There are 236 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Patton stepped out of bounds prior to that last catch. I saw it clearly on the replay. We are lucky the ref missed it
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Let's not forget his huge block on Anquan Boldin's 60+ yard catch.

The dude has a lot of heart!

Love seeing him get aggresive with the dlineman to protect his qb.

Remember he said he plays football for respect. He feels this game is how he gets his respect

Great stuff.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Patton stepped out of bounds prior to that last catch. I saw it clearly on the replay. We are lucky the ref missed it

They were going to call it but the other ref said "I let the cardinals Roberts push off on #26 on the td catch so let's not say anything."
It was a rookie mistake that almost cost us big time.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Well he is a rookie...so I won't worry too much.
eeyore

eeyore

hahahahah
  • sfout
  • Veteran

were you there? cause of the 2-3 angles on TV and what is available online there was no view of him stepping out of bounds.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
were you there? cause of the 2-3 angles on TV and what is available online there was no view of him stepping out of bounds.

He did step out but the refs didn't call it.

I was pretty sure I saw the same thing...I was surprised replay booth didn't initiate review for the catch itself, and then in the course of that they surely would've seen him step out, which I guess they could then flag him for illegal touching.
I saw him close to out of bounds but nothing for sure but my screen was pixalated due to watching an online streaming.

Nice game & great catch by Patton. Hope he gets more opportunities as we go forward.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

I was pretty sure I saw the same thing...I was surprised replay booth didn't initiate review for the catch itself, and then in the course of that they surely would've seen him step out, which I guess they could then flag him for illegal touching.

they can't use the review for penalties
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Some guys act like they was the game live claiming Patton stepped out of bounds, not even close! LOL!

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Bowman_Forces_Recovers_Fumble/83444b57-9d6d-4ace-b972-4c3b99cba301
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

If you watch the replay and are aware of his height and leg movements he plants the ball of his foot on the step in question and doesn't go out. I could be wrong but until I see a SS of his foot completely flat on the paint I don't think he went out.

I'd be the first to say it if I thought he stepped out as well but we'll see what comes out from the league in the next few days cause it would affect seeding if we had lost so it'll get reviewed and an explanation will be sent to AZ and NO I bet.
Share 49ersWebzone