There are 228 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
this.

i still also believe that LMJ could be as dynamic a player as Sproles, Bush, etc.... But the staff doesn't give him the chances.

They're too busy running gore up the middle
What is the rule though? If you get pushed out or stepped out then stepped back in its okay? Or is it you are out of the play no matter what for the rest of the play? I think maybe it is like how much effort you make to get back in right away. Like on returns, you can't run out and keep running down the sidelines and then step back in 5-10 yards down the field. How many steps did he take from the time he touched the line till he caught then ball? Maybe thats why they didn't call it?
He's already better than AJ Jenkins 49er career in one game.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
this.

i still also believe that LMJ could be as dynamic a player as Sproles, Bush, etc.... But the staff doesn't give him the chances.

He hasn't done much in the return game which I thought would showcase his talents.
Originally posted by WildBill:
He hasn't done much in the return game which I thought would showcase his talents.

he's done a lot in the return game
this.

he's done pretty well. Nothing outstanding, but nothing bad either. He had a great return to start the final drive.
this.

I really like James as a punt returner because of how quick he is, but he's a mediocre kick returner
The angle of the replay video makes you think he crossed the line but he was still at least a foot from the line. It showed when he catch the ball trying to land inbounds while being lifted out by the defender.

He makes these kind of catches in college routinely easy.

Look at the far view camera in slow motion and it shows he's far from the edge.

This
Originally posted by YungAce:
I really like James as a punt returner because of how quick he is, but he's a mediocre kick returner

He's averaging 26 yards a return, I don't see that as mediocre at all. 10+ yards on punt returns.

this.

did he not put us in position to even make those 2 throws for the field goal? or am i mistaken.

he's getting positive yards every single time and they count for a lot.
What is the rule though? If you get pushed out or stepped out then stepped back in its okay? Or is it you are out of the play no matter what for the rest of the play? I think maybe it is like how much effort you make to get back in right away. Like on returns, you can't run out and keep running down the sidelines and then step back in 5-10 yards down the field. How many steps did he take from the time he touched the line till he caught then ball? Maybe thats why they didn't call it?

Pretty sure if you run out of bounds you cannot be the first person to touch the ball. So if he was out of bounds before the ball was thrown, it is not a penalty.

I didn't see him go out of bounds live or on any of the replays so going to be tough for me to say if it should have been a penalty or not.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He's averaging 26 yards a return, I don't see that as mediocre at all. 10+ yards on punt returns.

On punt returns, a good returner gets 11+ yards average. He is consistently getting 10 yards, not like 5, 6, 7 here, then breaks a big one as often as I would like. Watching him, sometimes he makes questionable choices on where to take it or head. Like goes outside when taking it up the middle might be more beneficial once he breaks that one tackler that would be in his way
  • buck
  • Veteran
His catch set up the game winning FG.

Nice job.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I think he just replaced Mario Manningham in 2014.
Share 49ersWebzone