There are 207 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
With Crabtree, Boldin, Williams, Manningham & Jenkins..it's gonna be hard for Patton to even sniff the field

Manningham is coming off a gruesome injury, Williams is not nor has ever been anything special, a step above guys like Joe Hastings. It comes down to Jenkins vs Patton for the #3 spot IMO, especially if Manningham takes a long time to recover, if he ever fully makes it back.

I completely disagree about Williams, he was doing really well especially with Kap at QB. I'm not saying Patton can't win the #3 spot, just saying there's going to be some fierce competition. (which is good)
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Apr 29, 2013 at 3:41 PM ]
I really didn't know anything about this guy before the draft. Then he was drafted by the 49ers, and after five or six minutes of watching his highlights on youtube, i've come to the conclusion that since he doesn't really look anything like Jerry Rice, I don't like the pick and will remain unimpressed until he does something on an NFL field.

So is he going to go by uno-uno or once?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
With Crabtree, Boldin, Williams, Manningham & Jenkins..it's gonna be hard for Patton to even sniff the field

Manningham is coming off a gruesome injury, Williams is not nor has ever been anything special, a step above guys like Joe Hastings. It comes down to Jenkins vs Patton for the #3 spot IMO, especially if Manningham takes a long time to recover, if he ever fully makes it back.

I completely disagree about Williams, he was doing really well especially with Kap at QB. I'm not saying Patton can't win the #3 spot, just saying there's going to be some fierce competition. (which is good)

I don't understand the Kyle Williams hate. He's got really fast feet and is extremely agile. I've seen him make some really impressive catches and he had two great seasons. Granted, he lost us the NFCCG, and then this last year he got hurt. But before those unfortunate things happened, he had great seasons.
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
With Crabtree, Boldin, Williams, Manningham & Jenkins..it's gonna be hard for Patton to even sniff the field

Manningham is coming off a gruesome injury, Williams is not nor has ever been anything special, a step above guys like Joe Hastings. It comes down to Jenkins vs Patton for the #3 spot IMO, especially if Manningham takes a long time to recover, if he ever fully makes it back.

I completely disagree about Williams, he was doing really well especially with Kap at QB. I'm not saying Patton can't win the #3 spot, just saying there's going to be some fierce competition. (which is good)

I don't understand the Kyle Williams hate. He's got really fast feet and is extremely agile. I've seen him make some really impressive catches and he had two great seasons. Granted, he lost us the NFCCG, and then this last year he got hurt. But before those unfortunate things happened, he had great seasons.

what exactly is a great season to you? cause crabs had 85 catches for a little over 1100 yards and i would consider that a good season.. lol
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Wouldn't it be ideal if they both did great on the field? Jenkins will be one of the most interesting stories in camp this year. I honestly don't get the hate. I remember reading the same 'bust' talk about Crabtree too.

You know we were looking for receivers off the street last year right... Instead of Jenkins. He wasn't injured he was just not good enough to be considered an option. He was a first round draft pick that was considered too raw to even run routes instead lets put Joe Hastings on the field. My regard for AJ is the a combo of draft position and signs of zero confidence by the 49ers. He was a huge reach and I hoped and watch all year. I'm done hoping I'll just go with my initial response... Why did we draft a worse version of mario mannigham.

But this ain't about him really so I should of just left him out. If He touches the field I will support him completely and cheer like crazy for beating the pundits (including me ) Now Quinton Patton (GENERAL) is not a strange pick he was a great pick. He makes all the catch's and beat the best cornerback on great teams consistently. He still has to prove himself. But I can buy in to him now more than I could AJ ever.
[ Edited by Need4Speed on Apr 29, 2013 at 4:25 PM ]
Not impressed...At all.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Patton doesn't appear to be very impressive.

I admit, I didn't know s**t about this kid pre-draft. Sorry, but I don't get around to watching too many Louisiana Tech games... But, from the highlights (which are supposed to be his best plays) I somewhat agree with JC. Maybe I'm missing something?

He just looks okay. He doesn't seem that fast, explosive, etc. And, relative to NFL standards, his size is average.

I only watched the Texas A&M game. He had a big day, but I didn't find it as impressive as the numbers thought. It was hard to evaluate his ability to translate to the NFL, because a lot of his catches were just screens and sitting in the zone where he was left wide open because it was such a blowout.
his routes look super clean tho. thats huge and he doesnt drop anything

When he catches it, he point the ball backwards.
Originally posted by Need4Speed:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Wouldn't it be ideal if they both did great on the field? Jenkins will be one of the most interesting stories in camp this year. I honestly don't get the hate. I remember reading the same 'bust' talk about Crabtree too.

You know we were looking for receivers off the street last year right... Instead of Jenkins. He wasn't injured he was just not good enough to be considered an option. He was a first round draft pick that was considered too raw to even run routes instead lets put Joe Hastings on the field. My regard for AJ is the a combo of draft position and signs of zero confidence by the 49ers. He was a huge reach and I hoped and watch all year. I'm done hoping I'll just go with my initial response... Why did we draft a worse version of mario mannigham.

But this ain't about him really so I should of just left him out. If He touches the field I will support him completely and cheer like crazy for beating the pundits (including me ) Now Quinton Patton (GENERAL) is not a strange pick he was a great pick. He makes all the catch's and beat the best cornerback on great teams consistently. He still has to prove himself. But I can buy in to him now more than I could AJ ever.

Looking for receivers off the street? You have a flare for the dramatic, or maybe a talent for embellishing the truth. One thing is for sure, we will find out on the field this year about AJ's future. As I said, ist would be good if both of these guys turned out great ... because Crabs will be gone at the end of this contract I think.
Is Patton out running the hill with Jerry yet????
Is he in the weight and film rooms with Kaep yet?


BUST!! BUST!!! BUST!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Beeker:
Is Patton out running the hill with Jerry yet????
Is he in the weight and film rooms with Kaep yet?


BUST!! BUST!!! BUST!!!!!!!

  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 24,753
Originally posted by Beeker:
Is Patton out running the hill with Jerry yet????
Is he in the weight and film rooms with Kaep yet?


BUST!! BUST!!! BUST!!!!!!!
if he is not running the hill with jerry rice he should not even be allowed in the hallways of ninerville. the hill is the gold standard. hanging out with x niners is so key in a wide outs success or failure and while we are at it, we should hire jerry rice as our wide out coach and bring T.O in to mentor
Originally posted by xtm059:
I don't understand the Kyle Williams hate. He's got really fast feet and is extremely agile. I've seen him make some really impressive catches and he had two great seasons. Granted, he lost us the NFCCG, and then this last year he got hurt. But before those unfortunate things happened, he had great seasons.

They have to find someone to pick on. I thought Kyle Williams was having a nice season last year and hope he continues to grow. Hope he can stay on as a number 4 or 5 receiver. He'd actually bring more to the table than Ted Ginn would even though he isn't as good as a returner.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Beeker:
Is Patton out running the hill with Jerry yet????
Is he in the weight and film rooms with Kaep yet?


BUST!! BUST!!! BUST!!!!!!!
if he is not running the hill with jerry rice he should not even be allowed in the hallways of ninerville. the hill is the gold standard. hanging out with x niners is so key in a wide outs success or failure and while we are at it, we should hire jerry rice as our wide out coach and bring T.O in to mentor

I forgot one ...
"Is he spending 14 hours a day on the Juggs machine??"
Its hard to judge a WR until they face real NFL corners. You could tell off the bat Crabtree was legit. He was taking corners to school with his cuts.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Apr 29, 2013 at 8:23 PM ]