There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Originally posted by Psinex:
That was crazy. On the broadcast, they showed Vernon and Crabtree both shake their defenders, who coincidentally both fell down...so they were essentially wide open. What does Kaepernick do? He tries to throw the ball into double coverage to Boldin. Sometimes Kaepernick counts to potato. Seriously...Kaepernick has Potato Vision. Rarely do you see him progress beyond his initial read.

This is correct. Being a homer is one thing. Refusing to look at reality as it is right in front of you is another.
Sounds like you're doing just that. You want to cherry pick one single player out of the whole game? What about the play where he went through his reads and back to his check down LMJ? Or am I ignoring something?
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by TheGoldenNugget:
I did see him throw his arms up in frustration today after Kap chose to throw to Boldin who was in double coverage where as he was wide open.

he wants the ball every snap. that's what he should do.

That's what a 1 read QB will get you.

That was crazy. On the broadcast, they showed Vernon and Crabtree both shake their defenders, who coincidentally both fell down...so they were essentially wide open. What does Kaepernick do? He tries to throw the ball into double coverage to Boldin. Sometimes Kaepernick counts to potato. Seriously...Kaepernick has Potato Vision. Rarely do you see him progress beyond his initial read.

And sometimes kap has to escapr the pocket running to the right has his vision cut in half and trust throwing the ball to the receiver who wins most dogfights instead of trying to throw accross his body and putting us in a worse situatuon, but what do i know.
Great Gordie Howe hat trick

Great run
Great block
Great catch
Let's not forget his huge block on Anquan Boldin's 60+ yard catch.

The dude has a lot of heart!
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by TheGoldenNugget:
I did see him throw his arms up in frustration today after Kap chose to throw to Boldin who was in double coverage where as he was wide open.

he wants the ball every snap. that's what he should do.

That's what a 1 read QB will get you.

That was crazy. On the broadcast, they showed Vernon and Crabtree both shake their defenders, who coincidentally both fell down...so they were essentially wide open. What does Kaepernick do? He tries to throw the ball into double coverage to Boldin. Sometimes Kaepernick counts to potato. Seriously...Kaepernick has Potato Vision. Rarely do you see him progress beyond his initial read.

And sometimes kap has to escapr the pocket running to the right has his vision cut in half and trust throwing the ball to the receiver who wins most dogfights instead of trying to throw accross his body and putting us in a worse situatuon, but what do i know.

While Crabtree was on the left side of the field, Kaepernick passed over Vernon toward Boldin on that play. You're telling me that he didn't see the shallow route right in front of a double-covered Boldin?
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Let's not forget his huge block on Anquan Boldin's 60+ yard catch.

The dude has a lot of heart!

Love seeing him get aggresive with the dlineman to protect his qb.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Sounds like you're doing just that. You want to cherry pick one single player out of the whole game? What about the play where he went through his reads and back to his check down LMJ? Or am I ignoring something?

I was very impressed with his check down to LMJ. It's something he normally doesn't do. It's better than a 50 yard bomb to me. Because hopefully it means Kaep is finally learning to see more of the field and go through reads and progressions. He is still nowhere near the Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Manning category. Nowhere near. But you just want to see progress. I hope we see more of that.

Sometimes I think the 5 yard play Kaep makes on a check down is the best play of the game. I like to see him seeing more than his first read.
Kap has made progress all year. His game is still very much "wow" and then "what the ...". But consistency will come with experience.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Two big plays today, a really nice block downfield and protecting our QB from a Dlineman. Nice start kid...keep it up in the playoffs and you will be on your way to big things.

That fire to protect kap, and that catch were huge plays.

You have to love him coming in there and pushing the defender off kap made huge impact on his teammates, and the catch at the end gave our offense another trusted weapon. Should be a good game this week in greenbay.
It was an awesome catch to help Dawson out to make the winning field goal
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Two big plays today, a really nice block downfield and protecting our QB from a Dlineman. Nice start kid...keep it up in the playoffs and you will be on your way to big things.

That fire to protect kap, and that catch were huge plays.

You have to love him coming in there and pushing the defender off kap made huge impact on his teammates, and the catch at the end gave our offense another trusted weapon. Should be a good game this week in greenbay.

Dockett at that of all people. Takes major cahones for a rookie to do that!
Originally posted by Psinex:
While Crabtree was on the left side of the field, Kaepernick passed over Vernon toward Boldin on that play. You're telling me that he didn't see the shallow route right in front of a double-covered Boldin?

The reasoning could really be infinite, its highly unlikely he didnt see vernon but more then likely wasnt comfortable with vernons positioning or the defenders behind hims positioning. The play was third and long i believe and Kap may have been more comfortable trying to get the reception beyond the marker, especially with how easily vernon was getting tackled today.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Let's not forget his huge block on Anquan Boldin's 60+ yard catch.

The dude has a lot of heart!

Love seeing him get aggresive with the dlineman to protect his qb.

Remember he said he plays football for respect. He feels this game is how he gets his respect
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
That fire to protect kap, and that catch were huge plays.

You have to love him coming in there and pushing the defender off kap made huge impact on his teammates, and the catch at the end gave our offense another trusted weapon. Should be a good game this week in greenbay.

I loved seeing that. I didn't get a close view of it until they showed it on the big screen and all the Cardinals fans booed because Patton knocked the Cardinals player down but I couldn't have been any prouder. Dude stood up for his QB, went after a 300 pound defensive lineman, that is the s**t you like to see.