There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
seriously, i still dont get why roman never uses james on offense. they drafted him to be a weapon. mcdonald should be farther along in his development and patton should be playing now

james no excuse

macdonald just blocks he can catch if they give him lots of chances but they prefer to be cute and use miller instead of the rumbler and he's big enough to do damage in the red zone

hunter is healthy rarely used

just go on and on and on and on

there was no excuse to not use them for the first 8 games of the season BEFORE crab and manninham came back


Roman is in love with Bruce Miller. He thinks he is the next Marshall Faulk. He lines him up at WR, running back, H-back, full back, TE. He does everything with him.

James and McDonald don't seem to float his boat so much.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Roman is in love with Bruce Miller. He thinks he is the next Marshall Faulk. He lines him up at WR, running back, H-back, full back, TE. He does everything with him.

James and McDonald don't seem to float his boat so much.

his boat should be shot.

jim should just go in and say "i want 8 targets between hunter/macdonald/james and no more passes to miller he is in there to block get er done"
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Roman is in love with Bruce Miller. He thinks he is the next Marshall Faulk. He lines him up at WR, running back, H-back, full back, TE. He does everything with him.

James and McDonald don't seem to float his boat so much.

his boat should be shot.

jim should just go in and say "i want 8 targets between hunter/macdonald/james and no more passes to miller he is in there to block get er done"


Well, he has each and every day available to say that, but apparently, they are in the same boat on this one.
They LOVE Bruce Miller.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Roman is in love with Bruce Miller. He thinks he is the next Marshall Faulk. He lines him up at WR, running back, H-back, full back, TE. He does everything with him.

James and McDonald don't seem to float his boat so much.

his boat should be shot.

jim should just go in and say "i want 8 targets between hunter/macdonald/james and no more passes to miller he is in there to block get er done"
im not against bruce getting the ball. he got some key first downs for us yesterday but the others should get a shot to contribute too. we drafted james because he has speed and is a playmaker. you cant be fast and make plays when youre sitting on the bench
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
im not against bruce getting the ball. he got some key first downs for us yesterday but the others should get a shot to contribute too. we drafted james because he has speed and is a playmaker. you cant be fast and make plays when youre sitting on the bench

i am against it when he goes out for passing routes that could and should go to people who could catch those same passes and almost take them to the house whereas miller is pretty much going to get tackled where he catches the ball if anyone is around him.

take that sleeper play for instance...


he ran to the sideline wide open got the pass and took it what 40 yards?

where would hunter or james have taken that? lol
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Well, he has each and every day available to say that, but apparently, they are in the same boat on this one.
They LOVE Bruce Miller.

yup they do. too bad..and its not bruce miller's fault
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
im not against bruce getting the ball. he got some key first downs for us yesterday but the others should get a shot to contribute too. we drafted james because he has speed and is a playmaker. you cant be fast and make plays when youre sitting on the bench

i am against it when he goes out for passing routes that could and should go to people who could catch those same passes and almost take them to the house whereas miller is pretty much going to get tackled where he catches the ball if anyone is around him.

take that sleeper play for instance...


he ran to the sideline wide open got the pass and took it what 40 yards?

where would hunter or james have taken that? lol

hunter and james woulda been covered lol. thats the point. people sleep on miller because hes just a fullback so they think its just a trick but the guy can catch and hes tough as nails.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
hunter and james woulda been covered lol. thats the point. people sleep on miller because hes just a fullback so they think its just a trick but the guy can catch and hes tough as nails.

possibly
macdonald could have done that as well

but then again they wouldn't have been covered because they know we don't throw the ball to rb's
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
hunter and james woulda been covered lol. thats the point. people sleep on miller because hes just a fullback so they think its just a trick but the guy can catch and hes tough as nails.

possibly
macdonald could have done that as well

but then again they wouldn't have been covered because they know we don't throw the ball to rb's

thats what bugs me. gore was a beast in the passing game until harbaugh got here and they never throw to any of the backs
Some of tgat is on Kaep. Seems like he rareoy checks it doen to Gore. And not sure why they don't/can't run screens.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Some of tgat is on Kaep. Seems like he rareoy checks it doen to Gore. And not sure why they don't/can't run screens.

Yes, it's clearly Kaepernick's fault, because Gore was racking up receptions before? Gore had 46, 52, and 46 receptions in the 3 seasons before Harbaugh. Since Harbaugh has arrived, he has a total of 68 receptions period.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yes, it's clearly Kaepernick's fault, because Gore was racking up receptions before? Gore had 46, 52, and 46 receptions in the 3 seasons before Harbaugh. Since Harbaugh has arrived, he has a total of 68 receptions period.

yup philosophy issue

at this point i just believe they're too scared to open the offense entirely up

they like to play things close to the chest.. have plays saved up for right times... that type of cat and mouse dumb crap

if they ever woke up and said hey let's just make this offense unstoppable and be historic.
then it would be. we have the personnel to do it currently on the roster.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
yup philosophy issue

at this point i just believe they're too scared to open the offense entirely up

they like to play things close to the chest.. have plays saved up for right times... that type of cat and mouse dumb crap

if they ever woke up and said hey let's just make this offense unstoppable and be historic.
then it would be. we have the personnel to do it currently on the roster.


I don't think they have the ability to do it. I have zero trust in Roman's in-game playcalling, he'll make a few good calls here and there but mostly its erratic, there is no flow like what you see with other offenses. I'm sure they do a great job gameplanning but if their gameplan doesn't work, everything goes up in flames.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I don't think they have the ability to do it. I have zero trust in Roman's in-game playcalling, he'll make a few good calls here and there but mostly its erratic, there is no flow like what you see with other offenses. I'm sure they do a great job gameplanning but if their gameplan doesn't work, everything goes up in flames.

thing is, if they opened up and showed the possibilities you wouldn't be able to game plan.

it would be a case of, ok what did they prepare for the entire week? ok let's not do that and do the opposite.

if they came to stop the run ok we run but spread it out on you

you came to stop the pass ok we're gonna pound it

you came to try to play zone? ok cool option read on you..

you want to play off? ok we're gonna eat that zone up

you want to blitz? cool screens to hunter and james..

you want to bump and run? cool bunch formation..

you want to spy kap? cool we'll roll him out and a wr will enter the area you just left and we'll keep doing that until you stop spying.. oh and when you stop? we'll make sure the pistol is in use.

there shouldn't be a way to stop us.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Some of tgat is on Kaep. Seems like he rareoy checks it doen to Gore. And not sure why they don't/can't run screens.

Yes, it's clearly Kaepernick's fault, because Gore was racking up receptions before? Gore had 46, 52, and 46 receptions in the 3 seasons before Harbaugh. Since Harbaugh has arrived, he has a total of 68 receptions period.

Also, don't forget the QB befor Kap was captain check down, so that also explains why Gore had more catches in the previous years.

Want proof?? Jamaal Charles is the LEADING RECEIVER for the Chiefs with 57 receptions.
[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on Dec 10, 2013 at 3:41 AM ]