There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

• LVJay
  • Veteran
[ Edited by LVJay on Dec 8, 2013 at 1:41 PM ]
That is complete crap. MM, Crabs and Boldin are not enough. I don't know how but they have to manage it better.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
inactive yet again...only 4 wrs active

boldin

crabtree - off achiles tear

manningham - off acl

kassim osgood - special teams and running plays only

so essentially, 2.5 wrs lol

well i'll be damned lol
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Dec 8, 2013 at 1:58 PM ]

boldin

crabtree - off achiles tear

manningham - off acl

kassim osgood - special teams and running plays only

so essentially, 2.5 wrs lol

well i'll be damned lol

Good to enjoy that blocked punt!
Yeah, Manningham is clearly not right. Hopefully Patton is active next week.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 8, 2013 at 4:41 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dmatt:
Originally posted by sfout:

The worst part is Osgood is the 4th WR......kind sad we can't find someone less expendable than a healthy Patton.
Osgood is a probowl level special teamer on run based offense. If Manningham was that bad, I'm sure that they would have replaced him with Patton.

I wasn't baggin' on Osgood. I think Osgood does a lot more for our team than other players that are active on game day which is why they need to find someone to deactivate besides Patton.
Going to bump this...think he'll be ready to go next week hopefully against the Bucs. I really think this kid could be a great x-factor to maybe move Manningham to WR4 and break open the play book. You can't guard Davis, Crabtree, Boldin and hope to contain this kid. I'm pretty pumped for his re-arrival as we know Harbaugh likes this guy and will hopefully give him a chance.
Originally posted by ltrain:
Going to bump this...think he'll be ready to go next week hopefully against the Bucs. I really think this kid could be a great x-factor to maybe move Manningham to WR4 and break open the play book. You can't guard Davis, Crabtree, Boldin and hope to contain this kid. I'm pretty pumped for his re-arrival as we know Harbaugh likes this guy and will hopefully give him a chance.

49ers will have a great chance to open up the playbook against Atlanta and their atrocious secondary in particular.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
49ers will have a great chance to open up the playbook against Atlanta and their atrocious secondary in particular.

start it next week
there is no tape on patton get him in there and let him get loose
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

You mean Tampa? ATL is 2 weeks away.
Originally posted by sfout:
You mean Tampa? ATL is 2 weeks away.
. I meant specifically against Atlanta they can really open the passing offense up a bit.
Will not suit up for the rest of the season
Time for the kid to play. Manningham just doesn't have it right now. Yesterday, only bad things happened when Kap threw to him.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Time for the kid to play. Manningham just doesn't have it right now. Yesterday, only bad things happened when Kap threw to him.

Patton may not be as good of a blocker as Manningham is now even with Mann seeming to struggle. For a third receiver, good blocking may be almost as important as running crisp routes and catching catchable balls. That said, I would like to see what Patton can do.
Originally posted by 49erphan:
Patton may not be as good of a blocker as Manningham is now even with Mann seeming to struggle. For a third receiver, good blocking may be almost as important as running crisp routes and catching catchable balls. That said, I would like to see what Patton can do.

it shouldn't

the 3rd wr should be in the game to run routes and get open

i like that our guys can block
but its becoming ridiculous that they're out there blocking most of the time. like vance or a 3rd wr.

get out there in the field, get open and make plays