There are 654 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Originally posted by Buchy:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
I hope he is active and gets to play a little but I don't think he will be -- Osgood will be active as the 4th WR probably for ST

Had he not broken his foot, he would have had a great opportunity to play but now Crabs and Mario are back so and if we ever go 4 wide, its Vernon and not a WR

It was sweet to see that -- Boldin, Crabs, and Vernon on the Right, with Mario lined up on the left

Manningham's knee is still problematic, he didn't play much last week. If he's still having knee issues right now, at this point, it likely is one of those injuries that won't get better for awhile or at all, similar to his former teammate Steve Smith who went from 1,000 yard receiver to out of the league in 2 seasons.

I'd activate Patton over Manningham at this stage, as you said I think the knee is flaring up after games etc and I am not sure how much of an impact he will have in the play offs. I think it would be better to get Patton reps and development in preparation.

Doesn't look good for Mario staying next season in all honesty.
Damn, didn't realize Mario's knee was that bad. If that's the case, then activate Patton.
inactive yet again...only 4 wrs active
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:

The worst part is Osgood is the 4th WR......kind sad we can't find someone less expendable than a healthy Patton.
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 8, 2013 at 12:18 PM ]

Not surprising.

this team is f**king stupid.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

this team is f**king stupid.

Only one of our WRs play ST now in Osgood. KW sorry butt is a Chief now
Meh, I see more 1 and 2 WR sets coming up, doing absolutely nothing to get Seattle out of their loaded box.
Im sick of this CRAP!!! WTF!!! Why are the 49ers soooo predictable only activating 4 wrs?? This offense is SOOOO Easy to defend. Just play press coverage vs the 49ers and stack 8 in the Box with single safety high.
Patton wasn't going to play even if was on the 46. He's not playing over Manningham and we're going to split Vernon out wide as well.
[ Edited by SFrush on Dec 8, 2013 at 12:51 PM ]

boldin

crabtree - off achiles tear

manningham - off acl

kassim osgood - special teams and running plays only

so essentially, 2.5 wrs lol
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:

The worst part is Osgood is the 4th WR......kind sad we can't find someone less expendable than a healthy Patton.
Osgood is a probowl level special teamer on run based offense. If Manningham was that bad, I'm sure that they would have replaced him with Patton.
Geez, they should have inactivated Carrier and made Patton available.
Even in a spread formation and a 4WR look, it's 3 WRs and VD acting as the 4th WR. Just because Patton isn't suiting up doesn't mean the 49ers are going majority 2TE sets. We'll have to wait and see. Carrier is in because Celek's out. They still like to power run and that 3rd TE is needed in case Vance/VD go down.
well another year of not using a WR
WOW, can't believe he is a healthy scratch. Manningham and Crabtree just aren't durable yet and the Hawks are notorious for knocking out 9ers WRs.