and hopefully a sign of things to come.

Agreed...gottta give credit where credit is due.

That said, what is our deal with lining up the smallest WR's out wide? Why can't we run the defense to death from the slot?

Patton is 6'2 ..tall as Crabtree, if you were referring Patton as the short receiver

Boone is 6'8 we should use him in the redzone wide-out lol

LOL WHERE THE F**K ARE PEOPLE GETTING THE SIX TWO FROM???

http://www.49ers.com/team/roster/Quinton-Patton/58e6921b-95f1-4e71-9dc6-083e830d9b2a


QUINTONPATTON
WR #11

HEIGHT:6-0
WEIGHT:204
AGE:23
COLLEGE:LOUISIANA TECH
EXPERIENCE:R

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/16026/quinton-patton

Quinton Patton
#11 WR
6' 0", 204 lbs
San Francisco 49ers

He would be taller than Crabtree if that was true....the 49ers list Crabs as 6'1"

http://www.49ers.com/team/roster/Michael-Crabtree/62c383cf-e46c-4bc9-b6d7-f0ded63498d9


MICHAELCRABTREE
WR #15

HEIGHT:6-1
WEIGHT:214
AGE:26
COLLEGE:TEXAS TECH
EXPERIENCE:5

.....smh at these people thinking Patton was 6'2" like his college said he was.