LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 369 users in the forums

New 49er Corey Lemonier

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by nothing03:
There's a trend on how the 49ers pick their D-Line Baalke loves high motor players.

...and LONG arms.

with BIG...
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by buck:
Haralson took a huge pay cut and will be a free agent next year.

The chances he gets cut are slim and next to none.

The team can, and in my opinon should, carry four outside linebackers.

So do you cut another young prospect in Fleming to hold on to aging Haralson for a year???

Parys Haralson is an experienced veteran who will provide quality depth next year. You only replace him if Darius Fleming shows he is ready to handle the duties of a starter. You can't keep Fleming simply because he is young, he has to be capable of being a starter since one injury could make him one. I think it's safe to assume Lemonier wont be ready to handle full time duties for at least a year, similar to Aldon Smith. This makes it a two man battle for the third spot on the depth chart. I assume Haralson will win the position with his experience, but nonetheless the battle between these two should be an exciting one in preseason.
I can see Leavit and Jimmy T turning taking this guys raw rushing ability and molding him into a well rounded stud pass rusher.

At least I hope
Definitely more of a natural pass rusher than Fleming. Fleming's very athletic and strong but not a great pass rusher. He sets the edge very well which makes him a good replacement for Parys. Corey will be used to rush the passer, Fleming will be used in a similar capacity to Parys, if Darius sticks around. The two guys we got today are two guys who can kill the QB on third down, I would not expect to see Fleming in on 3rd downs. I could see him spelling our OLBs if tired on first or second downs and contributing big on ST. Corey is just the more talented player in my eyes.
For a 3/4 OLB I'm fine with him. Chances are we draft another OLB next year as well.
Originally posted by jreff22:
For a 3/4 OLB I'm fine with him. Chances are we draft another OLB next year as well.

Wouldn't suprise me. Can't have enough good OLB's when you run a 3-4.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
There's a trend on how the 49ers pick their D-Line Baalke loves high motor players.

...and LONG arms.

with BIG...

arms
im lovin this pick, i think im more excited about this guy than carradine but i love em both. this draft is perfect
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Wouldn't suprise me. Can't have enough good OLB's when you run a 3-4.
Well chances are Parys and Fleming/Johnson get cut......

we draft another kid and let him fight for the 4th spot and leave the position alone for a few years and start working on CB
...and LONG arms.

Not just pass-rushers....every single guy they've picked has long ass arms. Guys with good reach and leaping ability.

Leaping = explosive first step

Long arms, in pass rushers, keep the powerful O linemen off you. If they can't engage you they can't use their power to stop you.

Fleming might be able to back-up at inside linebacker
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

...and LONG arms.

with BIG...

Male reproductive organs
  • buck
  • Veteran
So do you cut another young prospect in Fleming to hold on to aging Haralson for a year???

I do not think it is very likely that we cut the only experienced back-up outside linebacker that we have.

Fleming does not need to be cut; practice squad is a viable option.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jimrat:

whoa, dude looks legit
This article will provide you insight on why they traded up! Looks like Pats, Texans, Broncos might have had some interest.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/04/surprised_by_49ers_corey_lemon.html
Share 49ersWebzone